Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There not loosening the purse strings, it's money he gets from selling players and money from a cl run.

Well those yank owners are not doing a Ashley at the Geordies,so they are loosening something because they are not banking that money and are giving Klopp every penny to strengthen.

Forbes recently valued that club at nearly $2 billion,Those owners seem to have gone from a growing an asset mode to spending to win mode and growing their asset that way now.

They have hit the 400-500 million pound mark for turnover,they are in that tier of club now to spend big on wages and fees and can go toe to toe with the manc clubs and chelsea and Europe's top clubs for players,Spurs will be in that tier of club in 12-24 months once they are settled in the new stadium and being a london club will see their growth quicker.

The growing financial gap from the new top 6 to the rest of the league is quite worrying as a Blue.

How come you are so bothered then? All the reds I know and go the game with are of the opinion that to challenge, we have to improve. We have, we see what he is trying to build and are watching some proper decent footy along the way. Getting to and winning finals takes a big slice of luck along the way which always helps. The owners seem to back his judgement and have provided the funds too.

‘How come you are so bothered’ says the Liverpool fan on an Everton forum. Your fans seem to get annoyed when people point out the truth that is when you look through the ridiculous media overexaggeration there is no evidence anywhere to suggest Klopp belongs with the managers who are/were in the top 6. Yes you’re improving and maybe your owners are happy to continue coming 4th and being trophyless or maybe one day they’ll be fed up of it and fire him. Who knows. You can not deny though that 8th 4th 4th and zero trophies sees you fired at any of the big 3.

Again I was probably joking . Let’s be honest though There are a couple in this thread chatting about the RS who are clearly RS and aren’t admitting it

Yeah, and I disagree with them for that but, at the same time, the way we react to up front Red's isn't going to actively encourage under cover one's to come out into the open is it?

I also have mates who support Liverpool. I work with people who support Liverpool. I detest Liverpool FC but I also have to separate the individual people from that detestation so I can be civil and friendly to them. I'm going to christening in a couple of weeks where the parents are Kopites and the sprog will be as well, but I love the family dearly and the only consolation I ever get from Liverpool winning is that I know they will at least be happy about it and they won't be arsey to me about it either

Some Kopites are utter bulbs, but then again so are quite a few of our lot as well

I just get sick of it sometimes because we always seem to need to be "on message" when it comes to LFC (I.e. everything they do is rubbish and all their signings will fail etc) when the truth is they are a very good side and us talking them down only makes us look silly

You can accept that a team and a coach are good whilst also still not liking them, you know?

I think Klopp is a gurning gimp, but he's also a good coach in my eyes and he's a better coach than any we've had since Royle

Salah, Mane and Van Dijk are class players that I'd be delighted to have at Everton. Doesn't mean I like them or want them to succeed at Liverpool, but sometimes you have to call a shovel a shovel

‘How come you are so bothered’ says the Liverpool fan on an Everton forum. Your fans seem to get annoyed when people point out the truth that is when you look through the ridiculous media overexaggeration there is no evidence anywhere to suggest Klopp belongs with the managers who are/were in the top 6. Yes you’re improving and maybe your owners are happy to continue coming 4th and being trophyless or maybe one day they’ll be fed up of it and fire him. Who knows. You can not deny though that 8th 4th 4th and zero trophies sees you fired at any of the big 3.
It might without context.

Add in 3 cup finals, and taking over a team that was utter rubbish in the pr buoys managers last season, and massively improved football, massively improved feeling of optimism, and an arrow pointing upwards, and it doesn’t.

Although it pains me to say it I remember when they didn’t even bother celebrating league cups now reaching finals they treat like the second coming , never had the phrase ‘how the mighty have fallen’ seemed more appropriate.

Listen if they can cross their fingers and pray to Satan you never know they might just get another penalty shoot out and win something else against the run of play .

Yeah, and I disagree with them for that but, at the same time, the way we react to up front Red's isn't going to actively encourage under cover one's to come out into the open is it?

I also have mates who support Liverpool. I work with people who support Liverpool. I detest Liverpool FC but I also have to separate the individual people from that detestation and be civil and friendly to them

Some Kopites are utter bulbs, but then again so are quite a few of our lot as well

I just get sick of it sometimes because we always seem to need to be "on message" when it comes to LFC (I.e. everything they do is rubbish and all their signings will fail etc) when the truth is they are a very good side and us talking them down only makes us look silly

You can accept that a team and a coach are good whilst also still not liking them, you know?

