Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Digne graph is brilliant.lol

I don't get the over hyping of Can on here,turned like a tug boat and his passing was to slow for a team set up for quick transitions,they have got double the player with Keita,his interceptions,dribbling and he can cover more ground with pace running with the ball are all stuff Can could not do well,Keita's far superior to Can in the CM 8 role,Can will thrive playing in a slow less physical league in Italy for the best team by far in Juve.

Fabinho look good that season when Monaco were bossing it in the CL 2 seasons ago,not sure what he was like last season.

Alisson is a massive upgrade on Karius and Mignolet no doubt they were way below par of the other top 6 clubs keepers.,the physicality of the league can take an adjustment for a foreign keeper coming to the PL,balls in the air coming into the box are ten a penny in the PL,DeGea took a season at United until he was accustomed to it,all i know is that Alisson's strengths are shot stopping,reflexes and that he's good with his feet,i'm sure teams will be using diagonal long balls into the box early in the season to see if he is any good commanding his box.

Shaqiri looks to be the option off the bench,the RS poster here thinks he'll be in CM attacking role,i can't see that as he doesn't look to have the work rate to press for the majority of a 90 minute game in that part of the pitch.
To sum that up. You are happy with your club's transfer window.

Don’t see how much he got wrong.
Shaqiri is the definition of a 1 in 4 player
Keita by all reports had a down year and would want to massively pick up his form this year to be worthwhile
Fabinho is a very solid but unspectacular DM/RB will help sure up your defence but won’t be a difference maker
Allison is a very good keeper and a big upgrade on current ones but it’s yet to be seen if he can be a difference maker he isn’t in your De Gea, Courtious, Buffon ect category yet.
VVD is a good CB find him a partner then it might help more

Mane, Firmino, Salah
Keita, Hendo, Fabinho
Roberson, VVD, Lolvren, TAA
Allison

Is your first team very good but let’s compare it to man city using a similar setup

Sane, Aguero, Sterling
Debryne, Fernandinho, Silva
Mendy, Kompany, Laporte, walker
Ederson

At worse it’s a like for like team now let’s compare second teams

Shaqiri, Sturridge, Llanana
Milner, Windalum, Ox
Moreno, Kalvan, Matip, Clyne
Karius
*assuming all are fully fit

Man city

B Silva, Jesus, Mahrez
Gundogen, Delph, Foden
Zilcheski, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo
Bravo

That’s vastly superior to your depth and is a big reason as to why city is much better.

You still haven’t replaced Coutinho big mistake and have nobody on the bench worth there salt outside your big three

Why you comparing us to City? No claim here being made on Liverpool being better than City.

City will win the league this season. Not sure about the season after though. They'll be going for a hat-trick of titles, hunger will certainly be less (only natural), and another side in the league will be putting the finishing touches to their squad. Not to forget Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho will be a year older and on the wane.

That's when you should be worried.

Last edited:
That rs is tedious but at least admits hes rs,unlike a couple of others on here wearing masks Scooby doo would suss right away

Why you comparing us to City? No claim here being made on Liverpool being better than City.

City will win the league this season. Not sure about the season after though. They'll be going for a hat-trick of titles, hunger will certainly be less (only natural), and another side in the league will be putting the finishing touches to their squad. Not to forget Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho will be a year older and on the wane.

That's when you should be worried.
City are the benchmark of the competition and realistically Klopp needs to win some trophies not participation awards. And before you ask I consider every Everton manager since Royle to be a failure due to the lack of silverware

City are the benchmark of the competition and realistically Klopp needs to win some trophies not participation awards. And before you ask I consider every Everton manager since Royle to be a failure due to the lack of silverware

PL isn't the only trophy available.

I expect us to go on another strong CL run. We're made for that competition.

That Digne graph is brilliant.lol

I don't get the over hyping of Can on here,turned like a tug boat and his passing was to slow for a team set up for quick transitions,they have got double the player with Keita,his interceptions,dribbling and he can cover more ground with pace running with the ball are all stuff Can could not do well,Keita's far superior to Can in the CM 8 role,Can will thrive playing in a slow less physical league in Italy for the best team by far in Juve.

Fabinho look good that season when Monaco were bossing it in the CL 2 seasons ago,not sure what he was like last season.

