• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

To compare with Coutinho, that was your first mistake. Backtracking always welcome.

James was a €13mil loan fee with an option to buy which Bayern wanted to take a year ago for €42mil.

The €42mil alone would have put him as their 2nd highest transfer ever.

Sadly James Rodriguez asked them not to take it.

But despite always playing when not injured you dont think he was 'vital' but Thiago was.

Its rather a peculiar viewpoint.

I suppose you will have a fair few fans who rate Henderson or another of your midfielders higher than Thiago.

Not really sure how its 'laughable', its simply rating a different type of player over another.

Alot of posters in this forum may have seen Thiago, James and Allan all play in the champions league, internationally and domestically.

Which leads us onto...

Why I need to see both play in the premier league to judge the quality of each player? Couldnt handle a cold wet night at Stoke etc zzz

Seeing as youve not exactly an 'avid viewer' of Bayern or Thiago based upon;

1:Coutinho comparison with James
2:Having no idea about Bayerns team
3:Classing Thiago as vital and James as a player who struggled.

I was suggesting that you may like to take some time over the course of the season and actually watch the players.

Surely thats the logical thing to do before getting 'excitable' and taking the time to trawl through another teams forum, sign up and post a load of comments about players who youve not even seen a handful of times.

If i was you i would be more concerned about breaking up the centre midfield 3 to fit in a luxury player who doesnt currently suit your gameplan.

Losing Wijnaldum and signing Thiago would need a change in strategy and if hes missing its back to the drawing board.

Hes really struggled to explain how James was supposedly none existent at Bayern and Thiago was the fulcrum, when they played a similar amount of games, and only 1 player got in the leagues team of the year in 2017/18 (and it's not Thiago).

I mean James has countless other awards that Thiago hasnt won. Relatively speaking, hes a passenger in a great team.

His analysis of the European cup final as some sort of montage to Thiago is absolutely embarrassing. He had a decent game in what was a underwhelming final.

Who can ever forget the "Keita will have categorically proven he will be player of the season in September" of his first season. Its utter idiocy. Hes a very very poor mans Gana Gueye.
That’s what they do every player they have is world class. Even when they aren’t Origi better then Lukaku. We don’t need Stirling we have Andre Wisdom a bigger better version. bruno cheyrou is a better signing than Ronaldo the list goes on with the world’s weirdest fans. Actually having a team full of world class players now has only made them worse they declared stuff like hendo best midfielder in the world. The lads a good player but they don’t half chat some utter sh*t as a fan base.

That’s what they do every player they have is world class. Even when they aren’t Origi better then Lukaku. We don’t need Stirling we have Andre Wisdom a bigger better version. bruno cheyrou is a better signing than Ronaldo the list goes on with the world’s weirdest fans. Actually having a team full of world class players now has only made them worse they declared stuff like hendo best midfielder in the world. The lads a good player but they don’t half chat some utter sh*t as a fan base.

Yes they're the biggest bluffers in football. Its cringey and pathetic. There are hundreds of these shouts.

Daniel Sturridge is world class. Origi and Benteke better than Lukaku. Ibe better than Sterling. Flanagan not a wife beater. Flanagan better than Stones. It's a constant torrent of nonsense.

When they come on here you have to try and slowly de program them from the cult propaganda they've had, which is almost impossible, as most are thick.

Yes they're the biggest bluffers in football. Its cringey and pathetic. There are hundreds of these shouts.

Daniel Sturridge is world class. Origi and Benteke better than Lukaku. Ibe better than Sterling. Flanagan not a wife beater. Flanagan better than Stones. It's a constant torrent of nonsense.

When they come on here you have to try and slowly de program them from the cult propaganda they've had, which is almost impossible, as most are thick.
Yeah a lot of them don’t have a clue about football. Except what’s going on at Liverpool football club. Saying that even then a lot of these big reds that clap an shout at the tele like they are at the match don’t even have a clue about Liverpool. They will tow all the party lines (6 times lad just bitter best team in the werld)act like they are the biggest reds fans in the world even tho they only started following the sport again a few years ago when they started been successful with Klopp.

