Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a STH, but live in Yorkshire, but i still know loads of local reds, a fair few non-local reds, and the usual mix on forums. None are saying "our year" or mentioning jigsaws, unless with tongue in cheek.

As a footnote, just for your info, locally the "its our year" crescendo usually starts after their first two wins. However, should whatsisname the new goalie save a penalty, the domino effect will come into force immediately with the premature cliché concerning the jigsaw and the final piece in completion of same. Not so much tongue in cheek, but positively dangling on chin. Honest.

I'm a STH, but live in Yorkshire, but i still know loads of local reds, a fair few non-local reds, and the usual mix on forums. None are saying "our year" or mentioning jigsaws, unless with tongue in cheek.

You probably can't get a good reception to Radio Merseyside, not living in Liverpool.

Believe me mate, most of your fellow red's are a bunch of delusional, nasty, beauts.

As a footnote, just for your info, locally the "its our year" crescendo usually starts after their first two wins. However, should whatsisname the new goalie save a penalty, the domino effect will come into force immediately with the premature cliché concerning the jigsaw and the final piece in completion of same. Not so much tongue in cheek, but positively dangling on chin. Honest.

I'll take you at your word, but not my experience, even when i was living in the city in the early naughties under Houllier and later Rafael.

I thought we were gonna win the league under rodgers, with suarez, but not until quite late in the year. In fact it was a last minute win (via a penalty) at QPR which made me believe, and we were a good way behind city at that time, but that was performances on the pitch and it all feeling like it was coming together - the feelings we had in 05 - and didnt exist at the start of the year.

I am just pointing out that in amongst all of the premature celebration and trophy awarding, that there is absolutely no guarantee of the quality of Fabinho and Keïta in the prem whereas it is being overlooked that Liverpool have sold two players good enough to go and join real top European sides. It might work out for them but it might not. Alisson might be a good keeper or he might find his propensity to punch everything and charge off his line doesn’t work as well in the prem as it does in Serie A. Salah might be even better this season, or defences may have worked him out and he only hits half the number. The point is no one knows yet the start of every season seems to always be Liverpool fans (and in fairness some Everton fans as well on here) trying to convince anyone who will listen that this year is their year.
Of course thete are no guarantees. I pointed out Man City are the team to beat and Spurs will defo be mentally stronger. All any team can do is try and improve and I think the signings will do that. Coutinho left and Can was injured for a large part of the run in. Anyway SteveO called Fabinho the French Carlton Palmer even though he is Brazilian so you don't need to be worried.

I'll take you at your word, but not my experience, even when i was living in the city in the early naughties under Houllier and later Rafael.

I thought we were gonna win the league under rodgers, with suarez, but not until quite late in the year. In fact it was a last minute win (via a penalty) at QPR which made me believe, and we were a good way behind city at that time, but that was performances on the pitch and it all feeling like it was coming together - the feelings we had in 05 - and didnt exist at the start of the year.

Well honestly, its not a new phenomenon. And a recurring one too that will recur each barren year.

He's likely an entitled knob and what goes around comes around. I'm not wasting any of my sympathy on him. He's always come across as an entitled scumbag whenever I've seen him interviewed. Maybe he can use the time injured to reflect a little.
Haha. Classic that. Boxed a kid off with his shirt after the City away game and then sorted the kid and his dad off with tickets for Kyiv when they missed out in the ballot. Proper Jacob Rees Mogg behaviour that.

They really never learn do they. Premature celebration about winning the league, winning the CL and now even about how their signings are going to be great. Don't ever change lads because when you do fail it wouldn't be half as funny if you didn't build it all up for the rest of the country to laugh at you.

Selling Danny ward their third choice goalkeeper to Leicester for ten million. We’re practically begging teams to take our first team players on loan.
Have Leicester rehired Walsh??

That is just insane. The rs have spent an absolute fortune, now have 4 keepers, three of whom they desperately want rid of. How the hell in those circumstances can you negotiate yourselves into a position of paying first team money for someone in their mid twenties who has never played a top flight game? It makes us look competent!

Haha. Classic that. Boxed a kid off with his shirt after the City away game and then sorted the kid and his dad off with tickets for Kyiv when they missed out in the ballot. Proper Jacob Rees Mogg behaviour that.

He went to private school mate, like Rees Mogg, you will have to forgive me for not being endlessly worried if he's hurt his leg.

I taught kids who had no good, while utter c@nts like his family avoided paying taxes on their fees which could have put food in their mouths.

So forgiveness the waterworks or the "he's a great lad because he signed a shirt" nonsense. It's unfortunate he has an injury but there are far bigger injustices going on in the world outside the bubble of Kopite entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back