Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sawa videoon ESPN Youtube that the RS could be doing a Keita type deal for Pulisic by buying him now and getting him in 12 months time.

Any club that signs Pulisic will get a huge boost commercially/social media wise seeing as he's the golden boy of American "soccer",especially if he moves to the PL which is the most watched league over there.

Also read that Karius also looks to be on his way back to Germany to either Ausberg or Leverkusen sadly.

Just sawa videoon ESPN Youtube that the RS could be doing a Keita type deal for Pulisic by buying him now and getting him in 12 months time.

Any club that signs Pulisic will get a huge boost commercially/social media wise seeing as he's the golden boy of American "soccer",especially if he moves to the PL which is the most watched league over there.

Also read that Karius also looks to be on his way back to Germany to either Ausberg or Leverkusen sadly.

Jesus Christ mods can we not just get rid of this kopite mouthpiece.....

If only there was a gif of the rs burning American Flags, we could post them as welcome messages to him, to show him what he could be getting into.

Why you comparing us to City? No claim here being made on Liverpool being better than City.

City will win the league this season. Not sure about the season after though. They'll be going for a hat-trick of titles, hunger will certainly be less (only natural), and another side in the league will be putting the finishing touches to their squad. Not to forget Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho will be a year older and on the wane.

That's when you should be worried.

I think you should be worried tbh. I think your business this year was done under the impression you'd shift Ings, Sturridge, Origi, Markovic etc

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/liverpool-set-divock-origi-price-14944134

Yet, worryingly, they're all still here, warming the bench/treatment table for millions of pounds a month and all quite likely to leave on frees. Which raises concerns on the management of the club, it just looks, from an outsider's perspective, like they've taken their eye of the ball. Baseball is very different in the way transfers, trading works and i don't think they've fully grasped that.

Players leaving end of this year:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/vertragsende/verein/31

Milner coming up to the end, no talk of a new contract...he's on his way as well I fear. Shame as he's quite good for you.

Players leaving end of next year:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/vertragsende/verein/31/vertragsendeJahr/2020

Some big names there - Matip, Clyne, Henderson, etc. They've all seen how much you've given the Dutch Maguire and Mohammed Ricketts, don't think their agents will be holding back in their negotiations.

£300m debt, sky rocketing wages, useless players on insane wages....these are very troubling times...tick tock. Hopefully you'll come back up eventually, i'd miss the derbies if we stopped having them for too long.

Just sawa videoon ESPN Youtube that we could be doing a Keita type deal for Pulisic by buying him now and getting him in 12 months time.

Easy to crack this code...

That rs is tedious but at least admits hes rs,unlike a couple of others on here wearing masks Scooby doo would suss right away

Name some names!

giphy.gif

Thanks for coming back to me with some stats. These look somewhat distorted as they are not taken over a whole season. I have some stats here for last season and compared initially Keita to Fred (who went for similar money to United) and then to Gana of 2016/7 who was widely regarded as having a good season for Everton.

Shots (per game): Keita (K)- 1.8 Fred (F) 1.6
Tackles: K-2.5 F-2.9
Clearances: K 0.7- F-0.6
Dribbles: K-2.5 F 2.9
Passes- K 44.3 F 56.8
Pass completion: K 81.8% F 85.9%
Blocks: K 0.1 F 0.4

Keita V Gana (G)

Pass completion: G: 86.3 K 81.8
Tackles: G 4.1 K 2.9
Intercepts: G 2.5 K 1.3
Clearances: G 1.2 K 0.6
Blocks: G 0.3 K 0.1
Shots per game: G 0.8 K 1.6
Dribbles per game: G 0.8 K 2.5
Loses ball per game: G 1.1 K 2.1
Passes per game: G 57.1 K 44

So you will have to forgive me in joining in the analysis that Keita is some 1 of a kind player out there. Anyone who has watched him will not substantiate that claim and put simply the statistics don't substantiate that. I have picked out 2 different players, both of them have stats in and around the same ball park as Keita. In Gana's case he is much better defensively and better on the ball, while Keita is more incisive. While Fred looks a superior player in terms of tackling, breaking up play, transitioning with the ball and how comfortable he is in possession.

None of this will be given a fair hearing within the Kopite media, however you'd have to be quite delusional to suggest that the evidence to date would point at Keita being a player that is substantially better than what we have in the league.

Gueye was quality a few seasons back so not surprised he comes out well, but you can still see the vast difference between the two attacking wise and that's the thing with Naby, he's a unique one. The guy's markers are very good both defensively and attacking. Gueye is a DM and his stats look very much of one. When he has to do anything in the final third, he's not very good at football at all.

