Dyche out Moyes in.

Disagree with some saying Moyes is Dyche I think Moyes is 10 times the manager Dyche is. Everyone's entitled to their opinion plenty don't want Moyes back I get it. Things went stale under Moyes. He left but before he left he went behind our back with MU and he then came back with disrespect for our players. Times moved on. Is he better or worse? That's subjective. He's had some good spells and some bad spells at clubs. I think he'd be better than Dyche. Dyche got through it last season poor start and 4 months without a win. To his credit he also became the club spokesman in a troubled season. He'll probably ride the current storm.

I know who I'd rather have.

We were playing some decent stuff towards the end, were still soft centred in big games though ofc.

I've never really bought into this 'dour davie' stuff, he was aware of limitations and made no secret of it - which is why he gets persecuted.

We were playing some decent stuff towards the end, were still soft centred in big games though ofc.

I've never really bought into this 'dour davie' stuff, he was aware of limitations and made no secret of it - which is why he gets persecuted.

Had an eye for talent as well. Seems to remember him picking up on Lukaku and maybe Essien before getting gazumped by Chelsea

West Ham fans have some weird idea that they are a “beautiful football” team cos they had some good players in the 1960s. They are usually dire and became a dangerous side under Moyes.

If we are to move forward as a club in the future we need to get a younger more progressive manager.

But won't they just swan off to a more successful club in 2-3 years after "proving themselves" with a eighth place finish here? Are you just saying what you'd want without considering reality and the things that always happen in reality? We need stability. The only time we had any success in the modern era was when we had a stable manager. It doesn't have to be the same guy but the stability is crucial and a "young progressive" manager won't stay here.

Moyes would struggle with this awful squad. The continuing decline needs to be managed by someone who knows how to get these particular players to take us to 4th from bottom or better.

Sure. Did any alarms go off in your head that Moyes already did that once? We were 16th in the year before Moyes ... and we were one point off relegation when Moyes was appointed. So the guy who already did it, and won a big-ish trophy recently, can't do it ... while the guy who has never done it and never won anything big can do it? I don't understand.

It's the terms he left on I think, also this squad is nothing like what he inherited in 2002.

Don't think so mate, only Pickford currently walks into that team.

What on earth is this? C'mon. Honestly? So we've got Stubbs, Weir, Hibbert, Unsworth, Gravesen, young Rooney and Dunc. You'd likely have all of them starting (even though Hibbert and Rooney are very young -- this is year one Hibbert not 04/05 Hibbert ... we do have better RB options when healthy than Hibbert in his first year). But that's not a full team. So you're saying nobody from the current squad could beat out ...

Steve Watson
Alessandro Pistone
Niclas Alexandersson
Tomasz Radzinski
Mark Pembridge
Jesper Blomqvist
Steve Simonsen
Idan Tal
Scot Gemmill
Joe-Max Moore
Alec Cleland
Tobias Linderoth
David Ginola
Andy Pettinger
Peter Clarke
Kevin McLeod
Nick Chadwick

We're not in the pub thirty years ago, we can look this stuff up. I find it very hard to believe you truly believe what you are saying. Nobody now is better than any of them?

The only rational and logical conclusion? MOYES IN!

You forget 'dithering Dave' too :D

But some of the football was great back then we'd often get good results at Goodison many goals on the break.

But won't they just swan off to a more successful club in 2-3 years after "proving themselves" with a eighth place finish here? Are you just saying what you'd want without considering reality and the things that always happen in reality? We need stability. The only time we had any success in the modern era was when we had a stable manager. It doesn't have to be the same guy but the stability is crucial and a "young progressive" manager won't stay here.

Sure. Did any alarms go off in your head that Moyes already did that once? We were 16th in the year before Moyes ... and we were one point off relegation when Moyes was appointed. So the guy who already did it, and won a big-ish trophy recently, can't do it ... while the guy who has never done it and never won anything big can do it? I don't understand.

What on earth is this? C'mon. Honestly? So we've got Stubbs, Weir, Hibbert, Unsworth, Gravesen, young Rooney and Dunc. You'd likely have all of them starting (even though Hibbert and Rooney are very young -- this is year one Hibbert not 04/05 Hibbert ... we do have better RB options when healthy than Hibbert in his first year). But that's not a full team. So you're saying nobody from the current squad could beat out ...

Steve Watson
Alessandro Pistone
Niclas Alexandersson
Tomasz Radzinski
Mark Pembridge
Jesper Blomqvist
Steve Simonsen
Idan Tal
Scot Gemmill
Joe-Max Moore
Alec Cleland
Tobias Linderoth
David Ginola
Andy Pettinger
Peter Clarke
Kevin McLeod
Nick Chadwick

We're not in the pub thirty years ago, we can look this stuff up. I find it very hard to believe you truly believe what you are saying. Nobody now is better than any of them?

The only rational and logical conclusion? MOYES IN!
Moyes' very first starting XI v Fulham, not our best team under him by any stretch

Simo
Pistone
Unsy
Weir
Stubbs
Hibbert
Carsley
Gemmell
Grav
Ferguson
Radzinski

Which players from yesterday, walk into that team? Pickford, obviously. Maybe one or both centre backs?

Does anyone from our entire current squad of midfielders or forwards walk into that team? I reckon not.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back