Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. I imagine people think this type of thing is sad on RAWK, let alone here.

Found it on RAWK. You have to understand when the scouting network operates in this way, then it's quite normal for the fanbase to take an interest in this methodology.

If other clubs in this league adopted this approach, maybe they'll be as successful as we have been in the transfer market and in building the elite team that we possess now.

Not sure how you can mock this sort of analysis to judge a player. Of course your eye for a player comes first, but stats hold a big say in this current time and it will continue to grow as time goes on.

I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Clearances (inc. punches)
Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

Alisson operates in a totally different planet to Karius.

@RickyRyder has found a new home.

I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

BLAH BLAH BLAH
You are one boring tedious turd,we dont care about graphs xG or any other verbal diarrhoea that you spout, you cheese covered helmet

Think it's time for a "Kopite Cull" and I don't mind being banned with this one as collateral damage, as long as he goes...

Not sure what i've said that is out of turn in that post.

Bit bemused at the 'banning' calls when i've been respectful and tried to engage in some good football chat.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

Make a great banner that,go and rob ya mas bed sheet,get the crayolas out and it might stop you posting drivel on here

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

giphy.gif

Found it on RAWK. You have to understand when the scouting network operates in this way, then it's quite normal for the fanbase to take an interest in this methodology.

If other clubs in this league adopted this approach, maybe they'll be as successful as we have been in the transfer market and in building the elite team that we possess now.

Not sure how you can mock this sort of analysis to judge a player. Of course your eye for a player comes first, but stats hold a big say in this current time and it will continue to grow as time goes on.
A. Of course you did!
B. I expect they already do.
C. Quite easily

I honestly like xG but it does have the problem of typically being wrong. As in almost no team ever ends up on the mark of what it says. So I'm not sure if it is actually useful and if you work hard enough you can always draw the conclusion you want

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

I think that I'll judge VVD on his last competitive game when he was taken to the cleaners by Madrid.

If it was that easy mate we'd all be footy coaches.
And your elite? team hasn't won a championship for a generation.
Before you mention European cups even your own would admit the league title is the ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back