• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 maybe but they'll build on the squad they have now letting the likes of Milner go. The big thing next year as we are all aware of is the introduction of VAR, a massive negative point for them.
Let Milner go!
What would be the point of Salad cheating if there is no guarantee of a successful penalty conversion.

Confirmation if it were needed that their hoops are going half crown, tanner.
Aldo saying in The Independent that this 2019 side should be feted as heroes "even if" they finish runners up.
Bit of a change in his bullish comments a few weeks back.

You wouldn't believe how many have said the same to me, he had to dive to win the pen so it's okay....they just can't understand how that is wrong on so many levels and no matter how many times I said even with arms around him there's no way you dive in such a fashion the more they said well he has to go down in that fashion to win the pen

I pray to the Evertonian god's to make this an excellent 7 days for all of football humanity

Their M.O. prevails throughout the lot of them. Defend the indefensible..."he had to go down to get the decision"....which in normal parlance equates to manipulating the simulation to get the decision in their favour. Its still acting with the incentive in mind ahead of the deed. As good as Salah is, the fella makes Franny Lee look perpendicular.

They are not winning anything. League gone, Barca will knock them out.
Mass exodus of players in the summer. All change.
I’ll have some of what you’re drinking, but yes, all of that would be marvellous. Imagine getting 97pts and finishing runners up, heads will be exploding everywhere, Sky pundits telling us they must win team of the year etc etc

Game over for these by Saturday.

Barca will beat them by 3 or 4. They’ll be gutted and Newcastle will smell blood.

Lesser teams have missed bags of chances this season against them, Barca won’t.

Standby for operation Klopp meltdown

It won't. But the whole narrative here is that the RS deserve to win the title, and every neutral wants them to win it.

They are up against the monied elite, a club that simply wasn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as them a few years ago, and still isn't today (in their eyes).

For the media and the RS, their victory would be one based on fair play and a victory for the common football fan in the face of otherwise sinister forces, Arab oil money, dirty money, corporatism, they see themselves as the people's club in all but name.

How a club with their history manages that PR feat is miraculous, but they have done it thanks to friends in low places / the media.
It's like Leicester, but the difference is that Leicester were genuine underdogs and a non-Big 6 team. It was like Blackburn all over again. The narrative made Tottenham look like a bunch of rotten spoilsports. It doesn't really work with Liverpool.

Or VAR in the 1977 Semi Final when Hamilton's goal would have been allowed.
Or VAR in the Cup Final against Arsenal when Henchoz handled on the line after 10 minutes.
Or VAR in the League Cup Final when Birmingham should have had a penalty to beat them
Or VAR in the Champions League Final in 2005 when Gerrard dived for a penalty
Or VAR in the 1/4 final that year against Arsenal when Gerrard dived for a last minute penalty
Or VAR in the semi-final when Garcia's goal didn't cross the line
Or VAR in the last league game in 1986 when Dalglish scored an offside goal against Chelsea to win them the league.

Those are only the ones I can think off off the top of my head. And yet somehow their fans think they're unlucky!!!

I remember a particularly shameful dive by Stevie G La against Athletic Madrid in a CL group game. He charged into a defender and then just bounced off him and three himself to the floor like he'd been shot.
Wish he had been shot. Kneecaps first and his vile missus.

Last edited:
The money floating about for tickets for the wolves game is making my head spin.

These lot are nothing if not optimistic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back