Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you’d know that more than me. You’re one of the weirdos that actually do it!!!! You’re accusing others of doing exactly what you do yourself. The irony. If I were a RS, I wouldn’t hide it. There’d be no need to. But my opinion is that ALL football fans are the same. Extremely precious, protective of our team, to the point of being unreasonable. Tunnel vision. I tend not to get involved in all that sort of stuff, every set of fans are just as bad as every other set of fans IMO. Every fan of almost every club is optimistic at the start of the new season, even more so when money is being spent. Like us last season. Like West Ham this season. Even Arsenal. Chelsea fans with a new manager. That how football fans work. Eternal optimists until reality bites. It’s not exclusive to certain clubs. Everyone gets carried away. It was/wasn’t a pen/ handball/free kick/sending off etc etc etc, depending on where loyalty lies. You just can’t win with football fans. It’s just a never ending vicious circle that can sometimes boil over. We all have opinions but very rarely in football can a proper fan be constructive and honest. I’ve heard Man Utd fans complain about negativity about their club in the press, ive heard RS fans complain about media bias TOWARDS UTD, I see our fans complain about negativity from the media towards our club and bias towards the RS whilst they complain about the negativity from the media. Every clubs fans think there hard done to.
Thing is, I just think you chat utter wham, and get off when you see your name mentioned (as has been mentioned) on other forums. You’re chatting wham just to get a reaction off other sets of fans, that makes you just as bad as all the RS coming on here. It’s not just this, it’s the tone of most of your posts elsewhere too, you come across as extremely self righteous and arrogant in most of your posts, your opinions are your opinions and not actual fact. You belittle or accuse people of being RS when anyone disagrees or questions you. That’s your default position. Not even joking. If that opinion makes me a RS, then so be it.
:oops:

I remember the over the top tackle of Jimmy case on Geoff Nulty, ended Nulty’s career. I don’t remember many of your lot offering sympathy......
The name Nulty doesn’t mean a thing to me. And just for the record, i wouldn’t necessarily expect you to be sympathetic, I’m just curious.

Kevin Campbell is my favourite player. As mentioned earlier, Space are my favourite band. Seeing Super Kev arguing about Liverpool with one of Space on Twitter is making me feel like I'm in high school again.
Have to say, the chamberlain news is a big blow (though it had been alluded to tahtnit was a really bad one a couple of months ago, so not entirely unexpected).

I really like him, and thought he was getting nicely settled in the team.

Real shame for him, personally, too as he comes across as a nice fella.
The news didn't bother me that much until I heard a RS (from Kent) tell us, on the radio, that if the Ox had been fit you would have won the Champions League and England would have won the World Cup. Obviously I am somewhat relieved that he missed the Champ[ions League but I do feel a tinge of regret about his absence from the World Cup squad.

I know the comment is not a big thing, so I’m not aiming this at you specifically, but I’m interested in how you lot feel about it in general...

Is any bad news for the reds good news to you and to be celebrated, or would you have sympathy for Ox for an injury like this?
I have sympathy for any player that gets injured, but that doesn't extend to sympathy for their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back