Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone is eulogising them at the moment but in relation to some of the other top sides I see a midfield without a top class creative mid (Coutinho hasnt effectively been replaced), and a strikeforce without a top class central striker. Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again I don’t see Firmino or Mane getting enough. Despite being hugely hyped I still think you can get at both of their full backs as well. A couple of injuries to any of the front three and their house of cards would fall down.

Midfielders of the likes of De Bruyne Silva Ozil Eriksen even Pogba. I don’t see anyone of that class at Liverpool.

I don’t see anyone upfront for them as consistent as Lukaku Aguero Kane Aubemayang who have done it season after season.

For them to win it in my opinion they’d have to hope that United and City both implode, they stay completely injury free, Salah relocates his season, and that Spurs havent pipped them to it in that eventuality (Klopp’s never finished ahead of Pochettino).

They’ve made some decent buys but as of yet most of them are completely untested in English football and could be of any quality.

Shaqiri will likely be playing a lot as our advanced CM. He has all the attributes to be playing that role to a elite standard. A bit like Lallana, personally think both have wasted their early years as wide attackers when both were/are more fit as a '8'. Nice to see Klopp sees it that way with Shaqiri after his cameo vs United. Forget the bicycle kick, his general performance is what you look for in a creative advanced CM. Breaking the lines with his passing and his dribbling ability is of course at a high standard. A bit like Salah last season, Shaqiri is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This new role is going to fit him to a tee.

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

This line-up will make mince meat of the bus-parking sides. For the more sterner tests, we can go to Wijnaldum instead of him.

As for us not holding a CM comparable to our rivals, that will be Keita. I don't think neutrals are aware of what they're in for. This season can't start quick enough, just so everyone can see for themselves. He's something else and as long as he doesn't suffer from injury, the media are going to be fawning all over him this season.

Firmino is also as good as any of those forwards. A world class attacker who proved his worth in the CL.

I don't think we'll win it. We'll run City very close and possibly fall short. Think it'll be a battle between us two - unless Sarri really hits it off with Chelsea.

As long as we're in a title battle, i'll be happy with that. Anything can happen if you're in the mix. For example Aguero could suffer a long lay-off and suddenly their goals dry up, and then who knows what could happen.

We just need to make sure we run them close and i fully expect us to do that. Too much quality in our squad for us not to be in with a chance. We reached 75 points without Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri. Not to forget VVD for half a season. There is at least a 10 point improvement on that. Salah won't hit 30 league goals but i'm convinced he'll notch up at least 25. What gets forgotten is he missed at least 5-10 sitters which would make you wince over the course of the season. He's not going to drop off this season with the amount of chances we create.

12 days till the start of the season. Agonising wait as the season gets nearer!

Shaqiri will likely be playing a lot as our advanced CM. He has all the attributes to be playing that role to a elite standard. A bit like Lallana, personally think both have wasted their early years as wide attackers when both were/are more fit as a '8'. Nice to see Klopp sees it that way with Shaqiri after his cameo vs United. Forget the bicycle kick, his general performance is what you look for in a creative advanced CM. Breaking the lines with his passing and his dribbling ability is of course at a high standard. A bit like Salah last season, Shaqiri is going to surprise a lot of people this season. This new role is going to fit him to a tee.

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

This line-up will make mince meat of the bus-parking sides. For the more sterner tests, we can go to Wijnaldum instead of him.

As for us not holding a CM comparable to our rivals, that will be Keita. I don't think neutrals are aware of what they're in for. This season can't start quick enough, just so everyone can see for themselves. He's something else and as long as he doesn't suffer from injury, the media are going to be fawning all over him this season.

Firmino is also as good as any of those forwards. A world class attacker who proved his worth in the CL.

I don't think we'll win it. We'll run City very close and possibly fall short. Think it'll be a battle between us two - unless Sarri really hits it off with Chelsea.

As long as we're in a title battle, i'll be happy with that. Anything can happen if you're in the mix. For example Aguero could suffer a long lay-off and suddenly their goals dry up, and then who knows what could happen.

We just need to make sure we run them close and i fully expect us to do that. Too much quality in our squad for us not to be in with a chance. We reached 75 points without Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri. Not to forget VVD for half a season. There is at least a 10 point improvement on that. Salah won#t hit 30 league goals but i'm convinced he'll notch up at least 25. What gets forgotten is he missed at least 5-10 sitters which would make you wince over the course of the season. He's not going to drop off this season with the amount of chances we create.

