Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't disregard the net spend argument.
Klopps net spend before this transfer window was £0. Now he has spent 382m and he has sold 255m worth of players since he has been there.

So that's +127m for this season. However 75m last season cl money, 15m for that pre season tournament, and the likes of
ward (10m), Ings (15m est), origi or sturridge(10m est), Markovic (5m est) comes to 130m.

For the +127m outlay they will rake in 130m (approx) from the above.

The owners haven't put a penny in the club for transfers for 3 seasons.
It doesn’t matter about balancing the books...that’s purely for the number crunchers. The undeniable fact is he has passed over half a billion pounds in fees to other clubs to acquire the players he wants. Now he has to deliver. There’s only so many runners up and close finishes that will be accepted.

They'll finish 4th.

A complete waste of money on players who aren't all that.

Almost £70M on a goalie. Unreal. He's about as good as Jordan Pickford, who I have reservations about too.

If anyone watched Leipzig last season they'll know how limited Keita is. He'll be swamped in that position in the PL.

Shaqiri plays for himself. Ok for a mid-table team to win them a game on his own now and then, completely uselss as a component part in any team looking to win a title.

Fabinho: very much in the speculative punt category for me. He's going to have to shoulder some work to provide them with a solid base.

They've ballsed this window up.

Mbappe and Liverpool.. there's a combination you wouldn't expect in the same sentence unless it was "Mbappe scores two as Liverpool embarrassed at Anfield".

To be fair, at Mbappe's age he probably only knows them as goal fodder, and for a kid with an eye for goal, he'll be keeping his fingers crossed that he comes across them in the CL so he can fill his boots.

They'll finish 4th.

Almost £70M on a goalie. Unreal. He's about as good as Jordan Pickford, who I have reservations about too.

If anyone watched Leipzig last season they'll know how limited Keita is. He'll be swamped in that position in the PL.

Shaqiri plays for himself. Ok for a mid-table team to win them a game on his own now and then, completely uselss as a component part in any team looking to win a title.

Fabinho: very much in the speculative punt category for me. He's going to have to shoulder some work to provide them with a solid base.

YES! you always cheer me up on liverpool

Who's going to pay £10m for Sturridge? £5m for Markovic? £15m for Ings? These are fantasy figures. You did well to get £10m for Ward but he's still young for a goalie, did very well for Huddersfield and is an international.

It could end up looking cheap in 5 years time. He might even be the better goalie than Alison.
I think that this is actually a really good move for all involved. Liverpool get the cash for a player who is 4th choice at this point and way down in the pecking order. Leicester get a decent prospect in case Schmeichel is out, and is a long term asset with re-sale value. Ward finally goes to a team that can win the premier league for a change with a chance to prove himself. Well done to all!

YES! you always cheer me up on liverpool
It's true. I watched Keita in particular last season: they're kidding themselves if they think he can carry the ball at that pace through a PL match. Good balance like...as you'd expect with a midget.

£70M on a GK!! FFS, they are hit and miss...especially when leaving they're comfort zone locations. Chelsea had Courtois and United De Gea, and they're still miles off City...and this feller ain't De Gea or Courtois.

Shaqiri: circus act.

They've literally opened a huge furnace and thrown about £150M into it. Just like Koeman did.

Klopp will be sacked this season.

It's true. I watched Keita in particular last season: they're kidding themselves if they think he can carry the ball at that pace through a PL match. Good balance like...as you'd expect with a midget.

£70M on a GK!! FFS, they are hit and miss...especially when leaving they're comfort zone locations. Chelsea had Courtois and United De Gea, and they're still miles off City...and this feller ain't De Gea or Courtois.

They've literally opened a huge furnace and thrown about £150M into it. Just like Koeman did.

With all due respect, I think your talking out your back passage.

Klopp won't get sacked, he'll walk (alone) after having a meltdown.

the gk is very strange, they could have got butland for a third of the price

Why don’t you stick to posting on your own clubs forums ? You’re not here to post anything constructive....you’re just a wum.
Maybe you will answer me as the other kopites here won’t

Ramos or van dijk for 5 million.... who would you pick
It's an open forum that welcomes fans of other clubs. I post, in my opinion, nothing antagonistic but if you think by asking Catcherintherye about kids who went to private schools is being a wum then so be it. I asked an auld fella on work years back why he read the Daily Mail and he answered "Know your enemy son!". I suppose it must be something along those lines. Just the same as you lads reading dnd quoting on RAWK but not posting on there. I will post on here, those lads just lurk.
Ramos all day long to be honest. Quality all day long and the mentality most teams need.

They'll finish 4th.

When I start getting worried again I’m just gonna read this post. This is the most logical summing up of them I’ve seen.

You would get good odds on Klopp being sacked, Dave.

All that net spend palaver is nothing to me btw. It aint my dough so let them get on with it. Your club realised that spending is only the real way of catching up as youth development is a massive gamble. Still don't think we will win the league btw.

And here's one that went below the radar:
Qe0I0Uh.jpg
Remember that, not even a foul according to the ref.

Recently got made redundant so have a spare few quid - care for a bet ? The proceeds can go to EITC, must be money for nothing seeming as you know all this about our city rivals.The reds fans I know where amazed he went there in the first place so chances of him being sacked next season are zero - which I know you know but reputations need to be kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back