Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently got made redundant so have a spare few quid - care for a bet ? The proceeds can go to EITC, must be money for nothing seeming as you know all this about our city rivals.The reds fans I know where amazed he went there in the first place so chances of him being sacked next season are zero - which I know you know but reputations need to be kept.

Another blue who took a forum break after the 26th May.

Very odd how so many of us disappeared after that date. What happened?

They'll finish 4th.

A complete waste of money on players who aren't all that.

Almost £70M on a goalie. Unreal. He's about as good as Jordan Pickford, who I have reservations about too.

If anyone watched Leipzig last season they'll know how limited Keita is. He'll be swamped in that position in the PL.

Shaqiri plays for himself. Ok for a mid-table team to win them a game on his own now and then, completely uselss as a component part in any team looking to win a title.

Fabinho: very much in the speculative punt category for me. He's going to have to shoulder some work to provide them with a solid base.

They've ballsed this window up.
I do hope so

Dean Saunders on Talksport before; Liverpool are going to win the league, they've got the fastest team in the world, they've got 14 strikers, the most expensive goalkeeper, Keita is going to be the best midfielder in the league as he was world class yesterday (against Blackburn), Klopp has spent better than anyone and I firmly believe that we'll win the title maybe Jurgen may need another defender but we're up there.

On other news, a Scottish fan who called to say on Rooney going from Aberdeen to Salford for more wages, that Football north of the boarder is finished Saunders replied 2-3 grand a week that he was getting is "nothing, absolutely nothing", and football is definitely not finished as "the whole of the Scotland, not just football is on a massive uplift as Steven Gerrard has moved to Rangers and everyone can't wait"

Never have I been so glad that a player once turned us down. I would hate for that dimwit monotonic unfunny turd to be associated with the Blues, another moron who makes a living through his ties with the cult...

It doesn’t matter about balancing the books...that’s purely for the number crunchers. The undeniable fact is he has passed over half a billion pounds in fees to other clubs to acquire the players he wants. Now he has to deliver. There’s only so many runners up and close finishes that will be accepted.

Whilst Klopp has been at Liverpool, Mourinho Guardiola Conte and Wenger have all won 2 trophies each. Klopp has zero. Pochettino has had 2 significant title challenges in that period. Klopp has had zero. The pressure is on him now. He has spent an eye watering amount regardless of what mental gymnastics the net spend brigade want to attempt. He has been backed to bring in the most expensive defender and goal keeper in history. If he finishes without the premier league or CL trophy this season he’s out and rightfully so. At any of the real big 3 sides (United Chelsea City) he’d have been fired by now for his Liverpool record.

Decent bit of business on Danny Ward even if I feel he should have been kept ahead of the other 2 keepers ( never good enough). £12.5 million plus a 20% sell on clause. £59.6 plus add ons for Allisson. A lot of Dunkin Donuts dough there.

Decent bit of business on Danny Ward even if I feel he should have been kept ahead of the other 2 keepers ( never good enough). £12.5 million plus a 20% sell on clause. £59.6 plus add ons for Allisson. A lot of Dunkin Donuts dough there.

What are the add ons for Alison? Realistic appearances, top 4 trophies etc? Or pie-in-the-sky bonuses for winning the league etc?

Whilst Klopp has been at Liverpool, Mourinho Guardiola Conte and Wenger have all won 2 trophies each. Klopp has zero. Pochettino has had 2 significant title challenges in that period. Klopp has had zero. The pressure is on him now. He has spent an eye watering amount regardless of what mental gymnastics the net spend brigade want to attempt. He has been backed to bring in the most expensive defender and goal keeper in history. If he finishes without the premier league or CL trophy this season he’s out and rightfully so. At any of the real big 3 sides (United Chelsea City) he’d have been fired by now for his Liverpool record.

Evertonians are the only people in the world talking about Klopp being sacked, or even better; should've already. It's nuts.

It doesn’t matter about balancing the books...that’s purely for the number crunchers. The undeniable fact is he has passed over half a billion pounds in fees to other clubs to acquire the players he wants. Now he has to deliver. There’s only so many runners up and close finishes that will be accepted.
The point was he isn't spending beyond his means, their business model allows them to spend as they do.
Spurs have a similar one

If Klopps gone at the end of the season some decent managers would fancy that job with the squad they have assembled and those yank owners finally loosening the purse strings.

That team now should be winning things no doubt about it,i don't see many weakenesses and that squad must have a average age of 24-25,if Klopp doesn't win things the fear is they get a manager who gets them over that final hurdle.

Managers have massive ego's and they would be quite a queue of top managers in Europe who'd want to go to a team that's been lavishly built and on the cusp and be the man to finally end their almost 3 decades title drought.

So what would we rather have,Klopp being there for the next five years being a big draw for players and building and finally getting over that hurdle or a new manager coming in and having a quick impact like Conte Wenger Pep and Mourinho have done/did for their respected clubs.

Stick or twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back