Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Klopps gone at the end of the season some decent managers would fancy that job with the squad they have assembled and those yank owners finally loosening the purse strings.

That team now should be winning things no doubt about it,i don't see many weakenesses and that squad must have a average age of 24-25,if Klopp doesn't win things the fear is they get a manager who gets them over that final hurdle.

Managers have massive ego's and they would be quite a queue of top managers in Europe who'd want to go to a team that's been lavishly built and on the cusp and be the man to finally end their almost 3 decades title drought.

So what would we rather have,Klopp being there for the next five years being a big draw for players and building and finally getting over that hurdle or a new manager coming in and having a quick impact like Conte Wenger Pep and Mourinho have done/did for their respected clubs.

Stick or twist.

The fact is that the squad isn't as good you chaps think it is. 25 points away from the league winners and 6 points behind a stuttering, injury hit United. Lost Coutinho and Can, Salah and Firmino;s xg was 15 below what they scored last season, take those goals away and it's a struggle to see them qualify for top 6.

Fabinho, as we agreed yesterday, is coming from a league that is renowned for producing modern day Premier League flops and Keita is too pedestrian and lightweight for this league.

They need to be winning the league but they just haven't bought well and are entirely reliant on the Egyptian Clive Allen repeating his unrepeatable season.

Title challenge? Nowhere near I'm afraid.

If Klopps gone at the end of the season some decent managers would fancy that job with the squad they have assembled and those yank owners finally loosening the purse strings.

That team now should be winning things no doubt about it,i don't see many weakenesses and that squad must have a average age of 24-25,if Klopp doesn't win things the fear is they get a manager who gets them over that final hurdle.

Managers have massive ego's and they would be quite a queue of top managers in Europe who'd want to go to a team that's been lavishly built and on the cusp and be the man to finally end their almost 3 decades title drought.

So what would we rather have,Klopp being there for the next five years being a big draw for players and building and finally getting over that hurdle or a new manager coming in and having a quick impact like Conte Wenger Pep and Mourinho have done/did for their respected clubs.

Stick or twist.
There not loosening the purse strings, it's money he gets from selling players and money from a cl run.

Evertonians are the only people in the world talking about Klopp being sacked, or even better; should've already. It's nuts.

That’s because everyone recognised you’re not in the top tier of clubs anymore. Klopp is performing at a level that saw Benitez and Houllier sacked. He’d already have been fired from any top side, the fact he hasntnis because you are no longer one.

The fact is that the squad isn't as good you chaps think it is. 25 points away from the league winners and 6 points behind a stuttering, injury hit United. Lost Coutinho and Can, Salah and Firmino;s xg was 15 below what they scored last season, take those goals away and it's a struggle to see them qualify for top 6.

Fabinho, as we agreed yesterday, is coming from a league that is renowned for producing modern day Premier League flops and Keita is too pedestrian and lightweight for this league.

They need to be winning the league but they just haven't bought well and are entirely reliant on the Egyptian Clive Allen repeating his unrepeatable season.

I think I have genuine man love for you Steve xx

The point was he isn't spending beyond his means, their business model allows them to spend as they do.
Spurs have a similar one
Show me where I’ve said he has. I’ve merely pointed out the fact he has invested heavily in players .. to the tune of half a billion pound ... that now needs to start showing some reward.

That’s because everyone recognised you’re not in the top tier of clubs anymore. Klopp is performing at a level that saw Benitez and Houllier sacked. He’d already have been fired from any top side, the fact he hasntnis because you are no longer one.
How come you are so bothered then? All the reds I know and go the game with are of the opinion that to challenge, we have to improve. We have, we see what he is trying to build and are watching some proper decent footy along the way. Getting to and winning finals takes a big slice of luck along the way which always helps. The owners seem to back his judgement and have provided the funds too.

I didn't agree yesterday.

I see you added modern day to the equation of your argument now,You could list "modern day" flops from any top league in Europe who've come to the EPL,we've had quite a few in the PL era wearing our shirt.

Keita pedestrian,no way!!!,he played in the box to box role for one of the most energy high pressing teams in Europe built by Ralf Rangnick a high pressing advocate,he'll fit like a glove at the RS sadly.

Any chance we can have a thread where RS fans can talk , either pretending to be blues or not , about how boss their signings are and how klopp will attract top class players and prattle on about net spend and gegenpress . Then when can go back to laughing at them and I can continue vent my spleen without reading what a great bunch they are.

At least this lad is an open Red and isn't doing it via stealth

I mean, we should be able to have mature adult conversations with them right?

Again I was probably joking . I like to think I can and like pretty much every scouser I’ve got close family and friends who support that shower, I’ll be having a pint with a couple later . Let’s be honest though There are a couple in this thread chatting about the RS who are clearly RS and aren’t admitting it , as you say the other fella is at least open about who he is and that at least marks him above them.

My only point was I suppose that the thread isn’t laughing at them any more it’s , mostly , a reasoned discussion or people telling how good Keita is and that pre-season friendly earnings should be factored into klopps net spend . That’s fine and I’m sure most of us can accept that as a discussion but how much taking the P out of them is there in here now ?

I suppose that was the only point I was jokingly making .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back