Hes really struggled to explain how James was supposedly none existent at Bayern and Thiago was the fulcrum, when they played a similar amount of games, and only 1 player got in the leagues team of the year in 2017/18 (and it's not Thiago).

I mean James has countless other awards that Thiago hasnt won. Relatively speaking, hes a passenger in a great team.

His analysis of the European cup final as some sort of montage to Thiago is absolutely embarrassing. He had a decent game in what was a underwhelming final.

Firstly @catcherintherye who calls themselves 'Demise' on a football forum?

I imagine its a young lady called 'Denise' who became all excited about a new signing and quickly jumped in here, signed up and posted about Thiago. So quickly in fact they didnt realise they had keyed in the wrong name lol

Cant fault that, fair play to them...weve all been there :)

But then to dispute this, then backtrack on their Coutinho vs James comparison seemed a bit odd.

The general issue i have is that surely they would have some common sense to think first;

"Perhaps some of the posters on GOT may have actually seen the players im referring to".

I mean if theyve no idea about Bayern (shown within their James / Coutinho / Thiago comments) how on earth do they even know themselves if Thiago is a good player or not?

It appears to be yet another 'cultist' reading some cult centric posts on the internet and following the pied piper...believing Thiago is world class because someone else got excited on the internet.

Makes no sense to me at all...

James, Bale, Thiago

Seems to me as if theyve got the bronze medal here.

I haven't watched him play recently but is this Tiago as good as they think he is?

He isn't bad by any means

But all the midfielders over the past few years , I don't remember anyone really talking about him. Yet right now you would think he should have been shortlisted by balon d'Or every year

I imagine its a young lady called 'Denise' who became all excited about a new signing and quickly jumped in here, signed up and posted about Thiago. So quickly in fact they didnt realise they had keyed in the wrong name lol

But then to dispute this, then backtrack on their Coutinho vs James comparison seemed a bit odd.

The general issue i have is that surely they would have some common sense to think first;

"Perhaps some of the posters on GOT may have actually seen the players im referring to".

I mean if theyve no idea about Bayern (shown within their James / Coutinho / Thiago comments) how on earth do they even know themselves if Thiago is a good player or not?

It appears to be yet another 'cultist' reading some cult centric posts on the internet and following the pied piper...believing Thiago is world class because someone else got excited on the internet.

James, Bale, Thiago

I actually asked about the name Zat as I thought the same, thought it might have been Denise who had one too many glasses of white lightening and had misspelt their name.

I haven't watched him play recently but is this Tiago as good as they think he is?

He isn't bad by any means

But all the midfielders over the past few years , I don't remember anyone really talking about him. Yet right now you would think he should have been shortlisted by balon d'Or every year

He is a decent player and a good signing for them I have to admit

But best in the world? Behave!

De Bruyne is a world apart , not even our James can lace his boots.

James, Bale, Thiago

Thats it. They seem unaware James played for Bayern, so yes I doubt they know who Thiago was.

He's a really good player. He's just a level below James thats all. And yes you are right,also a level below Bale (who I reluctantly accept is probably a bit better than James).

I said wy before they were seriously linked with Thiago, I'm surprised they would swap him for Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum is a very effective footballer, partcularly in the PL. I saw the Dortmund fan say he's been their best signing, and while I wouldn't quite go that far I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment.

Yeah a lot of them don’t have a clue about football. Except what’s going on at Liverpool football club. Saying that even then a lot of these big reds that clap an shout at the tele like they are at the match don’t even have a clue about Liverpool. They will tow all the party lines (6 times lad just bitter best team in the werld)act like they are the biggest reds fans in the world even tho they only started following the sport again a few years ago when they started been successful with Klopp.

Yes they are easy to see a mile off, as most glory hunters tend to be. When their decline comes, they'll be back to supporting Chelsea again.

Thiago is a very good midfielder but let’s have it straight, no one barely mentioned him before the CL semi finals this season. He certainly didn’t do anything in countless big games Bayern hve flopped in before Flick took over. He has great quality but is inconsistent and injury prone. No doubt Klopp’s juice will get 50 consecutive games out of him this season though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back