Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho's teams will always do well on xg, he is very organised and sides take chances at key moments. I sense Klopp's teams will always slightly underperform it (as do Peps, you should see his for the first season). They also have De Gea, who is nothing short of a miracle worker at times. I saw him at Goodison one year, we were the better team, but had Howard in goal and somehow lost 3-0. Another game we battered them at OT, he saved a penalty, made about 3 other top saves (including one of the best saves I've ever seen off Oviedo). Again they won 2-1.

My belief on Manchester United is they go one way or the other this season. Mourinho tends to get to a moment where it all implodes and I think that probably comes for Manchester United too. It was normally the 4th season but increasingly it has been the 3rd. Could go either way. That being said, if Pogba and Lukaku kick on and he gets a tune out of Sanchez they are a very dangerous team.

All joking aside I see you as third currently (depending on Manchester United). City have built a fantastic core of young players and Mahrez is a fantastic signing for me (i'm surprised you didn't get him after Coutinho left). You don't see them doing much worse this season and Laporte/Stones could really kick on.

As I've indicated the worry I have with Klopp is post Buvac and post World Cup is a big grey area for me.

Stop replying to him.

ExpG - whats that ya blimp, are you Lawro in disguise, stop blabbering Kopite jibber jabber, your not on RAWK now with your alternative reality table with "Andy from Allerton" bumming Norwegians left right and center as you "In Some Ways Welcome Home" every sweaty arse biff you sign to your final jigsaw piece....

""If i'm being so wacky, who do the bookies have down as second favourites this season? ""

Cos every saddo nut job who supports your dickless energy sapping enuch sweaty mam-nipple-suckling lifestyle have got nothing better to do than spend your dough on red bin bag shirts, shin pads with dead pigeons on and bets that "its your year", there's enough of you pissypants out there with your pocket money to shift the odds in your favour, I believe thats why they call you "marks" in the human world....

But hey what do I know, the king kopshoite these days is your lord and master John Bishop, you'se all aspire to be like the scousiest scouser of all time who's never managed to live in the Liverpool area, (Runcorn for 3 years when he was 4, the posh bit???) but sports an accent like he was spawned out of trampy aldo's anal cavity after he was bummed by Tarby and Boardy, Wacky.... go ed lad..........................................................................................................

That is something else. So Liverpool fans have knocked the price down to such an extent that they're influencing the market? Yes that is possible in small margins but in no way can a fanbase hold such an influence.

You do know when the prices opened at the end of last season, we opened as 2nd favourites, This was way before we signed who we have,

The bookies clearly use performance models or whatever else to determine the price, and could see how we should be 2nd faves. Of course the bookies can get it wrong at times and it's up to us to do the talking on the pitch.

Funny thing is it's not just the bookies or us wacky deluded reds. Neutrals all around the land have us best set as City's likely challengers.

I mean is the human race in general a bit deluded and biased towards us then?

Mourinho's teams will always do well on xg, he is very organised and sides take chances at key moments. I sense Klopp's teams will always slightly underperform it (as do Peps, you should see his for the first season). They also have De Gea, who is nothing short of a miracle worker at times. I saw him at Goodison one year, we were the better team, but had Howard in goal and somehow lost 3-0. Another game we battered them at OT, he saved a penalty, made about 3 other top saves (including one of the best saves I've ever seen off Oviedo). Again they won 2-1.

My belief on Manchester United is they go one way or the other this season. Mourinho tends to get to a moment where it all implodes and I think that probably comes for Manchester United too. It was normally the 4th season but increasingly it has been the 3rd. Could go either way. That being said, if Pogba and Lukaku kick on and he gets a tune out of Sanchez they are a very dangerous team.

All joking aside I see you as third currently (depending on Manchester United). City have built a fantastic core of young players and Mahrez is a fantastic signing for me (i'm surprised you didn't get him after Coutinho left). You don't see them doing much worse this season and Laporte/Stones could really kick on.

