Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There going to get a 61000 seater stadium at a cost of 150m as apposed to spending 500m+ for a new one.

It's a debt yes, but given the fact there turnover will increase, its not a big risk.

There's not a chance of that mate. They've spent about 120 million on the last stand. You are looking at at least that to do the Anfield Road up, and given the continued rising costs and inflationary pressures on the pound you are probably conservatively looking at 240 million extra to do the Anfield road up (despite what the official figures and Goebels in the echo tell you). If they wait much longer it could well push even higher.

So not bad, but they won't get much change out of 300 million for the new development. They will then have a ground that remains in a terribly situated part of the city and will be very much 2nd fiddle to both ourselves (if BM goes ahead) and the Echo arena. They missed a big trick not moving grounds, and building a purpose built stadium. They will end up paying about a huge amount for a sub standard stadium in a terrible location.

I have no idea where the 150 million figure has come from. You won't even begin to start knocking things down for 30 million.

You obviously watch us more than I do, and to be fair I don’t watch much European footy unless it’s Liverpool so I’ll cede to you on the others, without question.

The reason we’ve fallen short of winning anything (three runners up and a close second in the league) is mostly squad depth, and the fact that while we have some quality players, some teams have more.

Man for man, city are miles better, both as a First xi and as a squad. So are real, and realistically so are a few more.

It’s hard to win trophies. Not many teams do these days.

What I find odd is the veneration Klopp has from a new layer of your fans. I remember Houllier hounded out as a failure for finishing 4th.

I almost pity LFC how you have fallen from a side that demand the best to one that accepted being a million miles away from the league. When this is pointed out, you get the usual obsessional response about when we won trophy, normally a threat, an accusation that you are some sort of criminal (if I was black probably racist abuse) but never an understanding that I am not in the least bit bothered or concerned about Klopp or Liverpool, it just seems a bit sad how far you have fallen. You seem a nice lad, but a lot of your fans are utter sewer rats I'm afraid mate.

Tbf I’m all for them expanding the stadium, I’m about a year away from getting a ST there.

My dad , 2 of my uncles and 3 of my cousins all have ST’s at anfield and make a fortune selling their seats to foreigners every week.

I’ve been on their waiting list for a bit , my lad is too lol

I genuinely hand on heart know more Evertonians with season tickets there than RS

Hahahahaha.......

I think some members of RAWK have pushed the wall over between there and GOT. This thread is riddled with rs.

I had my first hearing of rs talking about them challenging for the title today. It's happening. The CL final humiliation is forgot, the final jigsaw pieces are arriving, it's going to be their year!

Utter rubbish. If you want to win something with the rs this year, work out who'll be the new boss when Klopp walks after a major wobble. World record defender and goal keeper? You better not be conceding anything there Kloppo otherwise the pressure will be too much.

Tbf I’m all for them expanding the stadium, I’m about a year away from getting a ST there.

My dad , 2 of my uncles and 3 of my cousins all have ST’s at anfield and make a fortune selling their seats to foreigners every week.

I genuinely hand on heart know more Evertonians with season tickets there than RS

To be fair mate, if you're a local you are really quids in, as they give preferential treatment to people born in Liverpool, but obviously struggle to fill the demand for what is a fairly modest number for supply. A big hole in the market that.

we all knew karius was garbage, and most people despite some hype because he played okay against panama, knew that henderson is a very average player. Looking at the transfer policy this summer, assuming the alisson deal goes through, klopp is addressing their weak points. They are a threat next season, not having won a trophy yet makes it harder, that first one is the toughest with the pressure you put on yourself, but they are a threat for sure. Can only hope someone grabs klopp off them or Buvac's departure has a real affect

Their debt is rising but so is their turnover a lot bigger with tv revenues,match day and commercial season going up every,and debt is so overrated in football today especially with the top 10 clubs in the money list.

Real Barca United Arsenal Chelsea Spurs are all in the top 10 turnover clubs and all have debt in the hundreds of millions each from multiple loans and stadium debt and not one of those clubs has done a Leeds/Portsmouth.

