Dyche out Moyes in.

Moyes' very first starting XI v Fulham, not our best team under him by any stretch

Simo
Pistone
Unsy
Weir
Stubbs
Hibbert
Carsley
Gemmell
Grav
Ferguson
Radzinski

Which players from yesterday, walk into that team? Pickford, obviously. Maybe one or both centre backs?

Does anyone from our entire current squad of midfielders or forwards walk into that team? I reckon not.

That was first year Hibbo ... which I mentioned before and you purposefully ignored because it weakens your argument and you'd rather pretend this was all these players in their prime rather than how they actually were in 2001.

There is no way if we signed players with stats similar to Radzinski and Gemmill that anyone here would be happy.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I know Dunc is a legend ... but he scored six goals in the league. Our top scorer in the league had six goals that year.

DCL had seven last year.

I'm not sure what is going on where you think this team was better ... they look fairly similar to me ... similar goals scored ... similar finish in the league ... the only difference is that some of those players (under Moyes) went on to become Everton favs. So you're remembering the 00's in general where these players contributed to some "okay times" ... not literally 2001 when they all sucked and we sucked and this group of players almost got relegated.

You're not comparing the 2001 version of those players to the players today because if so it would be a relatively even mix of two fairly crappy teams that can't score goals.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.