Mate I don’t think anyone cares if I’m honest

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

We just need to make sure we run them close and i fully expect us to do that. Too much quality in our squad for us not to be in with a chance. We reached 75 points without Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri. Not to forget VVD for half a season. There is at least a 10 point improvement on that. Salah won't hit 30 league goals but i'm convinced he'll notch up at least 25. What gets forgotten is he missed at least 5-10 sitters which would make you wince over the course of the season. He's not going to drop off this season with the amount of chances we create.

Shaqiri and Lallana aren't 8's, In that system where you think the hobbit plays centrally they'd be 10's. Keita is your 8 (ie. box to box midfielder) and Fabinho is the 6 (Holder).

At least try and look like you know what you're talking about before posting an essay on a rival teams forum you divvy.

Shaqiri and Lallana aren't 8's, In that system where you think the hobbit plays centrally they'd be 10's. Keita is your 8 (ie. box to box midfielder) and Fabinho is the 6 (Holder).

At least try and look like you know what you're talking about before posting an essay on a rival teams forum you divvy.

Either would be 10's if we adopted a 4231.

In our set-up we play with two 8's. Keita being the deeper '8' of the two.

Fabinho

Keita Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

There's positivity and then there's delusion mate.

Shaqiri is in no way suited to playing in central midfield. He will be a useful change player as part of the front 3 and produces good quality of set pieces (which I think you lack and with VVD height will be useful) but he will be run all over, but most teams in the league if he plays in that role. Lallana pre injury actually played the role very well, but he's much more disciplined without the ball, has better fitness levels and is more of a team player.

Far from the league not knowing whats hit them with Keita the likelihood will be people wondering what has been paid more than 50 million pounds for. Did you watch much of Leipzig last season? I did, to keep an eye on Lookman, and in all honesty the games I saw you would have struggled to say which of the two of them was the 50 million pound asset. He's a good player, but this is a big step up, especially from a league he didn't dominate last season. He's an improvement on what you had but by no means the superstar people think.

Fabinho is a sensible signing, but again quite ordinary. 2 International caps by the time he's in the prime of his career says it all. I think he'll do ok though but he hasn't won a cap as a DM in a country not famed for them.

Firmino is a good player but could never be described as World Class. It's an insult to the label. I doubt he gets into any of the other sides around you as a striker.

You are gambling on Salah having a miracle season again. You say he missed sitters, thats what he's done all of his career. The question is, will he go back to his norm of missing more sitters? We'll see I suppose. If he does, you are in trouble next season. IF we assume a goal a point (never a bad metric) and you lose say, 10 from Salah (so he still gets 22) I am really struggling to see where the 20 points come from the above players?

It's the time of year for spivvery and outlandish statements, so your lot are full of it which is no surprise. I expect you to start well but badly run out of steam. The loss of Buvac could be significant as could fatigue in a world cup year. If Klopp starts slowly, I honestly think he could be gone by the New Year. Whatever your points for the first 10 games, that normally drops off by around 0.5-0.75 ppg in your tricky spell. I think that will be larger this season (due to World Cup fatigue) so after 10 if you're only around 18-20 points you're nowhere near the title. You're probably outside of the chance to finish top 4. Then watch the cards tumble.

Even if they are better prepared than Man Utd, they still need to catch up with Spurs before they can even think about challenging Man City

Catch up Spurs? We were a measly 2 points behind them and now have addressed our weak links in Alisson for Karius, Fabinho for Henderson and Keita for Milner. Add in Van Dijk for an extra 19 games.

There's positivity and then there's delusion mate.

Shaqiri is in no way suited to playing in central midfield. He will be a useful change player as part of the front 3 and produces good quality of set pieces (which I think you lack and with VVD height will be useful) but he will be run all over, but most teams in the league if he plays in that role. Lallana pre injury actually played the role very well, but he's much more disciplined without the ball, has better fitness levels and is more of a team player.

Far from the league not knowing whats hit them with Keita the likelihood will be people wondering what has been paid more than 50 million pounds for. Did you watch much of Leipzig last season? I did, to keep an eye on Lookman, and in all honesty the games I saw you would have struggled to say which of the two of them was the 50 million pound asset. He's a good player, but this is a big step up, especially from a league he didn't dominate last season. He's an improvement on what you had but by no means the superstar people think.

Fabinho is a sensible signing, but again quite ordinary. 2 International caps by the time he's in the prime of his career says it all. I think he'll do ok though but he hasn't won a cap as a DM in a country not famed for them.

Firmino is a good player but could never be described as World Class. It's an insult to the label. I doubt he gets into any of the other sides around you as a striker.

