Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should be worried tbh. I think your business this year was done under the impression you'd shift Ings, Sturridge, Origi, Markovic etc

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/liverpool-set-divock-origi-price-14944134

Yet, worryingly, they're all still here, warming the bench/treatment table for millions of pounds a month and all quite likely to leave on frees. Which raises concerns on the management of the club, it just looks, from an outsider's perspective, like they've taken their eye of the ball. Baseball is very different in the way transfers, trading works and i don't think they've fully grasped that.

Players leaving end of this year:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/vertragsende/verein/31

Milner coming up to the end, no talk of a new contract...he's on his way as well I fear. Shame as he's quite good for you.

Players leaving end of next year:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/vertragsende/verein/31/vertragsendeJahr/2020

Some big names there - Matip, Clyne, Henderson, etc. They've all seen how much you've given the Dutch Maguire and Mohammed Ricketts, don't think their agents will be holding back in their negotiations.

£300m debt, sky rocketing wages, useless players on insane wages....these are very troubling times...tick tock. Hopefully you'll come back up eventually, i'd miss the derbies if we stopped having them for too long.

I'll say it again, never change.

Dutch Maguire and Mohammed Ricketts lol

Standing still comment was aimed at Spurs, but you can aim that at those too. Signing Fred and Dalot is certainly 'standing still'. Mourinho even admitting that yesterday by stating they're the same as last season.

Not even worried about them. Think they'll miss out on top 4 to Spurs and one of Chelsea/Arsenal. They'll be looking for a new manager by the end.

I'll be shocked if they're within 6 points of us. I have us down for 85-90 points and them at around 70-75. Truly expect the gap to be at double digits. They overperformed last season. All the stats revealing how much ahead of their ExpG they were. They won't get lucky again this season. Think they'll finish 6th.
I'm starting to think this is a Blue on the wind-up...

I'm starting to think this is a Blue on the wind-up...

Predicting them to finish outside the top 4 is a wind-up? Predicting us to finish 2nd and hold a double digit lead on them is a wind-up? Are you aware that Mourinho is pretty much done as an elite manager?

Forgetting the season he had with Chelsea in 15/16? It'll happen again this season. Not as dramatic but it's going to be as fun.

I'll be back here in May to discuss those predictions.

If i'm being so wacky, who do the bookies have down as second favourites this season?

Last edited:

Reached a CL final and now strengthened our side by a bit.

Where is the delusion then?
I think it's probably more related to the historic 'its our year' when you'd sign a Sengelese headless chicken, a French/Spanish youth prospect and a £20m flop.

Maybe you should wait to see how your new signings perform in the Premier League and in your team set up rather than assuming you'll replicate and improve on last season.

I honestly think @Steveo is on a wind up. Some of the stuff he says, the knowledge he has about everything RS, finances and players. Stats of players, dissecting every game in minute detail. He must spend quite a large amount of time reading up on them and watching them. Pretty strange behaviour.

Predicting them to finish outside the top 4 is a wind-up? Predicting us to finish 2nd and hold a double digit lead on them is a wind-up? Are you aware that Mourinho is pretty much done as an elite manager?

Forgetting the season he had with Chelsea in 15/16? It'll happen again this season. Not as dramatic but it's going to be as fun.

I'll be back here in May to discuss those predictions.

If i'm being so wacky, who do the bookies have down as second favourites this season?

The one true way to tell a kopite is their fantasy land view of Mourinho. In the last 2 seasons alone he has garnered more trophies than you have in 12 years and finished ahead of you in the league. How on earth is he done as an elite manager?

I’ll predict now that Mourinho will finish ahead of Klopp again and is far more likely to add to his trophy tally than Klopp is to win anything.

One is one of the greatest managers of all time, a natural winner who has done things in the game Klopp can only dream of. The other is a glorified cheerleader who talks a lot about winning stuff but actually doesn’t do any of the winning stuff.

I know Mourinho crushed all your dreams at Anfield with Demba Ba but honestly your claims he’s finished is pathetic.

Anyway it goes beyond stats, one look at Naby and you can see he is a bit special. His ability to beat off an opponent with his quick bursts is going to be a recurring thing this season. Oh and the guy can pick a pass too. Incredible eye and weight of pass on him. Like Sturridge said, he's not seen anyone like him. In his 6 years here, never really heard Sturridge speak in praise of his teammates. Sturridge is that sort i guess, but Keita has obviously impressed him a lot.

Looking forward to seeing the stats on that particular trait.

The one true way to tell a kopite is their fantasy land view of Mourinho. In the last 2 seasons alone he has garnered more trophies than you have in 12 years and finished ahead of you in the league. How on earth is he done as an elite manager?

I’ll predict now that Mourinho will finish ahead of Klopp again and is far more likely to add to his trophy tally than Klopp is to win anything.

One is one of the greatest managers of all time, a natural winner who has done things in the game Klopp can only dream of. The other is a glorified cheerleader who talks a lot about winning stuff but actually doesn’t do any of the winning stuff.

I know Mourinho crushed all your dreams at Anfield with Demba Ba but honestly your claims he’s finished is pathetic.
Obviously you are forgetting that Klopp got his team to the Champions League final last season. Did Mourinho? No. There, that's the proof.

Obviously you are forgetting that Klopp got his team to the Champions League final last season. Did Mourinho? No. There, that's the proof.

Liverpool almost win league in 13/14, Mourinho wins the league 14/15

Liverpool lose 15/16 league cup final, Mourinho wins 16/17 league cup

Liverpool lose 15/16 Europa League Final
Mourinho wins 16/17 Europa League

Liverpool lose 17/18 Champions league......

Lol yep. It's like they can psychologically block out the fact that Mourinho smashes them for fun and spends most of his evenings arranging the ridiculous amounts of trophies he has to fit in his cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back