Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talksport currently arguing Liverpool have a winning mentality because they had a good Champions league run “ok they didn’t win it but...”.

Man United apparently don’t have a winning mentality however.

We have finished above those lot 8 times in the last 9 seasons.

But as you say, they always write us off every year. Maybe we don't spend enough money?
Isn't Pochettino getting loads of flak off the goons for not spending enough this window?
This is what I was going to post in here when I keep reading 2nd favourites with United or outright. Spurs routinely finish above Liverpool these days and the utter arrogance Liverpool have of discounting them. No surprise mind.

This is all on Guardiola. If he had set City up to contain them at Anfield in the first leg we would half of this Liverpool their biggest threat nonsense. They wont finish within 5 points of United, let alone City.
I don't get why people underestimate Spurs tbh. One, Harry Kane. Two, they were the main threat to Leicester in 15-16, and they've consistently finished in the top 6 over the last few years. They've even started finishing above Arsenal.

My only Kopite mate called in the other day. Hes ok for one of them usually but it just shows how even their more balanced fans can get carried along on the crest of a spending spree. I said "blimey... Klopps paid a lot for that new goalie hasn't he. There was some Euro based Brit journalist on the radio the other night and he said he thought Alisson wasn't as good as he blew himself up as and the journo himself thought he was overrated and over priced at 67m". My mate said "yeah he is...Lpool put 5 past him the other week yer know". Then (of course) I said ironically "yeah that's right …hmmm I wonder why Klopp rates him then" and he said "he must know hes good". Good the way they don't over think things, hey.

With the money he's spent, his volatile personality and the attitude of their deluded fans, Klopp is already three or four bad results away from the sack.

Well the next step now HAS to be a title challenge, he's had no real pressure on him for 3 years now which has allowed him the time to build a team.....he's lead them to 4th twice, Pochettino has done better at Spurs... He's spent huge money on a Centre back and Keeper to solve their defensive problems (we'll soon see if was the players or managers fault)....staying in the Top 4 probably keeps him save, but as you say, lose 3 or 4 and drop out of the top 4 and the pressure will start to mount..

My cousin has sold exclusive access to his season ticket for Anfield to a fella from Cornwall for more than £2500 today, you cannot make them lot up lol

Reckon I’ll have mine either next season or the season after, can’t wait. £££££££

I have to say I am not in the least bit perturbed about their pre-season champions (17th year running) self awarded title.

Klopp has always heavily targeted the start of the season. He gears his players to be ready for day 1, while many of the other managers have a more delayed approach, logically leaving more in the tank for as the season runs on.

They generally look to start quickly but also run out of steam in the winter months. A similar pattern has emerged in his seasons there with a dip.

I remember saying to them, it was the Bournemouth game that killed them that season they had a good start. It sounded an odd thing to say as they were well on course to their November Champions trophy, but unless he gets a fair bit ahead by November, they will be caught.

Same again this season, perhaps more so due to the fitness catching up at the back end. It's awfully boring always being proven right with this lot.

I have to say I am not in the least bit perturbed about their pre-season champions (17th year running) self awarded title.

Klopp has always heavily targeted the start of the season. He gears his players to be ready for day 1, while many of the other managers have a more delayed approach, logically leaving more in the tank for as the season runs on.

They generally look to start quickly but also run out of steam in the winter months. A similar pattern has emerged in his seasons there with a dip.

I remember saying to them, it was the Bournemouth game that killed them that season they had a good start. It sounded an odd thing to say as they were well on course to their November Champions trophy, but unless he gets a fair bit ahead by November, they will be caught.

Same again this season, perhaps more so due to the fitness catching up at the back end. It's awfully boring always being proven right with this lot.

I know everyone is eulogising them at the moment but in relation to some of the other top sides I see a midfield without a top class creative mid (Coutinho hasnt effectively been replaced), and a strikeforce without a top class central striker. Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again I don’t see Firmino or Mane getting enough. Despite being hugely hyped I still think you can get at both of their full backs as well. A couple of injuries to any of the front three and their house of cards would fall down.

Midfielders of the likes of De Bruyne Silva Ozil Eriksen even Pogba. I don’t see anyone of that class at Liverpool.

I don’t see anyone upfront for them as consistent as Lukaku Aguero Kane Aubemayang who have done it season after season.

For them to win it in my opinion they’d have to hope that United and City both implode, they stay completely injury free, Salah relocates his season, and that Spurs havent pipped them to it in that eventuality (Klopp’s never finished ahead of Pochettino).

They’ve made some decent buys but as of yet most of them are completely untested in English football and could be of any quality.

My cousin has sold exclusive access to his season ticket for Anfield to a fella from Cornwall for more than £2500 today, you cannot make them lot up lol

Reckon I’ll have mine either next season or the season after, can’t wait. £££££££

Are they allowed to do that? :cool:

I know everyone is eulogising them at the moment but in relation to some of the other top sides I see a midfield without a top class creative mid (Coutinho hasnt effectively been replaced), and a strikeforce without a top class central striker. Unless Salah hits another 30 goals again I don’t see Firmino or Mane getting enough. Despite being hugely hyped I still think you can get at both of their full backs as well. A couple of injuries to any of the front three and their house of cards would fall down.

Midfielders of the likes of De Bruyne Silva Ozil Eriksen even Pogba. I don’t see anyone of that class at Liverpool.

I don’t see anyone upfront for them as consistent as Lukaku Aguero Kane Aubemayang who have done it season after season.

For them to win it in my opinion they’d have to hope that United and City both implode, they stay completely injury free, Salah relocates his season, and that Spurs havent pipped them to it in that eventuality (Klopp’s never finished ahead of Pochettino).

They’ve made some decent buys but as of yet most of them are completely untested in English football and could be of any quality.

They still have a terrible defence and a manager who can't defend. They're not contenders, nobody is a contender with a back four of Arnold, Lovren, van dijk and Robertson.

A couple of months of gold form doesn't mean any of these are top class players.

Everyone was having a go at the French early in the world cup, saying they were boring etc, but they weren't they were conserving their energy for the later stages, they had it all mapped out.

As catcher said above, Klopp is a sprinter, he doesn't do marathons, and that's what football is, especially the Premier league.

Those loons will start going overboard again when they start off with a few wins whilst poch and mourinho etc will be wise and bide their time over the season. Arsenal will also be back this season too, they've got Leno, papa... Yeah the Greek defender and torreira, as well as a top manager, so they've fixed most of what was wrong with them last season, as well as aubameyang who settled pretty quickly last season.

They still have a terrible defence and a manager who can't defend. They're not contenders, nobody is a contender with a back four of Arnold, Lovren, van dijk and Robertson.

A couple of months of gold form doesn't mean any of these are top class players.

Everyone was having a go at the French early in the world cup, saying they were boring etc, but they weren't they were conserving their energy for the later stages, they had it all mapped out.

As catcher said above, Klopp is a sprinter, he doesn't do marathons, and that's what football is, especially the Premier league.

Those loons will start going overboard again when they start off with a few wins whilst poch and mourinho etc will be wise and bide their time over the season. Arsenal will also be back this season too, they've got Leno, papa... Yeah the Greek defender and torreira, as well as a top manager, so they've fixed most of what was wrong with them last season, as well as aubameyang who settled pretty quickly last season.

I really think they’ll be in a frantic fight for top 4 with some rejuvenated sides. Chelsea were a joke last season and almost edged them out. They’ll be better, Arsenal will be miles better l. Spurs will be just as consistent. The title will be between the two Manchester clubs in my view with 2 out of the other 4 making up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back