Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool won the transfer window woo hoo! Put it in the trophy cabinet with the German gurning championship and eating an apple through a tennis racket award.

We've not won anything. We finished with 75 points last season and have merely just improved on our weaknesses. Like any ambitious club should strive to do.

Whilst others in the same position seem to be standing still. And once this set of players do pass in 1-3 seasons, you have to wonder how they'll find similar quality again under a restrained budget.

Liverpool won the transfer window woo hoo! Put it in the trophy cabinet with the German gurning championship and eating an apple through a tennis racket award.

I'm pretty certain usually they award that trophy next May....

The only one up for grabs at the moment is the - 'Thinking you've won the transfer window' trophy - which incidentally they have won 29 years in succession (btw another record)....

Good debate with rival fans is a bit different to having one with your own.

Hi mate, remember that year you won the league in April, did you sign upto the West Ham and Aston Villa forums to ask why it was they wanted their teams to lose to City so you wouldn't win the league? Just with the media saying how you were everyones favourite second team, it didn't seem to fit in with everything.

What is wrong with these weirdos, apart from the obvious . Oh stats and graphs , this bloke will be amazing just the bestest ever player EVER. You’ll see , you’ll adore him you will YOU WILL .

The signings might do really well they look like decent players , they might not but who goes crazy whilst signing up here telling us how they’re going to be incredible. Well obviously the same fans who celebrate winning the league at Christmas and again a couple of months before the end of the season and then a champions league before they set off to the final then blame cheating for losing. Who convince themselves they’re everybody’s second favourite team when it couldn’t be further from the truth.

Strange strange pathetic people .

Shaqiri will likely be playing a lot as our advanced CM. He has all the attributes to be playing that role to a elite standard. A bit like Lallana, personally think both have wasted their early years as wide attackers when both were/are more fit as a '8'. Nice to see Klopp sees it that way with Shaqiri after his cameo vs United. Forget the bicycle kick, his general performance is what you look for in a creative advanced CM. Breaking the lines with his passing and his dribbling ability is of course at a high standard. A bit like Salah last season, Shaqiri is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This new role is going to fit him to a tee.

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

This line-up will make mince meat of the bus-parking sides. For the more sterner tests, we can go to Wijnaldum instead of him.

As for us not holding a CM comparable to our rivals, that will be Keita. I don't think neutrals are aware of what they're in for. This season can't start quick enough, just so everyone can see for themselves. He's something else and as long as he doesn't suffer from injury, the media are going to be fawning all over him this season.

Firmino is also as good as any of those forwards. A world class attacker who proved his worth in the CL.

I don't think we'll win it. We'll run City very close and possibly fall short. Think it'll be a battle between us two - unless Sarri really hits it off with Chelsea.

As long as we're in a title battle, i'll be happy with that. Anything can happen if you're in the mix. For example Aguero could suffer a long lay-off and suddenly their goals dry up, and then who knows what could happen.

We just need to make sure we run them close and i fully expect us to do that. Too much quality in our squad for us not to be in with a chance. We reached 75 points without Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri. Not to forget VVD for half a season. There is at least a 10 point improvement on that. Salah won't hit 30 league goals but i'm convinced he'll notch up at least 25. What gets forgotten is he missed at least 5-10 sitters which would make you wince over the course of the season. He's not going to drop off this season with the amount of chances we create.

12 days till the start of the season. Agonising wait as the season gets nearer!

Without Allison but quite honestly, i'm not sure he's that good. Karius boobed in the final but other than that he didn't really let you down. A lot of pressure with that price tag.

Fabinho comes from a very average league.

Shaqiri has one good game in 4.

Keita, has to pick up A LOT from last season because i watched a lot of him last season and he was very mediocre.

VVD just isn't that great. I'm not sure I see what you lot see with him. I think he's struggled quite honestly.

10 point improvement but you're forgetting you're without Coutinho and Can, Milner is a year older, Klavan is your back up CB, fullbacks aren't great, an injury away from Origi and Solanke leading the front line.

No more excuses now either, cranks up the pressure further....honestly think you could finish 6/7th.

Shaqiri will likely be playing a lot as our advanced CM. He has all the attributes to be playing that role to a elite standard. A bit like Lallana, personally think both have wasted their early years as wide attackers when both were/are more fit as a '8'. Nice to see Klopp sees it that way with Shaqiri after his cameo vs United. Forget the bicycle kick, his general performance is what you look for in a creative advanced CM. Breaking the lines with his passing and his dribbling ability is of course at a high standard. A bit like Salah last season, Shaqiri is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This new role is going to fit him to a tee.

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

This line-up will make mince meat of the bus-parking sides. For the more sterner tests, we can go to Wijnaldum instead of him.

As for us not holding a CM comparable to our rivals, that will be Keita. I don't think neutrals are aware of what they're in for. This season can't start quick enough, just so everyone can see for themselves. He's something else and as long as he doesn't suffer from injury, the media are going to be fawning all over him this season.

Firmino is also as good as any of those forwards. A world class attacker who proved his worth in the CL.

I don't think we'll win it. We'll run City very close and possibly fall short. Think it'll be a battle between us two - unless Sarri really hits it off with Chelsea.

As long as we're in a title battle, i'll be happy with that. Anything can happen if you're in the mix. For example Aguero could suffer a long lay-off and suddenly their goals dry up, and then who knows what could happen.

We just need to make sure we run them close and i fully expect us to do that. Too much quality in our squad for us not to be in with a chance. We reached 75 points without Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri. Not to forget VVD for half a season. There is at least a 10 point improvement on that. Salah won't hit 30 league goals but i'm convinced he'll notch up at least 25. What gets forgotten is he missed at least 5-10 sitters which would make you wince over the course of the season. He's not going to drop off this season with the amount of chances we create.

12 days till the start of the season. Agonising wait as the season gets nearer!

So what you are saying is that he won't get exactly 30. However any other number 25 or above is possible. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back