• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I'd say it's the stamina and energy, with the physical changes that's amazing. Access is possibly just being ahead of the curve, or effectively masking it.
with fitness comes clarity of thought. I noticed this when I was racing motorbikes, the fitter I was, the better I raced towards the end of races as others were getting tired and a touch sluggish in thought, I was still sharp. At the top level, tiny differences become massive

These are some amazing drugs that they improve there ability to play in a team, awareness and skill levels.

Its amazing also, that it seems only Liverpool players have access to these drugs and no other footballers and teams do.

There is no way one club are doping in isolation. Look at the carousel of Physio's, Sports scientists and Dr's between premier league clubs; them included. The reality here is if they are doping, the majority are at least aware of it & probably complicit. There is also no way the International model would be sustainable with one team doping and the rest not, simply International teams would not be including them

But why on earth would you take the lesson from US Postal that only one team doped or that it was the only reason they won?

Where there is money in sport there is always cheating. The premier league is awash with money and you suspect only one club of doping, it doesnt make sense.

For the record I have literally written a book on doping in sport, we only blame the ones who win, get caught or we dont like anyway.

Lance officially never failed a drug test, i think one test got hidden or dismissed for a stupid excuse of a skin cream or was that someone else??

Cycling gets a bad rep for doping but they are one of the few sports who have invested in testing and thats why they catch more people.

FIFA spends a pittance, its no wonder they don't catch many players.

Lance officially never failed a drug test, i think one test got hidden or dismissed for a stupid excuse of a skin cream or was that someone else??

Cycling gets a bad rep for doping but they are one of the few sports who have invested in testing and thats why they catch more people.

The test at the time was officially a health test on the percentage of red blood cells in your blood. Over 50% (which in and of itself is superhuman) and you would sit out 2 weeks. The reason epo was so popular was that as the body fatigues your red cells die off and you can no longer move oxygen to muscles as efficiently. The 50% limit was legalised doping. Levels remained at 45 to 50% for 3 week race.

Once a test was devised for synthetic epo, they moved back to the early 80s method of storing then transfusing their own blood. Which is still very difficult to detect.

Caffeine and salbutamol have been off the banned list for about 10 years.

Salbutamol however requires a TUE; so if you collectively diagnosed a team as asthmatic to use Salbutamol as a TUE, it's effectively doping.

interestingly; University of Kent in 2019 did a chunky study on performance effects on non asthmatics and it showed there were no benefits

it's worse than that, when the Fuentes case named football clubs directly (including two VERY big spanish clubs) it was brushed under the carpet, with no investigation from Spanish FA or Uefa, despite other individuals getting put in jail.

Not only is football actively avoiding the subject of doping, they are running away with their hands covering their ears

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back