• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
150m something like that

Could honestly see him going there
They paid close to £200 million for him mate. You can double that figure. I'll be honest, I hope they buy him. Their amortisation doubles if they buy him, never mind the wages etc.

If they sign him, they have to let more than one of their big hitters go.

Oh and if they pay him in excess of 400k per week, good luck keeping VVD, Alisson, Mane & Salah on their existing wages. I suspect they will have to up the wages of those lads alone by about 500k per week to keep them happy. The wage bill would be increasing by around £50 million alone from those lads. To a team with one of the highest wage bills in Europe.

They'll always be Liverpool. Always have a shameful history. Always have the stink of controversy and disgrace on them.

You cant shake that off. No matter how many cup competitions they win (while they continue to fail to win the title for another 30 years).

I wouldn't take what they've won if it meant shouldering that historic burden of ignominy. I would never be able to convince myself it'd been worth the human catastophe. They can try and avalanche the the media with their PR and attempt to bury their past, but it will ALWAYS be there. An indelible stain on football.

You know, living abroad, nobody really understands all my many reasons for loathing everything about that weird cult. I only stumbled across GOT this week so I'll share an oldy but a goody for those who haven't seen it. Phil Neal when asked about Heysel. Doesn't like to talk about it... Unless you pay him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/apr/03/newsstory.sport

(Scroll down a bit... The way Jackson just quotes it verbatem is, as a journo myself, chuffing magnificent)

LFC06.jpg

What a photo. lol

Eat some fist, baldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back