Those Fred stats are from the Ukranian league? Pretty much redundant. By the way is that 'Completed dribbles' or 'Attempted dribbles'. One look at Fred and you can see a limited sort. Find it hard to believe he matches up with Keita there. Fred doesn't really stand out for me. Pretty sure we'll be adding him to the list of duds they've signed over the last few seasons. Think it was one summer when we both brought Depay and Firmino in the same week. Fair to say we've ended up better off. Same will apply with the Keita and Fred signings. We'll be laughing at the comparison in a few years.

Anyway it goes beyond stats, one look at Naby and you can see he is a bit special. His ability to beat off an opponent with his quick bursts is going to be a recurring thing this season. Oh and the guy can pick a pass too. Incredible eye and weight of pass on him. Like Sturridge said, he's not seen anyone like him. In his 6 years here, never really heard Sturridge speak in praise of his teammates. Sturridge is that sort i guess, but Keita has obviously impressed him a lot.

Thanks for that mate, be sure to let us know if he signs yeah?

Gueye was quality a few seasons back so not surprised he comes out well, but you can still see the vast difference between the two attacking wise and that's the thing with Naby, he's a unique one. The guy's markers are very good both defensively and attacking. Gueye is a DM and his stats look very much of one. When he has to do anything in the final third, he's not very good at football at all.

Those Fred stats are from the Ukranian league? Pretty much redundant. By the way is that 'Completed dribbles' or 'Attempted dribbles'. One look at Fred and you can see a limited sort. Find it hard to believe he matches up with Keita there. Fred doesn't really stand out for me. Pretty sure we'll be adding him to the list of duds they've signed over the last few seasons. Think it was one summer when we both brought Depay and Firmino in the same week. Fair to say we've ended up better off. Same will apply with the Keita and Fred signings. We'll be laughing at the comparison in a few years.

Anyway it goes beyond stats, one look at Naby and you can see he is a bit special. His ability to beat off an opponent with his quick bursts is going to be a recurring thing this season. Oh and the guy can pick a pass too. Incredible eye and weight of pass on him. Like Sturridge said, he's not seen anyone like him. In his 6 years here, never really heard Sturridge speak in praise of his teammates. Sturridge is that sort i guess, but Keita has obviously impressed him a lot.

What was the name of the young lad you had who was better than ronaldo a few years ago .... few years down the line are you laughing now lol

I don't think anybody has an issue with teams wanting to get better, what the issue with is the continual falsification that Liverpool fans engage in, the lack of honesty which then informs a ludicrous (and somewhat annoying) "it's our year" shouts and then the lack of any reflection when it comes to the year after. You are in no different position to most years and most years you have been nowhere near the title. 1 year in about 28 you went into the final day of the season, with a minuscule chance of winning the league. It doesn't warrant the cockiness and lack of humility.

You are right to point out you finished on 75 points, which was 1 down on the season before. You finished below 3 teams, I know that is completely written out by Liverpool fans who have in their own heads awarded themselves the 2nd place trophy on the basis of entitlement and dislike of continuing to be in Manchester Uniteds shadows.

I have no idea on what basis they are "standing still" while you are moving on. Manchester United have one of the most successful and best managers in world football. If we are using pre-season as a barometer they just beat Real Madrid, the 3 time winners of the European Cup last night. Manchester City won the league with the 2nd youngest squad in the history of the Premier League. Their players will improve again next season, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Laporte, Stones, Jesus are all some way off their best yet. Beyond Arnold it's hard to put a single Liverpool player below 25 in that category for potential.

Spurs look a bit shaky (generally always do) but as has been said, Arsenal could quite easily leapfrog both yourselves and Spurs next season. They've added well and have two strikers who are far more prolific that the supposedly World class Firmino.

Then you've got your lot, who've spent a lot of money but have a manager who imploded after the last World Cup. If it was a choice between winning the league and a similar implosion I know which one seems more likely.

Standing still comment was aimed at Spurs, but you can aim that at those too. Signing Fred and Dalot is certainly 'standing still'. Mourinho even admitting that yesterday by stating they're the same as last season.

Not even worried about them. Think they'll miss out on top 4 to Spurs and one of Chelsea/Arsenal. They'll be looking for a new manager by the end.

I'll be shocked if they're within 6 points of us. I have us down for 85-90 points and them at around 70-75. Truly expect the gap to be at double digits. They overperformed last season. All the stats revealing how much ahead of their ExpG they were. They won't get lucky again this season. Think they'll finish 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back