• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Jesus when you think they couldn’t get any worse. Setting world records in signing goalkeepers and defenders then coming out with that nonsense.

Sums that lot up all over. A gobshyte cyclops with poo eye of a club. Blind in the one red eye they have. They have always been hypocrites , like the time they were crying their usual cowering poor me victim whinge when Barcelona were trying for Coutinho saying “it was unfair poor little us leave us alone” , whilst at the same time they were bullying Southampton into selling The Virgin Dike saying they were a bigger club and were entitled to attract him. Pukes

Last edited:
They're obsessed with our finances and love to make wild predictions of our impending financial catastrophe. They've won the Champions League and Premier League in the past two seasons and can hardly spend. I'd be more worried about that then what any rival is doing. I'm sure Moshiri and Usmanov know what they are doing.

They're obsessed with our finances and love to make wild predictions of our impending financial catastrophe. They've won the Champions League and Premier League in the past two seasons and can hardly spend. I'd be more worried about that then what any rival is doing. I'm sure Moshiri and Usmanov know what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure this summer was going to be horrendous. Yet we've gone and bought in 3 major players and are signing more. It's almost like they can't get their little brains around the concept of an owner who will financially invest in his company.

I'll keep waiting for this summers armageddon though. Utter cretins :D

They may be banking on it, but I'm just not sure it's realistic when you see the trends in the transfer market. If FFP completely collapses, it may have an impact, but most sides know it's a dead asset that will just lose value. It's like James with us, another world class player but ultimately no real value in him, and the more it looks like it, the more it looks as if he was almost being given away.

I think the days of sides payijng £50m+ for lads who are 29+ and have a fair bit of mileage on the clock has gone. As I've said, if FFP goes maybe people review that, but in liue of that nobody is cuing up to pay big fees. Madrid wouldn't go higher than £70m for Mane when he was 26/7.

The James thins is very different though, as he’s had injuries and bounced around failing to quite get up to the level he’d seem d destined to reach. He’s not coming our way had he have been at those levels. Those players will command a huge sum if the club needs to sell them next year. The reality though is that rather than be able to invest the absurd money they got for coutinho into two world record signings, they’d alarmist certainly go down in quality of trying to replace either salah or mane, especially if a large chunk of the fee they get isn’t made available but instead covers holes in their finances.

The James thins is very different though, as he’s had injuries and bounced around failing to quite get up to the level he’d seem d destined to reach. He’s not coming our way had he have been at those levels. Those players will command a huge sum if the club needs to sell them next year. The reality though is that rather than be able to invest the absurd money they got for coutinho into two world record signings, they’d alarmist certainly go down in quality of trying to replace either salah or mane, especially if a large chunk of the fee they get isn’t made available but instead covers holes in their finances.

Well to a point yes, though he did very well at Bayern.
The wider issue though, is once you approach, never mind turn 30 your value just plummets radically. Nobody is paying massive money for players say 29+ now. I'm not saying they couldn't get what they paid, but they won't be getting an awful lot more. Everyone will know their best days are behind them.

Salah at 29 maybe £70-80m top end. He's probably their prized asset.

If someone was going to pay more, they'd have done so now, and got the player(s).

Amazing double standards as usual.

Utterly baffling that they keep trotting this line out.

We aren't owned by countries or oligarchs... No but your owner is worth 3bn and you've made record profits over the past year as you proudly announced just prior to trying to stick the tea lady on furlough. Hardly the plucky underdog story is it?

Bell ends.
Plus he's friends with Trump.

Jesus when you think they couldn’t get any worse. Setting world records in signing goalkeepers and defenders then coming out with that nonsense.

Bell, it was 50 mil Allison, 75 mil Van Djik, 30+ mil Mane, 30+ mil Salah (should have been more), 40 mil Fabinho, the team already had Firmino when Klopp came in.

Don't get me wrong if your team wins the league then the money is worth it but it's like Donald Trump claiming to be a self-made millionaire when he was already from a mega-loaded family anyway.

Bell, it was 50 mil Allison, 75 mil Van Djik, 30+ mil Mane, 30+ mil Salah (should have been more), 40 mil Fabinho, the team already had Firmino when Klopp came in.

Don't get me wrong if your team wins the league then the money is worth it but it's like Donald Trump claiming to be a self-made millionaire when he was already from a mega-loaded family anyway.
Don't forget about the agent's fees like they do when they quote their steals deals or the exorbitant wage bill that blows almost everyone else in world football out of the water.

Yet somehow they are the poor man at the table looking at the riches of the lesser (in their eyes) clubs and marvel at how they are managed to cobble such a low cost team together.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back