Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think they’ll be in a frantic fight for top 4 with some rejuvenated sides. Chelsea were a joke last season and almost edged them out. They’ll be better, Arsenal will be miles better l. Spurs will be just as consistent. The title will be between the two Manchester clubs in my view with 2 out of the other 4 making up the numbers.

i've done an outside bet on arsenal winning it, nobodies defended it for a while but city have a good chance, spurs will be good but again i don't see them properly challenging, could be battle between the other 4 tbh.

I know everyone is eulogising them at the moment but in relation to some of the other top sides I see a midfield without a top class creative mid (Coutinho hasnt effectively been replaced), and a strikeforce without a top class central striker. Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again I don’t see Firmino or Mane getting enough. Despite being hugely hyped I still think you can get at both of their full backs as well. A couple of injuries to any of the front three and their house of cards would fall down.

Midfielders of the likes of De Bruyne Silva Ozil Eriksen even Pogba. I don’t see anyone of that class at Liverpool.

I don’t see anyone upfront for them as consistent as Lukaku Aguero Kane Aubemayang who have done it season after season.

For them to win it in my opinion they’d have to hope that United and City both implode, they stay completely injury free, Salah relocates his season, and that Spurs havent pipped them to it in that eventuality (Klopp’s never finished ahead of Pochettino).

They’ve made some decent buys but as of yet most of them are completely untested in English football and could be of any quality.

Watch Arsenal too. They have got 2 lads up top, who are both well rested going into the season who are capable of scoring 25+ goals. Theres definitely a way, if you get both of those guys into the team together you could get 50 goals from them. The challenge will be to get them into the team together and remain solid enough at the back. Could go either way, but if they click they have more firepower than Liverpool.

I think United could fall away this season.

Liverpool are doing very little different to previous season. Beating United's reserve team is not a measure. They have had much better pre seasons and still ended up 4th. Pre seasons where they weren't heavily beaten by sides like Dortmund.

Lets see how it goes, they have a very easy start, but to stand any chance of the title they need to win the first 7 or 8 games for me. Anything less and I can see a sticky winter. If they are on 15/16 points through though fixtures, I could see wheels coming off as the harder fixtures come and the fatigue sets in.

i've done an outside bet on arsenal winning it, nobodies defended it for a while but city have a good chance, spurs will be good but again i don't see them properly challenging, could be battle between the other 4 tbh.

I've just said Arsenal above mate. If they get Lacazette and Aubamyang right they get 45-50 goals. Look at what Sturridge and Suarez did for Liverpool. Essentially turned a mid table team into a top 4 team by scoring goals. Arsenal are starting from a much higher base than that.

Watch Arsenal too. They have got 2 lads up top, who are both well rested going into the season who are capable of scoring 25+ goals. Theres definitely a way, if you get both of those guys into the team together you could get 50 goals from them. The challenge will be to get them into the team together and remain solid enough at the back. Could go either way, but if they click they have more firepower than Liverpool.

I think United could fall away this season.

Liverpool are doing very little different to previous season. Beating United's reserve team is not a measure. They have had much better pre seasons and still ended up 4th. Pre seasons where they weren't heavily beaten by sides like Dortmund.

Lets see how it goes, they have a very easy start, but to stand any chance of the title they need to win the first 7 or 8 games for me. Anything less and I can see a sticky winter. If they are on 15/16 points through though fixtures, I could see wheels coming off as the harder fixtures come and the fatigue sets in.

I think Arsenal will be surprise challengers. Their front four if they all play together are far better than anything anyone else has got. If Emery has tightened them up at the back they are as good as anyone quality wise. Even under Wenger when they raised their game in the cups they swatted aside City and Chelsea and even in the eagle game at the Emirates last season at 2-0 down to der trickiest reds in der werld they just put three past them like it was nothing.

I’d rather have Ozil Mkhitaryan Aubemayang Lacazette than Shaqiri Mane Firmino Salah.

I think Arsenal will be surprise challengers. Their front four if they all play together are far better than anything anyone else has got. If Emery has tightened them up at the back they are as good as anyone quality wise. Even under Wenger when they raised their game in the cups they swatted aside City and Chelsea and even in the eagle game at the Emirates last season at 2-0 down to der trickiest reds in der werld they just put three past them like it was nothing.

I’d rather have Ozil Mkhitaryan Aubemayang Lacazette than Shaqiri Mane Firmino Salah.

I think they should have gone for Allegri, who I think would have turned them into title contenders very quickly (with a couple of the best Serie A defenders). Emery is a bit left field and could go either way as could any follower from Wenger. Logic dictates they should struggle as happened after Ferguson at United, but there's a sneaking feeling Wenger lost his way and has not fully utilised this squad.

Lets put it this way, Ozil is one of the best players in the league at making chances. Mikhtarian is not far behind him. Both are streets ahead of Shaquiri or anything Liverpool have had. They also have 2 clinical finishers. The issue for Arsenal will be finding a way to fit them all in, into a way that works and doesn't leave them too open. Xhaka is a poor holding midfielder (similar to the ones we have) and Ramsay is a good player but again they need a better player behind him to plug the gaps.

The defence is a problem for them, but maybe Mustafi will show his price tag under a new manager. Either way you are right to say that front 4 is miles ahead of Liverpool's who are playing to peak, while there's a lot more to come from Arsenal if the right manager goes in.

I have a kopite at work, he reckons top 3 will be a good season and no chance of winning. I was quite disappointed by this as I wanted to laugh at his delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back