Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really arsed tbh, I've been to Kiev on route to Kharkiv and I thought it was good although time have changed since then.

Hotels are cheap as well so we've all got ourselves king size beds on our own in boss hotels.

I wouldn't have minded it getting moved as I just want to win the tie and I think that would help us a lot.
Sounds like you might other plans in Kiev then than just the footy?!
:blush::whip:

I remember similar scaremongering for krasnodar, one poster said don't be surprised if you get a kidney robbed

Yep, I remember all the scaremongering when I posted that we'd arranged to meet some Dinamo Bucharest fans over there.
They were fantastic people, but the comments before were virtually racist generalisations.
The people we met in Krasnodar brilliant too.

Yep, I remember all the scaremongering when I posted that we'd arranged to meet some Dinamo Bucharest fans over there.
They were fantastic people, but the comments before were virtually racist generalisations.
The people we met in Krasnodar brilliant too.
Like they say, empty vessels make the most noise. It'll be the people who don't go to theses places who have the most to say and it's usually wrong

I booked flights with no insurance with Lufthansa, within 30 minutes of the draw.
Pleasantly surprised today to be able to add insurance at less than £12 and would suggest anybody who has already booked flights tries the same.
As other people have said, I can't see this being moved. That's happened mainly due to political concerns, not trouble in the stadium.
The latest video above looks worse than earlier ones and there must be a serious chance of it being played behind closed doors.
Hotel is also booked, so I really don't know what to do if that's the case.
My main concern is running out of holidays at work!
If we did go all the way in this competition, I'd be struggling for holidays for the Champions League!
Fingers crossed!
And as for people who said this would be worse than Millwall, I assume they've never been to Millwall......or Leeds, or Chelsea etc. in the 70's / 80's.

Who's the insurance with?

Who's the insurance with?

The flights and insurance were both with Lufthansa.
I never buy insurance off the travel companies because I'm covered by my bank, so skipped the insurance when I booked the flight.
When it got a bit dodgy I went back onto my booking and was surprised to find that I could add insurance.
If you've booked with another airline it's worth checking whether you add now.
I didn't want to take the chance on my bank insurance covering a refund under these circumstances.
Good luck

Blackbeard and Walrus would have loved it.*

*One for the arl arses.
'Walrus, Walrus, Walrus...' I so remember that chant when he marched around the pitch before every game. Had my first season ticket back in 1971* and he was such a part of our pre-match ritual. Loved the attention too did the cane-wielding copper...

*Cost me the princely sum of £3 6s, which I afforded without a problem on pocket money and the proceeds of my paper round. That's 30p a game and ALL cup games and reserve games free. Not £40/60 a shot like today to keep those primadonnas in a new Ferrari every week.

The flights and insurance were both with Lufthansa.
I never buy insurance off the travel companies because I'm covered by my bank, so skipped the insurance when I booked the flight.
When it got a bit dodgy I went back onto my booking and was surprised to find that I could add insurance.
If you've booked with another airline it's worth checking whether you add now.
I didn't want to take the chance on my bank insurance covering a refund under these circumstances.
Good luck

Thanks pal, I'll check that myself.

I was offered cancellation insurance myself but passed over it like you so ill check it out again.

What routes and flights are everyone taking for this? Need some ideas on the cheapest way to get there, if it's not behind closed doors and in Ukraine!

The cheap flights from Gatwick have gone now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back