• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the two doctors (one a Consultant, the other a GP) who were on official duty at Anfield last night for the Pink concert. A Huyton lady went into labour in the Main Stand and stewards managed to manoeuvre her to the First Aid Medical Room beneath the Kop and subsequently the Doctors successfully delivered beautiful baby Dolly Pink there. Of course, our local rag's online version gave an alternative slant to the happy event...…

Liverpool fans deliver baby on the Kop after woman goes into labour during Pink gig
Dolly Pink FFS

I think a prize money of about 100m pounds should make it more worthy than a Carabao Cup or European Simod Cup or DFB Pokal for that matter. Thats all I am saying. In a world where average footballers go for obscure amounts of money, I think the prize money that the champions league offers would definitely help a team that merely participates in it.

Well from a business point of view you would be correct but I was talking from a togger point of view. Its about as important a trophy as the Leyland DAF trophy and holds nowhere near the prestige it should.

That's not to say I wouldn't say no to the European Coca Cola Cup mate, I just think it's a bit of a joke tbh

Its about as important a trophy as the Leyland DAF trophy and holds nowhere near the prestige it should.

That's not to say I wouldn't say no to the European Coca Cola Cup mate, I just think it's a bit of a joke tbh

As much we can discuss more about this, this is the biggest club competition of European Football and a prize money to match. Whether or not it has lost its magic or its flavour is something left to discuss on any other day. I am not sure if anybody here would say no to participating in the competition mate just because its doesnt hold the prestige it once did. We fans need to set our demands high. And if as of today, the champions league it is, then so be it.

As much we can discuss more about this, this is the biggest club competition of European Football and a prize money to match. Whether or not it has lost its magic or its flavour is something left to discuss on any other day. I am not sure if anybody here would say no to participating in the competition mate just because its doesnt hold the prestige it once did. We fans need to set our demands high. And if as of today, the champions league it is, then so be it.

Of course no one would say no to participating in the Euro Farmers arms cup mate.

Like I said, I wouldn't say no to it or participating in it I'm just saying it's a bit of a joke of a comp and not one I personally look at with any envy.

Try convincing City, PSG, Juventus, Barca, Bayern and Madrid. All of them would trade their league title for CL. It’s a fact.
Try to convince a Liverpool fan the CL is bigger then the league, those clubs maybe but not Liverpool since its the one they cant win

Everything from player of the year to the greatest ever clubs are determined by performances in CL. It’s a big deal if not the biggest.

It should be a big deal but it isn’t...every year 2 teams like Liverpool and Spurs contest it, playing football as bad as anything served up all season in any top league, it loses more and more of it’s appeal.

UEFA will be praying for a City / PSG / Juve / Barca final next season and if it doesn’t change quickly they’ll change the format to make sure they get it.

Neutrals aren’t interested in watching 2 nothing teams contest what’s supposed to UEFA’s flagship tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back