Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends how close he comes; how good the football is; how his signings work out and what mitigating factors come into play.

If he comes second in the league on goal difference, Keita is PFA player of the year, Allison wins the Golden Gloves and we have good runs in one or two of the cups, is that a poor season? No chance.

There aren't many liverpool fans thinking about wanting rid of Klopp right now. And you only have to think about Rodgers last season with us to appreciate what he's already done for us. Think a little harder to Hodgson, and it's an even better light.

If we fall away badly, miss out on top 4, slump out of the cups, and Alisson is a £66m dud, then there'll be dissenting voices.

Right now, Evertonians seem to be the ones talking about Klopp being under pressure, and having to win trophies, and possibly being sacked. Not Kopites. That says a lot.
Personally I believe anybody who wins something over a season deserves it...no matter which club. But with the money Klopp has spent since the beginning of his tenure ( don’t give me the net spend argument..he’s still spent 500 million ) the owners are going to want some success soon.

Personally I believe anybody who wins something over a season deserves it...no matter which club. But with the money Klopp has spent since the beginning of his tenure ( don’t give me the net spend argument..he’s still spent 500 million ) the owners are going to want some success soon.

I think the owners are quite happy making bucket loads out of the club. You might not want to hear about net spend, but you can bet your dollars that they do. I'm not saying they wouldn't like us to win something, but it's the fans that will ultimately demand it, rather than the owners.

Fail to qualify for the champions league? That will get attention in Boston, for sure.

Can is/was nothing special ffs. Stop trying to big him up. He turned up maybe once every 10 games for them. My redscum mates are delighted with whom they replaced him with.

As for Coutinho he only really started playing at CM for them at the start of last season because they brought Salah in.. Seasons before then he was playing out wide...
Well hello.......whats your take on Heysel?

It depends how close he comes; how good the football is; how his signings work out and what mitigating factors come into play.

If he comes second in the league on goal difference, Keita is PFA player of the year, Allison wins the Golden Gloves and we have good runs in one or two of the cups, is that a poor season? No chance.

There aren't many liverpool fans thinking about wanting rid of Klopp right now. And you only have to think about Rodgers last season with us to appreciate what he's already done for us. Think a little harder to Hodgson, and it's an even better light.

If we fall away badly, miss out on top 4, slump out of the cups, and Alisson is a £66m dud, then there'll be dissenting voices.

Right now, Evertonians seem to be the ones talking about Klopp being under pressure, and having to win trophies, and possibly being sacked. Not Kopites
. That says a lot.

Well surely Kopites themselves put their own team under pressure with the annual exhortation of "Its our year" (….again). That pressure must rub off on Klopp especially as their Holy Grail has evaded them for the last 28 years. FSG see the club as part of their "product" being hard nosed businessmen and women (rather than the rose tinted image of scarf toting in the stand when they come over from Boston). They do need a trophy this coming term though the get out of jail card for K

Tbh every single one of the top 6 have got a fantasy football 11. United’s midfield will be Matic Pogba Fred with Lukaku Sanchez and Martial upfront. If that was the RS team they’d be expecting to sweep the lot but for some reason United have been completely written out of this season’s title race despite having a manager who is a few classes above Klopp. Arsenal’s front four will be Aubemayang Lacazette Ozil Mkhitaryan. If that fires there’s more goals there than Mane and Firmino will bring Unless Salah is in god mode. With Wenger now gone who knows how Arsenal will do. Same with Chelsea, they can put out Kante and Jorginho, two better midfielders than anyone at Liverpool.

So this two horse race that Liverpool fans like to think will exist this season is not a certainty. They may have improved but so have everyone else and they were already a long way behind.

I’ll stick with my prediction that Guardiola and Mourinho are a higher class of manager and will not be bested over 38 games by Klopp once they’re settled (which they both are now). I actually think of the 6 top managers Klopp would be ranked 5th.

I've been laughing to myself reading the forum lately about how everyone just seems to disregard United when talking about Liverpool trying to chase the title... as if they didn't finish two places above Liverpool last year, don't have a more accomplished manager, and aren't making signings of their own.

Bullets in the post for Dunn.

If it goes tits up ( which I'm pretty sure it will ) this will be the stick he is beaten with and makes him snap.

2 years ago that was him taking the piss oot of utd for signing Pogba for a ridiculous amount of money and he's doing the same so should be rightly called out on it.

Mourinho will pounce on it at the first goven opportunity

Well surely Kopites themselves put their own team under pressure with the annual exhortation of "Its our year" (….again). That pressure must rub off on Klopp especially as their Holy Grail has evaded them for the last 28 years. FSG see the club as part of their "product" being hard nosed businessmen and women (rather than the rose tinted image of scarf toting in the stand when they come over from Boston). They do need a trophy this coming term though the get out of jail card for K

We meet different reds, clearly. Some of us are optimistic, and have hope. I've not heard a red suggest we've been favourite for the title in a decade or more.

I'm sure there are plenty online (we have more knobhead fans on twitter than most teams because we have more fans on twitter than most teams) who say it, but proper reds I know dont. We're mostly as cynical as it gets.

Hope springs eternal though.

If it goes tits up ( which I'm pretty sure it will ) this will be the stick he is beaten with and makes him snap.

2 years ago that was him taking the piss oot of utd for signing Pogba for a ridiculous amount of money and he's doing the same so should be rightly called out on it.

Mourinho will pounce on it at the first goven opportunity

If Mourinho calls him a master in failure like he did Wenger, I'm booking a function room.

We meet different reds, clearly. Some of us are optimistic, and have hope. I've not heard a red suggest we've been favourite for the title in a decade or more.

I'm sure there are plenty online (we have more knobhead fans on twitter than most teams because we have more fans on twitter than most teams) who say it, but proper reds I know dont. We're mostly as cynical as it gets.

Hope springs eternal though.

You a local match goer?

I've been laughing to myself reading the forum lately about how everyone just seems to disregard United when talking about Liverpool trying to chase the title... as if they didn't finish two places above Liverpool last year, don't have a more accomplished manager, and aren't making signings of their own.

It's not exclusive. We both have to try and catch city. That united and anyone else is making strides to do so is basically irrelevant, as we all need to catch them and are all a good way off.

The reason united haven't had much attention is because they're dreadful to watch under Mourinho. Effective in the main, but awful as a spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back