• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodisonopheliac paranoia time: I'm worried about the CL now. Because of Liverpool winning all their away fixtures.

Lost to PSG away
Lost to Napoli away
Lost to Red Star away
Beat Porto
Beat Bayern

Here is there away record against the top 6 plus us (their 6 toughest always each season on paper)

Lost to City
Draw at United
Draw at Arsenal
Draw at Chelsea
Draw at Everton
Beat Spurs.

Of course they can beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp but there’s nothing in their performances this season to suggest they will blow them away which is of course what a load of them are now getting excited about.

Would be interesting to see Barcelona v Leicester actually as according to media reports on both they’re probably at the same level now. The greatest counterattacking team of all time with the premier league’s best striker against a team with a dodgy defence with Messi upfront who isn’t good enough to avoid being snuffed out by Milner and Henderson.

Indeed. I noticed their win on Friday night made it into the top ten most read stories on the BBC News page! Wonder if ‘Man City retain title’ will feature on that list in a week or two? I doubt it.

It won't. But the whole narrative here is that the RS deserve to win the title, and every neutral wants them to win it.

They are up against the monied elite, a club that simply wasn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as them a few years ago, and still isn't today (in their eyes).

For the media and the RS, their victory would be one based on fair play and a victory for the common football fan in the face of otherwise sinister forces, Arab oil money, dirty money, corporatism, they see themselves as the people's club in all but name.

How a club with their history manages that PR feat is miraculous, but they have done it thanks to friends in low places / the media.

One of my kopite mates said to me at the weekend that Salah had to dive against Cardiff cause if he hadn't he wouldn't have got the penalty. My point was that referees get decisions right and get decisions wrong that's why they're in charge, but no he didn't agree with that, they can't have a decision go against them so they're happy to see one of their players cheat to get the decision they believe they deserve. He didn't accept that Salah was a cheat even though he admitted the Cardiff defenders action against Salah hadn't been the cause for him going down. Kopites are G..... as they say.

You wouldn't believe how many have said the same to me, he had to dive to win the pen so it's okay....they just can't understand how that is wrong on so many levels and no matter how many times I said even with arms around him there's no way you dive in such a fashion the more they said well he has to go down in that fashion to win the pen

I pray to the Evertonian god's to make this an excellent 7 days for all of football humanity

It won't. But the whole narrative here is that the RS deserve to win the title, and every neutral wants them to win it.

They are up against the monied elite, a club that simply wasn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as them a few years ago, and still isn't today (in their eyes).

For the media and the RS, their victory would be one based on fair play and a victory for the common football fan in the face of otherwise sinister forces, Arab oil money, dirty money, corporatism, they see themselves as the people's club in all but name.

How a club with their history manages that PR feat is miraculous, but they have done it thanks to friends in low places / the media.
That's why it will be even more glorious when city win it. Their fans will go into meltdown and the dopes in the media will unwittingly fan the flames for weeks, if not months. It will be an entertaining summer of gems like "the rules should be changed so a goal is scored when the ball is mostly over the line" or "city should have been docked points for how much they've spent" (completely ignoring the insane amounts they've spent) or "Liverpool would be champions if you got more points for a draw".

You wouldn't believe how many have said the same to me, he had to dive to win the pen so it's okay....they just can't understand how that is wrong on so many levels and no matter how many times I said even with arms around him there's no way you dive in such a fashion the more they said well he has to go down in that fashion to win the pen

I pray to the Evertonian god's to make this an excellent 7 days for all of football humanity
Yes mate just underlines how they think collectively, unable to accept anything that potentially will not go their way. They deserve nothing for this attitude alone.

They are not winning anything. League gone, Barca will knock them out.
Mass exodus of players in the summer. All change.
The first 2 maybe but they'll build on the squad they have now letting the likes of Milner go. The big thing next year as we are all aware of is the introduction of VAR, a massive negative point for them.

They are not winning anything. League gone, Barca will knock them out.
Mass exodus of players in the summer. All change.

If they don’t win anything this season (still a big if). What does he change in the summer? They’ll never have the same perfect run they’ve had in the league this season for luck and injuries. They can’t change any of the front three as one lazy forward and their whole pressing game falls down. They showed with Coutinho that they can’t carry a number 10 as it opens their midfield up too much. I don’t think they can improve on their first choice back 4. He could spend a load of money (again) and probably end up doing worse.

City meanwhile only spent on Mahrez last summer. They could legitimately have a splurge on a successor for Fernandinho, a top striker to challenge Aguero and another fullback. They could arguably be even stronger.

I don’t see how Klopp gets his system any better. He can’t get a first team replacement for any of Alisson Alexander Arnold Gomez Van Dijk Robertson Fabinho Keita Wijnaldum Mane Salah Firmino without risking a drop in work rate or quality. That’s a whole first 11.

The footy news cycle this morning: "Man City could be winning the title by relying on millimetres for balls going over the line and being saved from going over the line".

Ha Ha Ha.

Their army of pliant poodles in the media are fewmin.

its millimetres that defines any top level sport tho surely, it can the difference between 1st and the rest in golf, tennis, snooker, darts....the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back