Dyche out Moyes in.

If we get rinsed by Bournemouth then I don't see who we're going to compete with. At that point if people stick with Dyche, then all is lost.
Agree on that. Give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but a big defeat against Bournemouth could see him out. I just don’t think Moshiri cares enough to bother changing manager.

Moyes knows how to play without much pace in the squad. I can’t remember having any speed monster during his 9 years with us.

He did well at west ham without much pace too. He will not be a bad choice.

They could be named in the squad as well 😄
Irvine did a great job at West Ham, as did McKinley and Nolan. Round helped Arteta turn Arsenal around and into a force.

In truth, Dyche will probably do enough for the team to survive, but Moyes could actually take the club forward. His knowledge of the game is very good and he showed he can mix it in Europe too.

Irvine did a great job at West Ham, as did McKinley and Nolan. Round helped Arteta turn Arsenal around and into a force.

In truth, Dyche will probably do enough for the team to survive, but Moyes could actually take the club forward. His knowledge of the game is very good and he showed he can mix it in Europe too.
And don't forget his work ethic. Was constantly travelling to games all over the country every chance he had for years. Dyche, for all his bluster, strikes me as a bit of a lazy lump in his off time - he has a beer gut and goes to Glastonbury to mooch about in a field for days on end. Surely his demand for huge effort falls flat somewhat when he doesn't walk the walk himself.

Would Moyes even want to come back?
He’s been up for it before, though the finances might put him off. If we give him latitude to control things like under Bill he would probably take the challenge.

Moyes strikes me as one of the very few coaches who can outperform their resources as long as they get to call the shots.

I think we`ve probably seen the best of Moyes as a manager, but I`m beginning to think that a Moyes in decline is still better than what we will get under Dyche. I still hope that he can turn it around and that the players are letting him down, but my patience gets tested to the limit when I see Keane starting again and Holgate getting time ahead of a new 20m CB, and DCL firing blanks again. Team selection is fully on the manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back