I think Klopp is a gurning gimp, but he's also a good coach in my eyes and he's a better coach than any we've had since Royle

Salah, Mane and Van Dijk are class players that I'd be delighted to have at Everton. Doesn't mean I like them or want them to succeed at Liverpool, but sometimes you have to call a shovel a shovel
It's the build up of bile that I have a problem with.

You would get good odds on Klopp being sacked, Dave.
if (as expected) they come up empty handed again that'll be 4 seasons of failure to gain silverware. Even if they landed a domestic cup it wouldn't be enough...and that is an outside bet for them.

He's failed so far at Liverpool. Fail again this season and he'll be out of that job.

if (as expected) they come up empty handed again that'll be 4 seasons of failure to gain silverware. Even if they landed a domestic cup it wouldn't be enough...and that is an outside bet for them.

He's failed so far at Liverpool. Fail again this season and he'll be out of that job.
Like I say you would get good odds mate.

Another blue who took a forum break after the 26th May.

Very odd how so many of us disappeared after that date. What happened?
It's very sad and predictable.

I spoke the truth about their season prospects and it isn't tolerated.

Poor old Rob. Humilated by Madrid, Saha underlining at the WC that he's a flash in the pan and now they've signed bang average players for mega money.

I'd be upset too tbf.

I also have mates who support Liverpool. I work with people who support Liverpool. I detest Liverpool FC but I also have to separate the individual people from that detestation and be civil and friendly to them

Mate I’ll happily discuss football with anybody , I love the game . I’d watch anyone play even them , although I’ll usually switch over if they’re winning comfortably. I happily said when I thought Henderson was performing to a decent for England . They’ve had lots of great players but unfortunately, certainly on the Internet , their fans make it hard to love them and when I don’t not know the RS involved it’s hard to not identify them with life experiences.

Like I say I’m happy to discuss Footy but my point , perhaps made badly, was the blue-centric finger pointing amusing self congratulatory nature of this thread has been lost a little . Certainly last season as I sat week after week watching turgid Everton football and them apparently March to European success whilst salah scored 178 goals carried on the wings on media obsession this thread felt like a little sanctuary.

It might without context.

Add in 3 cup finals, and taking over a team that was utter rubbish in the pr buoys managers last season, and massively improved football, massively improved feeling of optimism, and an arrow pointing upwards, and it doesn’t.

Always find it funny how the 2 finals from Klopp’s first season count (even though Rodgers started off in both tournaments) yet whenever the 8th place league finish is mentioned it’s always brushed off as he’s only had 2 full seasons.

Quite frankly he should have won both those finals with the Home leg against Dortmund really the only decent opposition on either run. His style of football gets found out though in finals without the Anfield factor.

@davek is right, you may worship him now but another empty handed season and your mob will be on him.

Always find it funny how the 2 finals from Klopp’s first season count (even though Rodgers started off in both tournaments) yet whenever the 8th place league finish is mentioned it’s always brushed off as he’s only had 2 full seasons.

Quite frankly he should have won both those finals with the Home leg against Dortmund really the only decent opposition on either run. His style of football gets found out though in finals without the Anfield factor.

@davek is right, you may worship him now but another empty handed season and your mob will be on him.

I don't think they will

I think his media hacks will spin a yarn that it's the people above Klopp causing the problems and the fan base will believe them

Klopp is as close to bullet proof as any manager in world football

There's enough succulent lamb going on with him that we might as well rename him "Jurgen Murray" and be done with it

To say we should’ve won a final against city when we’d been awful the year before and were a patchwork of a team is bit much, isn’t it?

The Sevilla game, I agree, but we shat the bed second half. Proof that we needed to improve the team, and in key areas, and part of the context of what helps make klopps record better in our view than the simple 8,4,4 you quoted.

I didn't agree yesterday.

I see you added modern day to the equation of your argument now,You could list "modern day" flops from any top league in Europe who've come to the EPL,we've had quite a few in the PL era wearing our shirt.

Keita pedestrian,no way!!!,he played in the box to box role for one of the most energy high pressing teams in Europe built by Ralf Rangnick a high pressing advocate,he'll fit like a glove at the RS sadly.

I watched him last season, if he was any good I'd admit it (like it did with Coutinho and Can) but fact is this dude just aint that great. Shame, considering how much they spent on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back