Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I accept we haven’t got one over the line , More talking about the Richarlison fee and the value presented by keita ahd Fabinho in comparison. good scouting is what we need to learn apparently.

The players might be a success if they might not , just seems early to be lauding them as the template. Especially when you’re talking about your overpaying, given the record fees involved .

yeah i know, was more a dig at them. They were exactly the same a few years ago. I mean the rest of the premier league still kaughs about the £35m for carroll.

Saw this shared on twitter - from a few years back.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive---580-million-reasons-7922473

“Our research tells us we’ve got 580 million fans globally,” has to be one of the most ludicrous statements from a club that I've ever seen.

Essentially 1 in every 12 people in the world are Liverpool fans is what they are saying.. considering that football has an estimated global following of 4 billion people this drops to ~ 1 in 7 football fans support Liverpool. Some statement from their chief commercial officer...

It was a retort to the guy who suggested I was a school lad. It baffles me that you'd be so offended by something so inoffensive.

Your post was referencing a stereotype of people from the city that the team you support are from (is that famous scouse wit). Bet you believe all scousers are bin dipping, car stealing junkies as well don't you.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive---580-million-reasons-7922473

“Our research tells us we’ve got 580 million fans globally,” has to be one of the most ludicrous statements from a club that I've ever seen.

Essentially 1 in every 12 people in the world are Liverpool fans is what they are saying.. considering that football has an estimated global following of 4 billion people this drops to ~ 1 in 7 football fans support Liverpool. Some statement from their chief commercial officer...

The world-wide RS fraternity is a beautiful thing.
index.webp

They need a bigger stand. Turf out more people from their homes and get building it higher and get some sherpas to take people to the top.

Your post was referencing a stereotype of people from the city that the team you support are from (is that famous scouse wit). Bet you believe all scousers are bin dipping, car stealing junkies as well don't you.
The faux-offence on here is becoming RAWK-like. "Don't ever suggest that scousers have wit, as that's a sterotype, la."

The faux-offence on here is becoming RAWK-like. "Don't ever suggest that scousers have wit, as that's a sterotype, la."

Why bother even saying it though you muppet? You are on a forum made up mostly of people from Liverpool, the team that you supposedly support is from Liverpool and you make clever remarks about 'scouse wit'.

Why bother even saying it though you muppet? You are on a forum made up mostly of people from Liverpool, the team that you supposedly support is from Liverpool and you make clever remarks about 'scouse wit'.
I answered a guy who tried to patronise me calling me schoolkid, by implying that he was lacking the stereotypical "scouse wit". And it's a positive stereotype, you muppet.

Listening to Radio 5 last night and apparently Liverpool this summer are the club that others should emulate in relation to their transfer practices , they way they’ve done their business rather than simply overpaying like Everton to Watford . Glad to be imformedthey haven’t paid any inflated prices .

Which was obviously a nice listen and completely unbiased , good to hear the Liverpool lads have hit the ground running as a complete success and tore up the league already .

They’ve essentially swapped Can for Fabinho and Coutinho for Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain’s injury being covered by Shaqiri. Are any of these upgrades? It’s amazing how you can spin your transfer business when you sell players in one window and buy them in another.

In my eyes they’ve upgraded their keeper at a world record cost. I can’t see the upgrade in midfield though when Coutinho is starting for Barcelona and Brazil and Can is playing for Juventus.

I mean when you put Fabinho Keita Henderson against the other top 6 midfields does it really scream ‘title winners’

Fernandinho Silva De Bruyne
Matic Fred Pogba
Kante Jorginho Fabregas
Dembele Alli Eriksen
Torreira Ramsey Ozil

I’m not sure I’d have Liverpool’s midfield over any of those 5.....

Getting rid of Grujic are they? I remember he was going to be the next big thing and that Chelsea and others were after him.

I answered a guy who tried to patronise me calling me schoolkid, by implying that he was lacking the stereotypical "scouse wit". And it's a positive stereotype, you muppet.

Who says it's positive? You're obviously not from the city so who are you to make the assumption that all scousers love being seen as chirpy Tarby types?

Who says it's positive? You're obviously not from the city so who are you to make the assumption that all scousers love being seen as chirpy Tarby types?
Being renowned for having a sense of humour does not mean being viewed as a "chirpy Tarby type". Who are you to put words in my mouth?

Being renowned for having a sense of humour does not mean being viewed as a "chirpy Tarby type". Who are you to put words in my mouth?

But you are stereotyping people - you can see that can't you?? You've come on an Everton forum and mocked the fact that scousers are seen as witty. All very strange considering you supposedly support a team from this very city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back