Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville stood firm on his choice of Firmino, saying: “Pep would want him at City, Chelsea would want him, United would want him and Real Madrid would want him. He is Liverpool’s catalyst. Just as important as Salah this season.”

I mean i don't think much of Neville, but when everyone on this land gushes over his punditry, no harm in using him as reference. Especially as he's a red manc and you guys are always so keen on them!

Do you believe Lawros match predictions as well?

Look i can come back with my views on each player you don't think much of, and it won't change a thing.

More wise of me would be to come back in a few months time. Firmino needs to carry on as he is, so nothing to prove there. Though we'll speak again about Keita and his impact around December time and i hope you're man enough to admit you were wrong about him.

I'm always happy to hold my hands up when wrong. By "needs to carry on" do you mean scoring an average of 10 league goals?

If you presented me with evidence with Keita I would happily change my mind by the way. I'm just going on what I saw of him last season. He's not a bad player either, but I didn't see a lad who would dominate the PL. To be fair though, I don't think anybody saw Salah doing that last season (and I'm a big fan of his) so maybe your scouting network has seen something in him again?

Good debate with rival fans is a bit different to having one with your own.

Well you can certainly say that again given the pedantic anal garbage on your forum in the last couple of days (and of course before that). These extracts are from THREE different posters on the one thread. No wonder a variety of RS infest this thread on here for some coherent debate, even if it is somewhat like shooting fish in a barrel for us.

Yes. Penetration is not just the first principle of attack, it is also the main objective - penetration means taking defenders out of the game, by shooting, dribbling or passing. So penetration always involves the ball. Depth is never done with the ball - it is the positioning of the other attackers that creates depth. The ultimate depth is supposed to be your striker. This is why I say we play a 4-2-3-1 when Salah plays - Firmino drops into midfield, Salah pushes up, making him the out ball, which is why he should be considered the striker. It comes from knowing the principles of play, rather than watching the Sky graphic before the game
cheesy.gif

Love this man's outlook on life! So refreshing and so ... 'brave', yet so simple. And then there's that beaming smile!
Add to that the fact he is really humble, honest and hardworking...
We are truly blessed to have him as manager.
Then you spy a glance at our neighbours over in Salford... Oh the misery!
grin.gif

"System" in football is the set of principles of attack and defence through which your players play the game. The principles are divided into principles of attack and principles of defence. The principles of attack are - Penetration, Depth, Width, Mobility, Creativity/Improvisation, Surprise/Counterattack. The principles of defence are - Pressure, Cover, Balance, Compactness, Consolidation and Communication. Every team, coach, player and manager operates under those 12 principles, depending on their particular tactical bent. A coach/manager like Hodgson, for example, is very much a Penetration+Consolidation manager - i.e. those are the main two attack and defence principles they base their systems on. A coach like Guardiola, by contrast, emphasizes Width+Pressure. All principles SHOULD be coached and operational, but they put priority on different ones depending on who has the ball. The principles are also filtered through the four moments of the game: Attacking Possession - Transition to Defence - Defending - Transition to Attack. Add formation preferences to this, and you have a system So in other words, a "System" is made up of:
Principles of Attack
Principles of Defence
Four Moments of the Game
Formation (* part of an 8 inch post of the same)

« Last Edit: Today at 12:54:35 PM by the_red_pill »

I will 100% guarantee that we will not hear a peep from you if you are wrong. Unless you will want to debate why he has been not all that. Somehow I doubt it though.

Its what makes you lot so predictable and amusing to the rest of the football world. Its just you that cannot see it.

Not to play the ref, but I think we should call time on "friendly" reds coming on to "debate" or engage in friendly "banter", exclusively when they're doing well.

Would it be possible to introduce a perma-ban on sight policy for "friendly, level-headed" reds? It's not like the mods haven't given them fair opportunity.

Just an idea.

Not to play the ref, but I think we should call time on "friendly" reds coming on to "debate" or engage in friendly "banter", exclusively when they're doing well.

Would it be possible to introduce a perma-ban on sight policy for "friendly, level-headed" reds? It's not like the mods haven't given them fair opportunity.

Just an idea.

Well we kinda have a rule that welcomes any fan from anywhere. This lot can be tame for a while, but they all inevitably end up having a meltdown.

Just an idea.

Of course, when theyre losing or even simply not winning, their usual M.O. is that they scuttle away and are conspicuous by their absence on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back