• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate who is a Toon fan reckons they will get a draw. He is a bit of a (successful) gambler and is not prone to ridiclous predictions. If he thinks they can get a draw, there is a good chance they will.
They should’ve drew about 4-5 games more this season at least in truth, if it weren’t for the spawniest goals you’re ever likely to see/ incorrect decisions going their way/ Salah going down like he’s been shot when he’s within 3 yards of a defender.

They should be held to a draw at Newcastle.

But they won’t.

They should’ve drew about 4-5 games more this season at least in truth, if it weren’t for the spawniest goals you’re ever likely to see/ incorrect decisions going their way/ Salah going down like he’s been shot when he’s within 3 yards of a defender.

They should be held to a draw at Newcastle.

But they won’t.

Spurs home, us at home, Palace away, Leicester away based on Liverpool’s performance should have been a draw. There’s 8 points already before you even get into games they deserved to win but could/should have drawn (e.g Spurs away that they outplayed Spurs in but were 2-1 up and gave away a blatant pen not given, or Palace at home/Fulham away that they deserved to win but needed the keeper to chuck it in the net to do so)

You can look through their fixture list and make a case for a fair number of games they’ve probably got more from than they deserved.

You can’t really do the same for City. When they’ve played badly they’ve dropped points almost every time. Even when they’ve played well such as Chelsea and Wolves away they dropped points too. They’ve just maintained an unbelievable level all the way through and even in the remaining two games Liverpool fans are banking on Leicester or Brighton getting a result they don’t deserve against City whilst they’re almost entirely confident that whatever trash performance they turn out in between the Barca games they’ll just find a way past Newcastle.

I am just remembering sommat, Dave.

When they tried to argue with the goalline technology after Stones cleared off the line against them at City’s ground lol
I wonder if VAR would have shown the Garcia effort against Chelsea in the semi final not to have crossed the line.

Spurs home, us at home, Palace away, Leicester away based on Liverpool’s performance should have been a draw. There’s 8 points already before you even get into games they deserved to win but could/should have drawn (e.g Spurs away that they outplayed Spurs in but were 2-1 up and gave away a blatant pen not given, or Palace at home/Fulham away that they deserved to win but needed the keeper to chuck it in the net to do so)

You can look through their fixture list and make a case for a fair number of games they’ve probably got more from than they deserved.

You can’t really do the same for City. When they’ve played badly they’ve dropped points almost every time. Even when they’ve played well such as Chelsea and Wolves away they dropped points too. They’ve just maintained an unbelievable level all the way through and even in the remaining two games Liverpool fans are banking on Leicester or Brighton getting a result they don’t deserve against City whilst they’re almost entirely confident that whatever trash performance they turn out in between the Barca games they’ll just find a way past Newcastle.
One of my kopite mates said to me at the weekend that Salah had to dive against Cardiff cause if he hadn't he wouldn't have got the penalty. My point was that referees get decisions right and get decisions wrong that's why they're in charge, but no he didn't agree with that, they can't have a decision go against them so they're happy to see one of their players cheat to get the decision they believe they deserve. He didn't accept that Salah was a cheat even though he admitted the Cardiff defenders action against Salah hadn't been the cause for him going down. Kopites are G..... as they say.

I just love now that City have played their game in hand, they are top for a whole week instead of just a day or two. Sure, the RS play first again at the weekend, which may see them go top for a day, but City will then be top again for all of next week.

It is also noticeable how the media which constantly talked about RS being top don't have nearly as many mentions of City being top now.

I think the games are even on paper. Newcastle are worse than Leicester, but it's an away game 3 days after a tough European away fixture.

Wolves are fighting for seventh, Brighton will be safe on the final day, but it's a home vs an away fixture. Wolves may be the slightly tougher fixture, but I still expect te RS to easily pick up the points there.

As funny as it sounds, I somehow think Newcastle, of the four teams, may be the most difficult game of the lot. Come on Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back