Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of our own were calling a strong CL run last summer. They were far from deluded and ended up correct - we reached the CL final.

We'll challenge again for one of the two major trophies, if not both. We challenged for one last season, and expect to do so again this season. Some Liverpool fans are at their loudest right now but it's not like there is no substance behind it, considering we reached the final of the biggest club competition on the planet. If we were shouting out about the teams quality without any evidence of it's talent, then fair enough but that is anything but.

As for the bookies having us as 2nd faves, they opened us as 2nd faves two weeks before last season was to end. Quite a long way from when we made the signings we did. We've genuinely had absolutely no influence on the market and it's plain crazy to suggest so.

There are many neutrals who adore us. During our CL run, i visited many European club forums. They all respect us greatly and were rooting for us through the whole route. The likes of Inter, Milan, Real Madrid and others. The combination of our support, atmosphere, playing style and Klopp has enamoured most neutrals all around Europe. A bit like Dortmund a few years back, everyone has taken to us all over Europe.
Any of those neutrals happen to be Bulgarian waiters?

I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Clearances (inc. punches)
Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

Alisson operates in a totally different planet to Karius.
Ha ha ha keep this coming it's great.
Do you do after dinner gigs of a weekend.

Many of our own were calling a strong CL run last summer. They were far from deluded and ended up correct - we reached the CL final.

We'll challenge again for one of the two major trophies, if not both. We challenged for one last season, and expect to do so again this season. Some Liverpool fans are at their loudest right now but it's not like there is no substance behind it, considering we reached the final of the biggest club competition on the planet. If we were shouting out about the teams quality without any evidence of it's talent, then fair enough but that is anything but.

As for the bookies having us as 2nd faves, they opened us as 2nd faves two weeks before last season was to end. Quite a long way from when we made the signings we did. We've genuinely had absolutely no influence on the market and it's plain crazy to suggest so.

There are many neutrals who adore us. During our CL run, i visited many European club forums. They all respect us greatly and were rooting for us through the whole route. The likes of Inter, Milan, Real Madrid and others. The combination of our support, atmosphere, playing style and Klopp has enamoured most neutrals all around Europe. A bit like Dortmund a few years back, everyone has taken to us all over Europe.

The delusion is strong in this one

[
I can't agree with that. Alisson is such an upgrade on Karius, it's insane. Since VVD came in, we had the best goals conceded rate since January. With Alisson coming in, our solidity at the back should be even greater. I expect us to concede less than 30 league goals and in fact, you're free to quote me later on, we'll concede fewer than Mourinho's lot. Here are some decent stats on what we have brought:

Expected goals (xG) measures the likelihood of a shot ending in a goal based on several variables such as assist type, shot angle and distance from goal.

Based on quality of shots he faced, Alisson should have conceded 8.31 more goals than he did.

He was the leading goalkeeper in the Serie A Expected Goals on Target (xGOT) standings, which shows how many goals a team should have conceded compared to their actual total.

The only Premier League players to fare better than Alisson last season were Manchester United's David De Gea (+13.66) and Nick Pope (+10.26) of Burnley.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

I think it's dreadful the way an employer has treated somebody who was injured whilst at work, resulting in concussion. They have effectively sacked him. Not given any chance to recover and come back to his job before being replaced. Dreadful behaviour.

So now you’re saying that RS fans cannot bet on this year’s winners until the 2017/2018 is finished.

I listened to Fred done some years ago, he said all bookies advertise to Liverpool fans this time of year, they can't get enough of them, he finished by saying Liverpool fans alone always pay for his holidays.

Ha ha ha , I remember that interview, on Talksport I think. The RS were proper fuming over it, then the next week they went and spunked their mam's pensions books, council tax money and the leccy meter back over the counter to Uncle Freds Jolly Holiday Fund, "cos it was gonna be der year yanno...."

They always remind me of Tight-Lipped Larry and his "Sad Ken" scam

That's rubbish, absolute rubbish you lot called a good CL run last summer hahahaha. The only thing that was called was you would get the easier draws all throughout. No tell a lie, few other things were called. Nothing would happen about your fan's criminal behaviour against City. Also you would get drubbed in the final.

