Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield is weaker than it was this time last year. Can and Coutinho are better than Keita and Fabinho. Other than that you'd think Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum would be on the wane.
Don't know how much you watched Can last year but the other r/s on here summed him up correctly by saying his game awareness is shocking. The number of times he ball watched as players waltzed past hime was shocking. Coutinho's leaving made others in the team take responsibilty too. Loads of times they would take the easy option of passing to him. Fabinho is a breaker of opposition attacks and will be the man in front of he centre halves while Keita gets around the pitch and has energy and skill that Klopp teams need.

Can and Coutinho have joined two of the biggest teams on the planet.

Keita and Fabinho are undoubtedly weaker. Simple fact.

Can is/was nothing special ffs. Stop trying to big him up. He turned up maybe once every 10 games for them. My redscum mates are delighted with whom they replaced him with.

As for Coutinho he only really started playing at CM for them at the start of last season because they brought Salah in.. Seasons before then he was playing out wide...

Didn't Coutinho always play wide left for them,i can't recall him playing midfield for them much.

I think the reason they bought Keita was being impressed with his dribbling stats playing in a high pressing team,who could fix their limitations against park the bus teams.

Fabinho is a pure destroyer with highest stats in France at winning headers interceptions and tackling,he is mobile and quick as he used to be an attacking RB until 2 seasons ago,they have a quicker DM now who can get around the pitch better than the likes of Henderson and Can.

And now they have upgraded by far on a GK who's supposedly just as good as Edison with his feet.

Their recruitment just seems clever,they don't seem to buy players and shoehorn them in another position,they seem to be patient waiting for the right player for the right role.

Moratti and Paratici who are in charge of recruitment at Juventus is who their recruitment style/mantra reminds me of.

No he played midfield, Mane, Firmino and Salah were the front free.

Blimey you cant remember where Coutinho played but you know all Fabinho's stats....bit weird. Fact is he's coming from a league that is renowned for producing premier league flops.

Let's just hope the goalie is better than Karius with his hands before we worry about his feet!

Don't know how much you watched Can last year but the other r/s on here summed him up correctly by saying his game awareness is shocking. The number of times he ball watched as players waltzed past hime was shocking. Coutinho's leaving made others in the team take responsibilty too. Loads of times they would take the easy option of passing to him. Fabinho is a breaker of opposition attacks and will be the man in front of he centre halves while Keita gets around the pitch and has energy and skill that Klopp teams need.

"They" summed him up like that because "they" knew he was leaving. I refer you to the Aesop's fable of the wolf and the 'sour' grapes.

Juve and Barca must have bought a pair of duds then. They should have gone all out for Keita and Fabinho instead. Funny how they didn’t.

Can and Coutinho have joined two of the biggest teams on the planet.

Keita and Fabinho are undoubtedly weaker. Simple fact.
Simple fact is the best players don't make the best team. Graeme Sharp for yourselves being a great example. His hold up play, awareness and willingness to work the space was massive for Kendall. Blend, Steve, is where it is at.

No he played midfield, Mane, Firmino and Salah were the front free.

Yes for only a few games at the start of last season after he came back from being on strike. And even then it was in a more advanced position not a true CM. The seasons before he played out wide.

Can is/was nothing special ffs. Stop trying to big him up. He turned up maybe once every 10 games for them. My redscum mates are delighted with whom they replaced him with.

As for Coutinho he only really started playing at CM for them at the start of last season because they brought Salah in.. Seasons before then he was playing out wide...

Lol well Klopp saw fit to pick him for over 90% of the games...he saw something clearly. As did the winners of the last 7 Serie A titles. The team that's just signed Ronaldo.

I think your redscum mates were just trying to soften the blow. They're like that sometimes, little weirdos.

Simple fact is the best players don't make the best team. Graeme Sharp for yourselves being a great example. His hold up play, awareness and willingness to work the space was massive for Kendall. Blend, Steve, is where it is at.

And you have no idea how well the bloke from the flop league and the bloke who was outshone by Lookman will 'blend'. My guess is that wont be as good as you think.

Juve and Barca must have bought a pair of duds then. They should have gone all out for Keita and Fabinho instead. Funny how they didn’t.
Far from it, Coutinho is a fantastic footballer, Can is International standard and will probably do very well at Juve as the pace of the game is more to his liking. You seem to think best teams have best players. Whilst in this day and age it tends to be that way, the past history of our clubs prove that teamwork and the right players in the right system is a massive plus. Alan Kennedy for example.

And you have no idea how well the bloke from the flop league and the bloke who was outshone by Lookman will 'blend'. My guess is that wont be as good as you think.
Bit like you with Salah last season Steven. Any signing is a gamble . Like I said, hopefully they kick in.

Far from it, Coutinho is a fantastic footballer, Can is International standard and will probably do very well at Juve as the pace of the game is more to his liking. You seem to think best teams have best players. Whilst in this day and age it tends to be that way, the past history of our clubs prove that teamwork and the right players in the right system is a massive plus. Alan Kennedy for example.

I am just pointing out that in amongst all of the premature celebration and trophy awarding, that there is absolutely no guarantee of the quality of Fabinho and Keïta in the prem whereas it is being overlooked that Liverpool have sold two players good enough to go and join real top European sides. It might work out for them but it might not. Alisson might be a good keeper or he might find his propensity to punch everything and charge off his line doesn’t work as well in the prem as it does in Serie A. Salah might be even better this season, or defences may have worked him out and he only hits half the number. The point is no one knows yet the start of every season seems to always be Liverpool fans (and in fairness some Everton fans as well on here) trying to convince anyone who will listen that this year is their year.

I am just pointing out that in amongst all of the premature celebration and trophy awarding, that there is absolutely no guarantee of the quality of Fabinho and Keïta in the prem whereas it is being overlooked that Liverpool have sold two players good enough to go and join real top European sides. It might work out for them but it might not. Alisson might be a good keeper or he might find his propensity to punch everything and charge off his line doesn’t work as well in the prem as it does in Serie A. Salah might be even better this season, or defences may have worked him out and he only hits half the number. The point is no one knows yet the start of every season seems to always be Liverpool fans (and in fairness some Everton fans as well on here) trying to convince anyone who will listen that this year is their year.
But I have just seen, that the new GK is the final piece of the JS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back