Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can was far from as good as you seem to reckon (and from what I can tell, he’s got better in your eyes since leaving, too) and to say Shakiri is in our most congested area suggests you’re talking rubbish. Beyond the 3 first choice front men, the cupboards are mostly bare.

Keita may not work out, but you and I have very little ability to say definitiveky one way or another.

I do tend to agree on Alisson though. I’ve not seen much of him, but what I have seen doesn’t scream world record fee, if I’m honest.

The reality as far as most reds seem to think is that we’re having a nice window, but that we’re still a long time at off city.

There's a reason he left a team scraping final day 4ths for perennial winners and Champions League stalwarts.

There's a reason he left a team scraping final day 4ths for perennial winners and Champions League stalwarts.

There’s also a reason he didn’t regularly hold down a place in a midfield which has Henderson and Wijmaldum in it.

If going to a better team than you leave automatically makes you a top player, how do you reconcile that with your views on Keita and Shakiri?

Can has gone because a) why wouldn’t he join them from his position? b) why wouldn’t they sign a promising, youngish German international on a free? And c) He wasn’t a regular for Liverpool so as no interest in signing a new contract a year or two ago.

Sometimes things make sense, without it being a screw up by the RS or the RS being unable to compete to keep their players.

There’s also a reason he didn’t regularly hold down a place in a midfield which has Henderson and Wijmaldum in it.

If going to a better team than you leave automatically makes you a top player, how do you reconcile that with your views on Keita and Shakiri?

Can has gone because a) why wouldn’t he join them from his position? b) why wouldn’t they sign a promising, youngish German international on a free? And c) He wasn’t a regular for Liverpool so as no interest in signing a new contract a year or two ago.

Sometimes things make sense, without it being a screw up by the RS or the RS being unable to compete to keep their players.

He did regularly hold down a place though unfortunately. He played about 80% of league games despite numerous injuries. His percentage of played games when available was over 90%. A regular which ever way you want to spin it.

Going to a better team makes you a top player? Now come on, stop being silly. Show me where i said that. I didn't.

Can has gone because he wanted to join a big club that wins things.
Like Michael Owen.
And Steve McMananamananaaman.
And Xabi Alonso.
And Luis Suarez.
And Fernando Torres.
And Mascherano.
And Coutinho.

He did regularly hold down a place though unfortunately. He played about 80% of league games despite numerous injuries. His percentage of played games when available was over 90%. A regular which ever way you want to spin it.

You know more about Liverpool players than practically any Liverpool fan, mate.

He was ok. A decent player and a good prospect, but he was also often sloppy in possession, could be lethargic and lacks pace. What he offered was the willingness to drive forward with the ball that frankly has been replaced by oxlade chamberlain, if he can stay fit.

He will probably do well for Juve, and losing him for free is a shame, but you’re way overstating his loss to Liverpool’s first team. By miles.

Going to a better team makes you a top player? Now come on, stop being silly. Show me where i said that. I didn't.

You replied to my post, which was entirely about him not being as good as you are saying his is, by saying there’s a reason he’s left to go to juve.

I hope you can see how I arrived at that conclusion.

Can has gone because he wanted to join a big club that wins things.
Like Michael Owen.
And Steve McMananamananaaman.
And Xabi Alonso.
And Luis Suarez.
And Fernando Torres.
And Mascherano.
And Coutinho.

And there will bis plenty more.

Having said that, it’s also the reason we were able to sign half of them in the first place.

It’s how football works, really.

While it’s true those players left to win more, 5 of that list actually won trophies while at the club, as well as falling short as losing finalists and league runners up (albeit by a distance in some instances).

Not that it changes anything, and plenty more players will leave in the future.

We are a lot closer to competing for trophies than the vast majority of clubs, but nobody is kidding themselves that there aren’t more assured routes to silverwear.

That's a huge fee for a 26 year old keeper who has only made around 80 first team appearances. Aside from 2 howlers in the CL final, I actually thought Karius has an excellent half a season for them last year. Think its a case of Klopp bowing to fan pressure here.

That's a huge fee for a 26 year old keeper who has only made around 80 first team appearances. Aside from 2 howlers in the CL final, I actually thought Karius has an excellent half a season for them last year. Think its a case of Klopp bowing to fan pressure here.

Karius has already made a howler this season within the pressure pot of Prenton Park he now has the goalie equivalent of the yips, long may he continue to be the RS number one they deserve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back