Dyche out Moyes in.

The club doesn’t like to look too far afield when it comes to recruitment which I’ve come to accept. So if a decision is made in the next half a dozen games to replace, Moyes is a decent shout only because that’s what we do. My preference is that we’d look elsewhere to a progressive coach and who knows with BK not being there and FM seemingly becoming more and more distant the decision makers on recruitment maybe different people.

Outside of Carlo the rest have been poor.

Sure, and he’s possibly the greatest manager of all time.

The rest, bar Lampard and Benitez won more games than Dyche and were sacked.

I just think, if you remove the emotional element for Moyes, he would be advised it’s not a wise career move right now.

Yeah, we absolutely don’t want a manager who regularly got us European football and even qualified for the CL here. Good times with Dyche, we’re due a win in November. 🎉

The irony is, we’re probably a very similar team to that which Moyes first inherited, built on old has been talent, lacking any quality and just chip and chase.
So you agree....no success. Most of those European excursions were quite embarrassing really. Enjoyable being in Europe but it wasn't great was it. 11 seasons of mainly dour football and not a single win away at Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal showed that his mentality is quite similar to Dyches. Martinez comes in and wins straight away at Man Utd. Moyes is not our messiah

Close thread. Davie M would have zero interest. We are 5 levels below West ham. Anybody who thinks any different to the above is insane ( probably better off 😆)

So you agree....no success. Most of those European excursions were quite embarrassing really. Enjoyable being in Europe but it wasn't great was it. 11 seasons of mainly dour football and not a single win away at Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal showed that his mentality is quite similar to Dyches. Martinez comes in and wins straight away at Man Utd. Moyes is not our messiah
Martinez won the square root of zero, it’s an odd take. He also started the decline, signing legends like Alcatraz and Kone. The best team we had in the last 20 years was Moyes’, if he’d had a striker we’d have won something. The only good thing Martinez did was get Lukaku.

Martinez won the square root of zero, it’s an odd take. He also started the decline, signing legends like Alcatraz and Kone. The best team we had in the last 20 years was Moyes’, if he’d had a striker we’d have won something. The only good thing Martinez did was get Lukaku.
So did Moyes. Moyes had 11 seasons having a go. He finally won a trophy in a 3rd grade euro competition that many didn't take seriously. He is an average manager but I wouldn't say a successful manager

Moyes tried with Andy Johnstone, Beattie and Yakubu at no small cost yet still won nowt. He got some good players in but still persevered with ones that couldn't cut the mustard. When in position he wouldn't pull the trigger

I know it’s hard to believe ( for some Evertonians ) but there are more than 2 or 3 football managers in the world .
I know , radical isn’t it ?
I bet I’ve blown your collective minds , right ?
Just sit down and let your brains absorb that snippet of information , fact check it if you want , I guarantee it’s genuine.
You’re welcome !

You know him and your club better then I... but I would say (it was few years ago now mind), Moyes was absolutely atrocious for us in a relegation scrap. Couldn't motivate the squad or fans at all. We ended up going down without a fight, despite it being a squad that had stayed up fairly handedly under Big Sam the year before.

I appreciate he has since had a good spell at West Ham. But I wouldn't trust Moyes to motivate anyone when the chips are down and you need to fight for every last point.

our teams were disorgaznized shambles and very weak minded under Martinez. some glitzy ball art first then the soufle caved in never slam the oven door!

We had the best manager in the world (Carlo) and he didn't win a trophy either so I think we should just keep on sacking every manager we get because none of them are good enough.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back