I keep repeating on here once you hit the 400-500 million pound mark in turnover you can spend on big fees/wages and still easily service a debt as Real Arsenal Barca and United have shown and those clubs have been in around the magic 400-500 million turnover bracket for multiple seasons which is where the RS are occupying now and Spurs should be in a few seasons with their new stadium.

No surprise the RS owners who all come from a Wall Street back ground have found ways to have their turnover grow every year,cleverly they have used a big bulk of their biggest commercial deals with companies headquarters based in Boston/New England area with New Balance,Dunkin Donuts and Subway and also have financial companies as their shirt and sleeve sponsor.

It's wishful thinking the RS will go into serious debt and go bankrupt,Leeds a local club with no international fan base had a loan of 120 million when their turnover was around 60-70 million and also had no big tv,match day or commercial revenues to rely on,Portsmouth was a money laundering enterprise owned by a dodgy Russian/Israeli gangster family who were syphoning money from the club coffers.

Moshiri sadly seems to be lacking in the financial acumen,turnover has gone up but the % it has is pitiful compared to the RS,as Moshiri comes from a financial background he really needs to be clever at getting turnover up quickly starting with the new stadium and having a commercial enterprise.

How much time does @Steve0 spend on reading about the RS finances and statistics and dissecting players performances in matches? I find it genuinely weird. Yeah, its quite funny the way he winds them but a quick look at his post history and the quantity of posts on this thread makes me wonder whether he’s actually a RS winding us up. Certainly a strange one.

Inappropriate Language

Yes OK I am sure you do, absolute [Poor language removed] and you know it, stop trying to outscore other loons on here.

I worry in here the amount of knowledge some of our "fans" have about the apparently hated RS, we have deep reds under the bed.

Liverpool spending absolute millions on quality players whilst we have to sell players and no deals are imminent, according to our local paper.

What a depressing time to support us.

Feels like we’ve just given up on trying to compete and are happy enough with our midtable place.

The lack of transfers and any news at all about the progression on the stadium is just typical of this club.

What I find odd is the veneration Klopp has from a new layer of your fans. I remember Houllier hounded out as a failure for finishing 4th.

I almost pity LFC how you have fallen from a side that demand the best to one that accepted being a million miles away from the league. When this is pointed out, you get the usual obsessional response about when we won trophy, normally a threat, an accusation that you are some sort of criminal (if I was black probably racist abuse) but never an understanding that I am not in the least bit bothered or concerned about Klopp or Liverpool, it just seems a bit sad how far you have fallen. You seem a nice lad, but a lot of your fans are utter sewer rats I'm afraid mate.

I remember wanting Houllier out by the end, and it was less about him only securing 4th, and more about the fact that the football had become quite turgid and that we needed a change. Any manager that fails to win and falls further from being likely to win the league comes under pressure at Liverpool (as is now the case at United, Chelsea and I expect Arsenal, too) but extra weight is added if the football isn’t good.

Klopp right now gets extra good will because a) he’s following on from a throughly awful last season under Rodgers, b) he has reinstilled a feel good factor playing exciting football, and c) has generally signed quality players.

But you’re right, he’s under pressure to win something, and the more he spends the more scrutiny he will face.

But on the money bit, you can’t highlight the total amount spend as a stick to beat us with, and highlight the departure of key players who have left “to win things” as a separate one.

We’ve spent a lot of money, but until this window we’ve also received big money at the cost of losing good players.

There’s always the chance we’ll sell a star this window, but for once it doesn’t feel too likely, but it could happen, obviously.

If suddenly we sold salah for £150m, the fans will be less happy and optimistic than now, but by default the pressure on klopp eases slightly too.

Everything is tye sum of all the parts, and those parts are often moving with us.

On Alisson, I’m concerned about spending that much on a keeper, and haven’t seen enough of him to know if he’s anywhere near worth it. (Obviously accounting for the fact that none of them are bloody worth that much)

As for the rest of it, o can’t speak for other fans that I don’t know, but the vast majority I know online, and all the ones I know in real life, are not the sewer rats you describe. They’re normal blokes and girls, just like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back