Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just *curious.

This is the truest thing you have said so far.
*curious synonyms:
strange, odd, peculiar, funny, unusual, bizarre, weird, eccentric, queer, unexpected, unfamiliar, abnormal, out of the ordinary, atypical, anomalous, untypical, different, out of the way, surprising, incongruous, extraordinary, remarkable, puzzling, mystifying, mysterious, perplexing, baffling, unaccountable, inexplicable, irregular, singular, offbeat, unconventional, unorthodox, outlandish, off-centre, aberrant, freak, freakish, deviant;

Why would any of us be arsed about him anyway? He's not much of a threat. It's like Lovren getting injured.

(I don't have a hateboner for him, honest guv'nor)

Not remembering one of the myriad wrong doings of Liverpool? That's unlike a Liverpool fan.

Maybe he remembers this then...
AfPxY7g.jpg

I know the comment is not a big thing, so I’m not aiming this at you specifically, but I’m interested in how you lot feel about it in general...

Is any bad news for the reds good news to you and to be celebrated, or would you have sympathy for Ox for an injury like this?

Whilst I wish no ill on the fellow, I honestly couldn’t give a flying one if he misses a whole season or if never plays again.

Sorry about that :blush:

However, if any of our fans indulged in this kind of gloating over his misfortunes I would be thoroughly ashamed.

Moderators seriously need to have a tidy-up on this thread.

It's originally designed for slagging them, yeah?

Not for giving them a safe space to air their tired patronising boring shat. They get enough airtime on SKY and column space in pretty much every rag on the newstands. Last place they should be allowed to mouth off should be here.

They'll have their own page in the official match-day programme at this rate...

No prisoners... NO mercy.

Honestly, signing up for membership of another team's page ...... grown men, allegedly... same whoppers who made loads of meffy banners about Everton for the final they got humped in.

Lash 'em on the bonfire, laaa

Moderators seriously need to have a tidy-up on this thread.

It's originally designed for slagging them, yeah?

Not for giving them a safe space to air their tired patronising boring shat. They get enough airtime on SKY and column space in pretty much every rag on the newstands. Last place they should be allowed to mouth off should be here.

They'll have their own page in the official match-day programme at this rate...

No prisoners... NO mercy.

Honestly, signing up for membership of another team's page ...... grown men, allegedly... same whoppers who made loads of meffy banners about Everton for the final they got humped in.

Lash 'em on the bonfire, laaa
I concur.

Their debt is rising but so is their turnover a lot bigger with tv revenues,match day and commercial season going up every,and debt is so overrated in football today especially with the top 10 clubs in the money list.

Real Barca United Arsenal Chelsea Spurs are all in the top 10 turnover clubs and all have debt in the hundreds of millions each from multiple loans and stadium debt and not one of those clubs has done a Leeds/Portsmouth.

I keep repeating on here once you hit the 400-500 million pound mark in turnover you can spend on big fees/wages and still easily service a debt as Real Arsenal Barca and United have shown and those clubs have been in around the magic 400-500 million turnover bracket for multiple seasons which is where the RS are occupying now and Spurs should be in a few seasons with their new stadium.

No surprise the RS owners who all come from a Wall Street back ground have found ways to have their turnover grow every year,cleverly they have used a big bulk of their biggest commercial deals with companies headquarters based in Boston/New England area with New Balance,Dunkin Donuts and Subway and also have financial companies as their shirt and sleeve sponsor.

It's wishful thinking the RS will go into serious debt and go bankrupt,Leeds a local club with no international fan base had a loan of 120 million when their turnover was around 60-70 million and also had no big tv,match day or commercial revenues to rely on,Portsmouth was a money laundering enterprise owned by a dodgy Russian/Israeli gangster family who were syphoning money from the club coffers.

Moshiri sadly seems to be lacking in the financial acumen,turnover has gone up but the % it has is pitiful compared to the RS,as Moshiri comes from a financial background he really needs to be clever at getting turnover up quickly starting with the new stadium and having a commercial enterprise.

There's a lot in that mate and it's a fair post. However the current spending spree will likely push the debt up towards 400 or even £500 million with sales.

Yes their turnover has increased and thats why I have I maintained it would need an underwhelming season to trigger the problems. All the while they have CL football the commercial revenue will remain consistent.

However with that level of debt, it only takes missing out for a season or so and a chain of events can begin to be put into place. This is what happened under Benitez and saw them go bust.

The difficulty they have, alongside this is Anfield is currently not big enough, doesn't have enough commercial boxes and given the area the stadium is situated in they would have significant difficulties in selling such level of boxes (particularly if they dropped out of CL football). I think this underpins the lack of speed there has been so far on the Anfield Road end. The anticipated costs for this 2 years ago were 70 million, there have been a 65% increase in costs for materials in the last 12 months so you are looking at a further £120 million (at least) to do it now. Wait another 12 months and that probably spirals towards 150 million quid. All just being piled on the debt.

Yes Leeds never had the turnover of Portsmouth, but the debt wasn't at the level this debt is getting towards. Nobody is saying they are immensely Leeds, what we are saying is, if they have a poor run on the pitch the likelihood is a repeat of what you saw at the back end of Benitez.

The name Nulty doesn’t mean a thing to me. And just for the record, i wouldn’t necessarily expect you to be sympathetic, I’m just curious.

I have some sympathy for the lad, but he's a former private school boy so likely a knobhead and this is probably some sort of Karma for his sins in his earlier life. I can't say I have much sympathy for some posh knobhead who went to a school which charged more in fees than most people earn in a year has got an injury. He deserves a damn site worse than that.

They had issues last season and they have addressed them IMO.

They needed a Keeper and their midfield was terrible, now it seems they have a good keeper and Fabinho and Kieta are very decent.

Building on last season, I can see them challenging this season sadly.

Not for me mate. Fabinho hasn't got a kick for Brazil in 2 years, he's a solid central midfielder but not much more. Keita is ok, a long way off the Maradona they all seem to proclaim though. The goalkeeper, is good, but not much more than that. They will be into full overdrive about how amazing he is, but everyone can see he's a poor Jordan Pickford.

They will get better, but so will both Manchester clubs and I still see them some way behind both of those. They lack a number 9 to lead the line and get the goals they need (presuming Salah can't repeat his miracles).

The elephant in the room is no Buvac and Klopp post a world cup. It would be an awful shame for them if he repeated the Dortmund experience.

I have some sympathy for the lad, but he's a former private school boy so likely a knobhead and this is probably some sort of Karma for his sins in his earlier life. I can't say I have much sympathy for some posh knobhead who went to a school which charged more in fees than most people earn in a year has got an injury. He deserves a damn site worse than that.
he deserves an injury because of the school his parents chose? Bit weird, but ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back