Dyche out Moyes in.

No to Moyes. He is too similar to Dyche. Might be slightly better but not someone to take us forward
I think the benefits outweigh the negatives by some margin. BUT, when Moyes was at the club last, it was a very very different back room set up. I think you’d have to bring him back and give him the same amount of control he had previously. The one he struggled to mimic at United because their set up is bigger. But he could see us back to success I reckon. He’d get time as well if he came in October.

Yeah, because everyone since has been a massive success. Rangers went back to Walter Smith and he was much better, which is saying something.
Moyes wasn't a success either considering he had 11 safe no danger of the sack seasons with us. 11 seasons to build a run of the mill team. Don't get me wrong he got some good players in but he also stuck with players far too long to stunt further progress. He was more than content with the job he was doing that he failed to attempt to push on.

Would Moyes even want to come back?

Right now, I would be very surprised.

Karen Brady said he left West Ham, in part because he felt underappreciated by their fans, having taken them from relegation to being in Europe and winning a European Cup.

The lure of the new stadium and a new owner with funds to spend would tempt him, but if Dyche went now, when it’s all still uncertain with the ownership and there’s evidently a big job to do to keep us up, I think he’d pass it up.

It’s not the same club he left, his mate Bill isn’t here and there’s chaos behind the scenes that has seen off several other experienced and talented managers.

In the state we are in I think Moyes with Cahill as an assistant looks a pretty decent bet. Moyes to steady the ship and keep us afloat. Cahill to learn and be the guy to move us forward in a few years time. Win win

Moyes, Dyche and Allardyce all from the same stable
We have a squad that Dyche built, if this team try to play expansive football we are down (they cannot pass 5 yards forwards, and you can’t turn a turd into gold). This teams strength is keeping it tight, changing to a Hipster manage is exactly what was mentioned in the pre match write up. We need a manager like Dyche, because that’s the only way this dysfunctional squad can work, but not dyche as he isn’t good enough and should have been sacked last year when we went 13 games (3 months) without a win. He’s clearly set his stall out to break that this year and just set another unwanted record. Just sack him, he’s a stain on the club. He has turned us into Burnley like so many warned….its all he knows, Moyes won a flipping European Trophy!! And he doesn’t have a job, just go get him using the Trippier wages.

Moyes wasn't a success either considering he had 11 safe no danger of the sack seasons with us. 11 seasons to build a run of the mill team. Don't get me wrong he got some good players in but he also stuck with players far too long to stunt further progress. He was more than content with the job he was doing that he failed to attempt to push on.
Yeah, we absolutely don’t want a manager who regularly got us European football and even qualified for the CL here. Good times with Dyche, we’re due a win in November. 🎉

The irony is, we’re probably a very similar team to that which Moyes first inherited, built on old has been talent, lacking any quality and just chip and chase.

As an aside, the never go back argument only works in scenarios where you SACKED the manager. If we get him back we can at least right that record

Dyche deserves some blame for that but not all. DCL is off his game big time, Doucoure is off his game and so is McNeil, you've got Harrison who seems the most match fit but not clinical enough. Defence is just a mess. It's pretty obvious Dyche wanted to start the season with the team that did well at the end of last season and then phase in the new lads, but is having to adapt a similar 23/24 starting 11 around injuries and Onana going. I see his logic and I hope it clicks soon, I like Dyche more than Lampard (who I'll be honest, I hated) and no one else could do much with this squad.

In the state we are in I think Moyes with Cahill as an assistant looks a pretty decent bet. Moyes to steady the ship and keep us afloat. Cahill to learn and be the guy to move us forward in a few years time. Win win
Not heard a peep about Cahill stepping into management, seems to have a lot of business interests now. Could see him doing a job for us as Director of Football or Chairman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back