As I've indicated the worry I have with Klopp is post Buvac and post World Cup is a big grey area for me.

You might have a point there with Mourinho but the fact is, his teams have a propensity to explode at this point in his tenure, and that point has now arrived with them. All the indicators are there with his behaviour this pre-season. Really is bringing back memories of his end days at Madrid and Chelsea. De Gea is incredible but he's not pulling off another season like that again.

Buvac leaving is not an issue. His influence was quite a bit overstated. Ljinders is a quality coach and will pick up his workload. By all accounts he has a great football mind too. Not sure how exactly the World Cup will impact us. Out of the top 6, we were one of the sides better off with the amount of players we had there. Mane and Salah were there for a week or so. Both hardly broke a sweat. Firmino hardly got much in minutes. That's our front three with practically no workload. Lovren and Henderson were there for quite a while. Henderson being fatigued is not an issue considering Fabinho will be replacing him anyway.

I’ve noticed that Liverpool fans seem to try and put us in some sort of mix for possible relegation. Commenting on our new signing’s Twitter, tweeting along the lines of: ‘enjoy battling relegation’.

We finished 8th last season and 7th the season before that. In the 4 seasons prior to that we were in the Top 6 for two of them.

We havent been in a relegation battle since 03/04.

Weird creatures.

Where did Manure finish last season? How many points did they get? How many honours has he won while managing the club? Compare that with Herr Klop...

Using your logic, if he's done as an elite manage then I'm not sure what that says about your own manager. Hmm?

Particularly when United had Carlton Pogba, the worst Centre Backs the world has ever known, the headless chicken Rashford, the abysmal Lindgard...all those awful players, a finished manager and still finish ahead of the Greatest Coach In The World who's in charge of the best front 3 in world football, the most expensive defender in world football etc.

Not to play the ref, but I think we should call time on "friendly" reds coming on to "debate" or engage in friendly "banter", exclusively when they're doing well.

Would it be possible to introduce a perma-ban on sight policy for "friendly, level-headed" reds? It's not like the mods haven't given them fair opportunity.

Just an idea.
Agreed. Fans of Spurs or Sunderland behave themselves. Kopites always show their true colours eventually.

I don't get it. I have no interesting in joining or even reading what they say about us on RAWK.

ExpG - whats that ya blimp, are you Lawro in disguise, stop blabbering Kopite jibber jabber, your not on RAWK now with your alternative reality table with "Andy from Allerton" bumming Norwegians left right and center as you "In Some Ways Welcome Home" every sweaty arse biff you sign to your final jigsaw piece....

""If i'm being so wacky, who do the bookies have down as second favourites this season? ""

Cos every saddo nut job who supports your dickless energy sapping enuch sweaty mam-nipple-suckling lifestyle have got nothing better to do than spend your dough on red bin bag shirts, shin pads with dead pigeons on and bets that "its your year", there's enough of you pissypants out there with your pocket money to shift the odds in your favour, I believe thats why they call you "marks" in the human world....

But hey what do I know, the king kopshoite these days is your lord and master John Bishop, you'se all aspire to be like the scousiest scouser of all time who's never managed to live in the Liverpool area, (Runcorn for 3 years when he was 4, the posh bit???) but sports an accent like he was spawned out of trampy aldo's anal cavity after he was bummed by Tarby and Boardy, Wacky.... go ed lad..........................................................................................................
If a "RS Koppite" posted in a similar manner, would it be classed by all & sundry as a "meltdown"....

I’ve noticed that Liverpool fans seem to try and put us in some sort of mix for possible relegation. Commenting on our new signing’s Twitter, tweeting along the lines of: ‘enjoy battling relegation’.

We finished 8th last season and 7th the season before that. In the 4 seasons prior to that we were in the Top 6 for two of them.

We havent been in a relegation battle since 03/04.

Weird creatures.

We’ve battled relegation in the same way they’ve challenged for the title ie hardly ever recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back