Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some one not likely to post,you dont shut up,you registered on here just before the CL final itching to come on screaming 6 times,failed,then to gave a go about Pickford,until he saved Horrendousons skin,now your waffling on about spending money,Im sure theres plenty on RAWK who want to listen to you,maybe start a petition if your stuck for something to do,or stand by the Arkles with a flare and brick the 17 as it goes past

Relax man, no need to be so het up.

Lazy, cliched, unsubstantiated bs.

I’m only chatting about the same things the rest of you are. No more, no less.

They don't feck about in the transfer window anymore do they, on paper their first 11 next season is going to be ridiculous. Meanwhile we've not signed a single player. Gap between us and them is only going to get bigger and bigger over the next few years imo.

It's frustrating that they seem to be in the habit of buying the right players consistently and that it has helped facilitate their transformation from financial basket cases to the point where they can splash this kind of cash without it really being a crazy risk.

However, things can go wrong on the pitch at any time. Managers can get their heads turned, players can pick up long term injuries, loose confidence or just tank. Sooner or later their luck in those respects will run out.

So I can live with the on pitch stuff.

What really concerns me is what they are doing with their infrastructure. They spent £110m to transform their stadium from a weight around their financial neck into something that is delivering returns comparable to a modern purpose built stadia. That investment will have paid for itself in 5/6 years and will make additional development possible. We on the other hand intend to spend £500m+ on BMD that will take 30-35 years to pay back and probably won't leave us much closer (once paid off) in terms of match day income than we were before either of us moved forward with stadium development.

That sort of gap terrifies me.

And I see from the echo that they are definitely moving forward with their training campus project, so in two years time the only tangible advantage we currently will have disappeared.

So colour me concerned, but it isn't Salah, Alisson etal keeping me up at night, it's the other sort of chasm.

Keita is way better than Can,Keita is a more penetrative player,better skill set in interceptions dribbling and passing than Can who looks limited in those departments.

Moshiri should be looking long and hard at what's going on across the park,their next turnover results will be nearer to £500 than £400 and now have the spending power to spend big and pay the wages with the likes of Europe's other big spenders,they just dropped £50 million on a new training ground and have further plans to expand their capacity.

Moshiri has to get the new stadium sorted ASAP and also have a plan to get this club into the CL,every season the gap is widening considerably on and off the pitch,I don't want us being irrelevant like Espanyol,1860 Munich or Torino.

We are Everton and we deserve better.

Nope, i've seen a lot of both and Can is definitely better.

Yes, Klopp is spending a lot, the pressure is really on him to produce now. Referee assisted journeys to finals and being outclassed and last day 4th place trophy victories just aren't going to cut it anymore. Big season for Klopp's millionaires this year, I can see an epic meltdown.

It's frustrating that they seem to be in the habit of buying the right players consistently and that it has helped facilitate their transformation from financial basket cases to the point where they can splash this kind of cash without it really being a crazy risk.

However, things can go wrong on the pitch at any time. Managers can get their heads turned, players can pick up long term injuries, loose confidence or just tank. Sooner or later their luck in those respects will run out.

So I can live with the on pitch stuff.

What really concerns me is what they are doing with their infrastructure. They spent £110m to transform their stadium from a weight around their financial neck into something that is delivering returns comparable to a modern purpose built stadia. That investment will have paid for itself in 5/6 years and will make additional development possible. We on the other hand intend to spend £500m+ on BMD that will take 30-35 years to pay back and probably won't leave us much closer (once paid off) in terms of match day income than we were before either of us moved forward with stadium development.

That sort of gap terrifies me.

And I see from the echo that they are definitely moving forward with their training campus project, so in two years time the only tangible advantage we currently will have disappeared.

So colour me concerned, but it isn't Salah, Alisson etal keeping me up at night, it's the other sort of chasm.

The expansion cost more than £110m. Even on the most charitable readings of the financial results (i.e the extra £12m per season, i've adumbrated previously why it's dumb to attribute this to the new stand) but hey ho, even on that it's going to take nearly two decades if we take into account interest on the loan and extra costs incurred in the staffing and maintenance of the new stand. In reality close to three decades.

It often went unfilled, hence the Anfield Road expansion being shelved for now.

It’s Klopp’s last spin of the dice. If he doesn’t win a trophy this year the mob will be on him and he knows it so he may as well go all out and spend every pound available. It’s probably the last season before VAR as well so any future league camapaign is only going to be harder for them once the cliches ‘you don’t get given that sort of decision at Anfield/old Trafford’ and ‘it’s a brave ref who does that this early in the game in front of the kop’ disappear and it is a more level playing field.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea weren't in for Allison, that's why Liverpool went for him now as courtois hasn't left yet. They knew they would lose out to chelsea

They did the same with van djyk, city would of signed him but Liverpool got him before the transfer window opened.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea weren't in for Allison, that's why Liverpool went for him now as courtois hasn't left yet. They knew they would lose out to chelsea

They did the same with van djyk, city would of signed him but Liverpool got him before the transfer window opened.

Lol yes Van Dijk forewent the chance to sign for the Premier League Champions for the foreseeable because Liverpool were jsut too quick and sneaky.

VVD would be lucky to make City's bench ffs.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....an-city-closing-60m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/amp/

Otamendi, mangala, kompany (injury problems) and stones (who we all know about)

You crack me up.

Otamendi Stones and Kompany are all better than Van Dijk. He’s a good defender yeah but really the mythology around him has been blown wildly out of proportion. ‘He’s a rolls royce’ ‘sorted the defensive problems’ ‘could play for any team in the world’. To me their form in the back half of the season looked just as defensively suspect as before. Conceding 4 at Roma, 3 to Madrid, Palace caused them all manner of problems, as did West Brom, even we had a glut of chances against them at Goodison. United beat them with ease and could have been out of sight at half time, Chelsea who weren’t even playing for their manager also could have had a few.

The times I’ve seen him he mixes some nice touches on the ball and some over the top shouting with being positionally all over the shop.

They paid a world record fee for a defender, for that you expect the world’s best, he’s nowhere near the bracket of Ramos Varane Umtiti Godin, not even close, he’s probably not even in the bracket underneath that either.

Otamendi Stones and Kompany are all better than Van Dijk. He’s a good defender yeah but really the mythology around him has been blown wildly out of proportion. ‘He’s a rolls royce’ ‘sorted the defensive problems’ ‘could play for any team in the world’. To me their form in the back half of the season looked just as defensively suspect as before. Conceding 4 at Roma, 3 to Madrid, Palace caused them all manner of problems, as did West Brom, even we had a glut of chances against them at Goodison. United beat them with ease and could have been out of sight at half time, Chelsea who weren’t even playing for their manager also could have had a few.

The times I’ve seen him he mixes some nice touches on the ball and some over the top shouting with being positionally all over the shop.

They paid a world record fee for a defender, for that you expect the world’s best, he’s nowhere near the bracket of Ramos Varane Umtiti Godin, not even close, he’s probably not even in the bracket underneath that either.
Since he arrived they had the best defensive record in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back