Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Allison but quite honestly, i'm not sure he's that good. Karius boobed in the final but other than that he didn't really let you down. A lot of pressure with that price tag.

Fabinho comes from a very average league.

Shaqiri has one good game in 4.

Keita, has to pick up A LOT from last season because i watched a lot of him last season and he was very mediocre.

VVD just isn't that great. I'm not sure I see what you lot see with him. I think he's struggled quite honestly.

10 point improvement but you're forgetting you're without Coutinho and Can, Milner is a year older, Klavan is your back up CB, fullbacks aren't great, an injury away from Origi and Solanke leading the front line.

No more excuses now either, cranks up the pressure further....honestly think you could finish 6/7th.

Please never change.

That Digne graph is brilliant.lol

I don't get the over hyping of Can on here,turned like a tug boat and his passing was to slow for a team set up for quick transitions,they have got double the player with Keita,his interceptions,dribbling and he can cover more ground with pace running with the ball are all stuff Can could not do well,Keita's far superior to Can in the CM 8 role,Can will thrive playing in a slow less physical league in Italy for the best team by far in Juve.

Fabinho look good that season when Monaco were bossing it in the CL 2 seasons ago,not sure what he was like last season.

Alisson is a massive upgrade on Karius and Mignolet no doubt they were way below par of the other top 6 clubs keepers.,the physicality of the league can take an adjustment for a foreign keeper coming to the PL,balls in the air coming into the box are ten a penny in the PL,DeGea took a season at United until he was accustomed to it,all i know is that Alisson's strengths are shot stopping,reflexes and that he's good with his feet,i'm sure teams will be using diagonal long balls into the box early in the season to see if he is any good commanding his box.

Shaqiri looks to be the option off the bench,the RS poster here thinks he'll be in CM attacking role,i can't see that as he doesn't look to have the work rate to press for the majority of a 90 minute game in that part of the pitch.

Catch up Spurs? We were a measly 2 points behind them and now have addressed our weak links in Alisson for Karius, Fabinho for Henderson and Keita for Milner. Add in Van Dijk for an extra 19 games.
But you were behind them, which means you have to catch them up before you can catch either of the Manc teams. Just because Spurs haven’t signed anyone yet doesn’t mean they are going to be weaker. They don’t have to bed any new players in, their young players are better now than they were a year ago and their home games are back at whl instead of Wembley. All of those things could be worth an extra 10-12 points for them. Are you confident your team will gain an extra 13-15 points this season to overtake them?

Please never change.
Don’t see how much he got wrong.
Shaqiri is the definition of a 1 in 4 player
Keita by all reports had a down year and would want to massively pick up his form this year to be worthwhile
Fabinho is a very solid but unspectacular DM/RB will help sure up your defence but won’t be a difference maker
Allison is a very good keeper and a big upgrade on current ones but it’s yet to be seen if he can be a difference maker he isn’t in your De Gea, Courtious, Buffon ect category yet.
VVD is a good CB find him a partner then it might help more

Mane, Firmino, Salah
Keita, Hendo, Fabinho
Roberson, VVD, Lolvren, TAA
Allison

Is your first team very good but let’s compare it to man city using a similar setup

Sane, Aguero, Sterling
Debryne, Fernandinho, Silva
Mendy, Kompany, Laporte, walker
Ederson

At worse it’s a like for like team now let’s compare second teams

Shaqiri, Sturridge, Llanana
Milner, Windalum, Ox
Moreno, Kalvan, Matip, Clyne
Karius
*assuming all are fully fit

Man city

B Silva, Jesus, Mahrez
Gundogen, Delph, Foden
Zilcheski, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo
Bravo

That’s vastly superior to your depth and is a big reason as to why city is much better.

You still haven’t replaced Coutinho big mistake and have nobody on the bench worth there salt outside your big three

That Digne graph is brilliant.lol

I don't get the over hyping of Can on here,turned like a tug boat and his passing was to slow for a team set up for quick transitions,they have got double the player with Keita,his interceptions,dribbling and he can cover more ground with pace running with the ball are all stuff Can could not do well,Keita's far superior to Can in the CM 8 role,Can will thrive playing in a slow less physical league in Italy for the best team by far in Juve.

Fabinho look good that season when Monaco were bossing it in the CL 2 seasons ago,not sure what he was like last season.

Alisson is a massive upgrade on Karius and Mignolet no doubt they were way below par of the other top 6 clubs keepers.,the physicality of the league can take an adjustment for a foreign keeper coming to the PL,balls in the air coming into the box are ten a penny in the PL,DeGea took a season at United until he was accustomed to it,all i know is that Alisson's strengths are shot stopping,reflexes and that he's good with his feet,i'm sure teams will be using diagonal long balls into the box early in the season to see if he is any good commanding his box.

Shaqiri looks to be the option off the bench,the RS poster here thinks he'll be in CM attacking role,i can't see that as he doesn't look to have the work rate to press for the majority of a 90 minute game in that part of the pitch.

You watch a lot of football. Such detailed knowledge on Keita, Allison and Fabinho despite playing in different leagues for non glamour clubs.

Almost like you’re just making it up.

We have supporters clubs in Norway, lets face it if we want to compete we need a global reach and the income that provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back