You are gambling on Salah having a miracle season again. You say he missed sitters, thats what he's done all of his career. The question is, will he go back to his norm of missing more sitters? We'll see I suppose. If he does, you are in trouble next season. IF we assume a goal a point (never a bad metric) and you lose say, 10 from Salah (so he still gets 22) I am really struggling to see where the 20 points come from the above players?

It's the time of year for spivvery and outlandish statements, so your lot are full of it which is no surprise. I expect you to start well but badly run out of steam. The loss of Buvac could be significant as could fatigue in a world cup year. If Klopp starts slowly, I honestly think he could be gone by the New Year. Whatever your points for the first 10 games, that normally drops off by around 0.5-0.75 ppg in your tricky spell. I think that will be larger this season (due to World Cup fatigue) so after 10 if you're only around 18-20 points you're nowhere near the title. You're probably outside of the chance to finish top 4. Then watch the cards tumble.

Klopp gone by the end of the year? Smiling like nothing here. Managers don't usually get sacked in the middle of a title challenge.

Can't be arsed with addressing rest of your post. Salah last summer was seen as an ordinary signing. One well known poster here made his views well known.

Firmino is world class. Didn't Neville claim Firmino can get into any top side in Europe?

The fact is most of our signings have been gold the last few years, and it'll prove to be the case again this year. That paragraph about Keita is especially going to prove ridiculous. If there is one signing this summer that is a sure thing, it will be him. You'll see for yourself by September.

Utterly bewildered why a football supporter decides to post their thoughts about his teams chances on a rivals forum.

Weird doesnt come close.
The likes of @Yid4life and @Sunderland afc amongst others are fine as they'll have a reasonably objective discussion (as much as you can) about football.

For a multitude of reasons, we don't get a reasoned debate with the reds who post here, so it quite quickly goes to snide comments, insults and ultimately a ban.

It would be exactly the same if people on here were to post on RAWK - well, I doubt we'd last as long - as the rivalry clouds too much judgement. It's an ego trip!

Good debate with rival fans is a bit different to having one with your own.

But unlike other clubs fans on here, you lot just congregate in this thread, one that largely insults and laughs at you, rather than actually debate wider football and non football issues. Like we are at all bothered what you think about your new inverted, upside down space marking pivot.

Klopp gone by the end of the year? Smiling like nothing here. Managers don't usually get sacked in the middle of a title challenge.

Can't be arsed with addressing rest of your post. Salah last summer was seen as an ordinary signing. One well known poster here made his views well known.

Firmino is world class. Didn't Neville claim Firmino can get into any top side in Europe?

The fact is most of our signings have been gold the last few years, and it'll prove to be the case again this year. That paragraph about Keita is especially going to prove ridiculous. If there is one signing this summer that is a sure thing, it will be him. You'll see for yourself by September.

By "can't be arsed" that can be translated to "been stumped and can't handle the truth".

I thought Salah was a good signing and said as much so I'm not sure if you are trying to back handedly lie about my words there mate. It's a typically Kopite trait I find. Unfortunately for you, I'm not a Kopite, so I only deal in the truth, no matter how many threats I get from your mob. I leave the lying to you. I've never called Salah ordinary, so don't ever insinuate I said as much.

Firmino is World Class? Is this the same "world class" Daniel Sturridge is, who has scored more than 12 league goals in a season once in his career is world class? Firmino has scored more than 15 league goals once in his career. He averages just over 10 league goals a season. He's a good worker, a clever striker, I like him as a player but that record is anything but world class mate. Such a statement is embarrassing.

You've bought well in recent years no doubt about that. You have regularly spent over 40 million quid and signed top stars who have worked out. No argument there.

There's nothing ridiculous about my comment about Keita. Have you bothered to watch him? Did he look any better than Lookman, who was awarded MOTM in those games (despite being several years younger than Keita?). He's again a good player, but you think a lad who gets about 10 a season walks into Real Madrid or Barcelona's side, so your judgement is circumspect.

Now without lying, have a go at coming back to the original points I made, without further embarrassing yourself. Remember you are on an Everton forum now, so honesty and truth, as opposed to lies, misinformation and racism will be whats expected.

Utterly bewildered why a football supporter decides to post their thoughts about his teams chances on a rivals forum.

Weird doesnt come close.

Whats most bewildering, is when his 12 year old kopite logic (i.e. lies) get called out he bails and says "he an't be bothered" to respond to the factual counter points made. What sort of idiot comes and spams a forum with nonsense, defends it by wanting to debate, and when he is presented with accurate information refuses to engage (as well as attempts to give the impression of mis information about the poster).

It's a weird little bitter cult they belong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back