I'll grant you this, seeing as you're so desperately wanting patted on the head, you're a massive danger to go close in the league cup. You won't win the final mind; thats not Klopp's style.

xG prevented
Alisson +8.3
Karius -0.6
Mignolet -0.8

Save %
Alisson 79.3
Karius 68.9
Mignolet 57.3

Save % shots in box
Alisson 72.8
Karius 61.8
Mignolet 47.6

Save % shots out box
Alisson 93.0
Karius 90.9
Mignolet 88.2

Accurate sweepings
Alisson 41
Karius 13
Mignolet 9

Alisson 39
Karius 15
Mignolet 13

What if he doesn't continue that form for a brand new team in a brand new league? Also, he could have exactly the same stats this season as the ones you quote and still ship shedloads of goals or make a howler every so often.

Football is a game not an Excel file.

Last edited:

Its been your year for the last 30 or so. Let's see your betting slip e/w for the champs final...? No thought not. Even though you all called it.

One of my legendary posts is getting renewed attention

I was thinking about this as well. MArkovic could be a great player but could possibly be another Brent special.
Last season Howard was better than Mignolet. Given the American's performances at the WC there's no reason to suppose this will change next season.
Back 4 - All Everton. No comment necessary.
Midfield - McCarthy and Barry are both better than either Gerrard or Henderson. Besic and Gibson offer better back up than Lucas and Allen.
Wingers - Sterling is ok i guess but wouldn't snap anyone's hand off if they offered a straight swap with Mirallas. Really like McGeady, think he's very underrated.
Attacking midfielders - Barkely is the best from either squad. Coutinho would make a better reserve than Osman.
Strikers - Lukaku is comfortably the best.
Can't see anyway we finish below them. Better team, better squad, better youngsters, better manager

First claim: Markovic indeed WAS A flop. Correct call.

Second claim: They are al now proclaiming the signing of Allison to be the biggest upgrade of any player in football history. An 'insane' upgrade according to one poster on here. An stonewall correct call.

Third claim: Back 4. Coleman comfortably better than Glenn Johnson. Baines better than Enrique. Jagielka and Distin at that time were better than Sakho and Lovren. Certainly close. Not a bad shout at all.

McCarthy and Barry as a combination were better than Stevie G (who had just lost them league in one of the worst bottling jobs the league has seen, his lack of pace was woefully exposed as well). Hendo was Hendoeque as always. Just an average Joe being average. Hard pressed to say this was the wrong call.

Sterling better than Mirallas was WRONG! That's why Sterling left. lol lol

Barkley was second best attacking midfielder. Coutinho turned out to be awesome. That's why he left. lol lol

Lukaku was definitely the best forward. Lest someone wants to claim Borini, Sturridge or Lambert was better? Nope didn't think so.

We were just incredibly unlucky with injuries that year.

A pretty good post that holds up very well all these years later.

See mate , your problem is not the team but the arrogance of it. This is the team that ended cities unbeaten run, that got to the final, the same rough squad of players that got to 2 other finals , that finished top 4 two years in a row. The issue is not the team because the ability to beat mostly anyone exists. You have a given 3-6 points against us most seasons and always seem to beat the teams at the top.

The issues you have is down to arrogance and fear. The arrogance that leads you to losing against the smaller teams far too often and dropping out of title races. The same team that beat city lost against relegation battlers , there never has been consistency there. That and klopp is a serial bottler, Moyes level of bottler. You did reach the European cup final , league cup final, Europa final and you lost them all. In fact klopp hasn't won a cup final for years, if at all. Getting to a final is meaningless if you can't win it , and klopp failed with even bundesliga winning players . So until Liverpool and klopp can break these issues then you will always come up short and always bemoan a million and one reasons other than the fairly obvious ones.

The bookies may have you second favourites but united are better and have massive scope to get even better. City are miles better than anyone else , Chelsea always have a new manager run and spurs seem to have replaced arsenal as the top 4 qualifiers . Point is, the consistency Liverpool lack is what eventually will catch up to you. Plus you are gambling on far too many factors to be successful. Salah to emulate last season, Allison to actually be worth 60 million, the rest of the defence to play to the same level as dijk, that the likes of mane firminho shaquiri can provide goals regularly again etc.

There is no argument that the team is on paper miles better than it was last season alone, but as Jose said , the amount of money spent has to command a title challenge and trophies or how is klopp any different to Marco Silva? Or pochetino? Or even Alan pardew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back