Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought awful and it was one of the worst splurges in the history of the PL,Walsh should be arrested for wasting so much money so haphazardly.

The RS already had a half decent side that finished top 4 twice and got to 3 cup finals,now they have improved their spine significantly,that team should be winning trophies now.

The midfield is weaker than it was this time last year. Can and Coutinho are better than Keita and Fabinho. Other than that you'd think Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum would be on the wane.

Not for me mate. Fabinho hasn't got a kick for Brazil in 2 years, he's a solid central midfielder but not much more. Keita is ok, a long way off the Maradona they all seem to proclaim though. The goalkeeper, is good, but not much more than that. They will be into full overdrive about how amazing he is, but everyone can see he's a poor Jordan Pickford.

They will get better, but so will both Manchester clubs and I still see them some way behind both of those. They lack a number 9 to lead the line and get the goals they need (presuming Salah can't repeat his miracles).

The elephant in the room is no Buvac and Klopp post a world cup. It would be an awful shame for them if he repeated the Dortmund experience.

Didn't their front 3 score like 100 between them last year?! I'm all for slagging them off like but to say they need a goalscorer is a ridiculous statement!

Didn't their front 3 score like 100 between them last year?! I'm all for slagging them off like but to say they need a goalscorer is a ridiculous statement!

They scored just under 60 mate. Salah had a miracle season. They will need more than the 15 they get from Firmino. Lets have a guess, who scores more out of Firmino, Aguero, Lukaku & Kane. Rank those 4.

We bought awful and it was one of the worst splurges in the history of the PL,Walsh should be arrested for wasting so much money so haphazardly.

The RS already had a half decent side that finished top 4 twice and got to 3 cup finals,now they have improved their spine significantly,that team should be winning trophies now.

You have completely missed my point. We don't know this with certainty.

Remember when Newcastle had a massive lead over United. The sold Andy Cole and bought Faustino Asprilla to improve the team in the second half of the season. Keegan asked the Toon fans to trust him on what he was doing. It blew up in his face. No-one knows until afterwards if decisions made were the right decisions.

BTW, when are you going to drop the pretence?

Unlike you I have lots of respect for RedNotLikelyToPost since he is open, takes the ribbing and writes intelligently.

He's likely an entitled knob and what goes around comes around. I'm not wasting any of my sympathy on him. He's always come across as an entitled scumbag whenever I've seen him interviewed. Maybe he can use the time injured to reflect a little.
ah, so its because of his personality, not the school his parents chose. you should have said that the first time, then I wouldnt have mistaken you for a bigoted kn0b. ;)

They will be expected to win trophies with their expenditure but these players have a history of choking when the pressure is on. Now they’re expected to win home and away every week and keep pace with Coty right from the start. It’s a completely different mindset than the ‘everyones favourite dark horse’ rubbish they usually try and pull.

I think people underestimate the players who have left as well. Can and Coutinho have walked into the midfields of Barcelona and Juventus. Fabinho can’t get into the Brazil squad and Keïta is a compete unknown outside of the Bundesliga. I wouldn’t be giving them the trophy just yet (even though every single media outlet will be tying to).

Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again there won’t be enough goals in the front three in all likelihood. Firmino is not the class of the top strikers of the other 5.

They scored just under 60 mate. Salah had a miracle season. They will need more than the 15 they get from Firmino. Lets have a guess, who scores more out of Firmino, Aguero, Lukaku & Kane. Rank those 4.

They scored the guts of 90 between them in all comps last season going by whoscored.com. As for your comparison its a bit pointless. Firmono isn't just in their team to bang in goals. He does so much more for them that that. None of those other strikers you mention even compare to Firmino and what he brings to that team. I always said I would rather they had sold him than Coutinho. He's so much more important to how that team works. Goals, assists, winning the ball back and pressing the opposition non stop.

They will be expected to win trophies with their expenditure but these players have a history of choking when the pressure is on. Now they’re expected to win home and away every week and keep pace with Coty right from the start. It’s a completely different mindset than the ‘everyones favourite dark horse’ rubbish they usually try and pull.

I think people underestimate the players who have left as well. Can and Coutinho have walked into the midfields of Barcelona and Juventus. Fabinho can’t get into the Brazil squad and Keïta is a compete unknown outside of the Bundesliga. I wouldn’t be giving them the trophy just yet (even though every single media outlet will be tying to).

Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again there won’t be enough goals in the front three in all likelihood. Firmino is not the class of the top strikers of the other 5.
Could be the reason Klopp has strengthened the defence and added Fabinho to provide the protection. Less goals scored isn't as harmful against less goals conceded. It could very well go the way you are hoping for in terms of less goals scored. I am hoping the front 3 improve their understanding of each others play. Man City are still favourites in my eyes but Spurs have done great business tying Pochetino and Kane to long term deals.

They're three injuries away from Ings, Moreno and Grujic starting games.

They've improved (possibly) the goalie. Midfielder is weaker than this time last year.

There no possibly about it they've improved their GK MASSIVELY. As for their midfield being weaker your talking nonsense. Its the exact same midfield minus Can but with Keita and Fabinho added. In what way in hell is that weaker?!?!

Beginning to agree with others now on here that your just an LFC fan trying to take the pi$$

I guess that you never mention the fact that the RS won the European Cup in 77 and 78 then since you were born after that.

There's a difference in being aware of major historical events in my clubs history, and knowing that a lad for another team got injured against us, but, seeing as you brought it up, I don't tend to talk about those victories often. We've thankfully won plenty since I have been alive to think about, albeit not so much lately.

The midfield is weaker than it was this time last year. Can and Coutinho are better than Keita and Fabinho. Other than that you'd think Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum would be on the wane.
Didn't Coutinho always play wide left for them,i can't recall him playing midfield for them much.

I think the reason they bought Keita was being impressed with his dribbling stats playing in a high pressing team,who could fix their limitations against park the bus teams.

Fabinho is a pure destroyer with highest stats in France at winning headers interceptions and tackling,he is mobile and quick as he used to be an attacking RB until 2 seasons ago,they have a quicker DM now who can get around the pitch better than the likes of Henderson and Can.

And now they have upgraded by far on a GK who's supposedly just as good as Edison with his feet.

Their recruitment just seems clever,they don't seem to buy players and shoehorn them in another position,they seem to be patient waiting for the right player for the right role.

Moratti and Paratici who are in charge of recruitment at Juventus is who their recruitment style/mantra reminds me of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back