Alisson is a massive upgrade on Karius and Mignolet no doubt they were way below par of the other top 6 clubs keepers.,the physicality of the league can take an adjustment for a foreign keeper coming to the PL,balls in the air coming into the box are ten a penny in the PL,DeGea took a season at United until he was accustomed to it,all i know is that Alisson's strengths are shot stopping,reflexes and that he's good with his feet,i'm sure teams will be using diagonal long balls into the box early in the season to see if he is any good commanding his box.

Shaqiri looks to be the option off the bench,the RS poster here thinks he'll be in CM attacking role,i can't see that as he doesn't look to have the work rate to press for the majority of a 90 minute game in that part of the pitch.
I always read your posts and substitute 'they' and 'RS' for 'we'.

Thanks for coming back to me with some stats. These look somewhat distorted as they are not taken over a whole season. I have some stats here for last season and compared initially Keita to Fred (who went for similar money to United) and then to Gana of 2016/7 who was widely regarded as having a good season for Everton.

Shots (per game): Keita (K)- 1.8 Fred (F) 1.6
Tackles: K-2.5 F-2.9
Clearances: K 0.7- F-0.6
Dribbles: K-2.5 F 2.9
Passes- K 44.3 F 56.8
Pass completion: K 81.8% F 85.9%
Blocks: K 0.1 F 0.4

Keita V Gana (G)

Pass completion: G: 86.3 K 81.8
Tackles: G 4.1 K 2.9
Intercepts: G 2.5 K 1.3
Clearances: G 1.2 K 0.6
Blocks: G 0.3 K 0.1
Shots per game: G 0.8 K 1.6
Dribbles per game: G 0.8 K 2.5
Loses ball per game: G 1.1 K 2.1
Passes per game: G 57.1 K 44

So you will have to forgive me in joining in the analysis that Keita is some 1 of a kind player out there. Anyone who has watched him will not substantiate that claim and put simply the statistics don't substantiate that. I have picked out 2 different players, both of them have stats in and around the same ball park as Keita. In Gana's case he is much better defensively and better on the ball, while Keita is more incisive. While Fred looks a superior player in terms of tackling, breaking up play, transitioning with the ball and how comfortable he is in possession.

None of this will be given a fair hearing within the Kopite media, however you'd have to be quite delusional to suggest that the evidence to date would point at Keita being a player that is substantially better than what we have in the league.

We've not won anything. We finished with 75 points last season and have merely just improved on our weaknesses. Like any ambitious club should strive to do.

Whilst others in the same position seem to be standing still. And once this set of players do pass in 1-3 seasons, you have to wonder how they'll find similar quality again under a restrained budget.

I don't think anybody has an issue with teams wanting to get better, what the issue with is the continual falsification that Liverpool fans engage in, the lack of honesty which then informs a ludicrous (and somewhat annoying) "it's our year" shouts and then the lack of any reflection when it comes to the year after. You are in no different position to most years and most years you have been nowhere near the title. 1 year in about 28 you went into the final day of the season, with a minuscule chance of winning the league. It doesn't warrant the cockiness and lack of humility.

You are right to point out you finished on 75 points, which was 1 down on the season before. You finished below 3 teams, I know that is completely written out by Liverpool fans who have in their own heads awarded themselves the 2nd place trophy on the basis of entitlement and dislike of continuing to be in Manchester Uniteds shadows.

I have no idea on what basis they are "standing still" while you are moving on. Manchester United have one of the most successful and best managers in world football. If we are using pre-season as a barometer they just beat Real Madrid, the 3 time winners of the European Cup last night. Manchester City won the league with the 2nd youngest squad in the history of the Premier League. Their players will improve again next season, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Laporte, Stones, Jesus are all some way off their best yet. Beyond Arnold it's hard to put a single Liverpool player below 25 in that category for potential.

Spurs look a bit shaky (generally always do) but as has been said, Arsenal could quite easily leapfrog both yourselves and Spurs next season. They've added well and have two strikers who are far more prolific that the supposedly World class Firmino.

Then you've got your lot, who've spent a lot of money but have a manager who imploded after the last World Cup. If it was a choice between winning the league and a similar implosion I know which one seems more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back