• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

If he can get back to his performances shown at the start of his Madrid career and at Bayern I think hes a similar level to Coutinho tbf.

Really couldn't care less about comparing Rodriguez to Coutinho,

To compare with Coutinho, that was your first mistake. Backtracking always welcome.

Genuinely struggling to understand how the player who has struggled to find a place since 2015 is a cut above the player whose been vital to Bayern since arriving.

James was a €13mil loan fee with an option to buy which Bayern wanted to take a year ago for €42mil.

The €42mil alone would have put him as their 2nd highest transfer ever.

Sadly James Rodriguez asked them not to take it.

But despite always playing when not injured you dont think he was 'vital' but Thiago was.

Its rather a peculiar viewpoint.

The "debatable if hes better than Allan" the icing on the cake lol.
Yes I obviously maintain Allan being considered superior to Thiago is laughable. About as laughable as comparing Mane to prime Messi.

I suppose you will have a fair few fans who rate Henderson or another of your midfielders higher than Thiago.

Not really sure how its 'laughable', its simply rating a different type of player over another.

Alot of posters in this forum may have seen Thiago, James and Allan all play in the champions league, internationally and domestically.

Which leads us onto...

Why I need to see both play in the premier league to judge the quality of each player? Couldnt handle a cold wet night at Stoke etc zzz

Seeing as youve not exactly an 'avid viewer' of Bayern or Thiago based upon;

1:Coutinho comparison with James
2:Having no idea about Bayerns team
3:Classing Thiago as vital and James as a player who struggled.

I was suggesting that you may like to take some time over the course of the season and actually watch the players.

Surely thats the logical thing to do before getting 'excitable' and taking the time to trawl through another teams forum, sign up and post a load of comments about players who youve not even seen a handful of times.

If i was you i would be more concerned about breaking up the centre midfield 3 to fit in a luxury player who doesnt currently suit your gameplan.

Losing Wijnaldum and signing Thiago would need a change in strategy and if hes missing its back to the drawing board.

Thiago missed like half a season in 2018 with an injury and its pretty common knowledge if Thiago is fit hes in the team no questions asked. I mean just watch Bayern did u see the champions league final it was essentially a montage of Thiago pinging balls into space out wide for the wide players to run onto. (I really have to stress it is not the job of a deep playmaker to get double digit goals and assists lads) Hes also probably about to win UCL midfielder of the year as well if anyones remotely arsed about the tinpot individual awards like?
So no change in tactics this season then

Obviously nothing but point is Thiago was more important to Bayern than Rodriguez was, a view shared by pretty much everyone. I'm also unaware as to why Thiago making more appearances despite having being injured for a longer period wouldn't also point to him being more important?
Totally unrelated question, but there has been a lot of chat in here about how so many liverpool players have asthma and how that may be used as a potential mask for taking PEDs. Is there any discussion about that amongst liverpool fans or are they not aware of it?

Thiago’s going to be a massively underwhelming signing for these.

They’ve done it again, built him up to be something he’s not.

He’s not in the same league as a truly world class galactico like James, he’s just a good player who has it easy most weeks doing a simple job in a team dominating a poor league against teams who are virtually all beaten before they even kick off. He’ll go exactly the same way as Keita once he gets over here and he has to step up each week.

He’s not in the same league as a truly world class galactico like James, he’s just a good player who has it easy most weeks doing a simple job in a team dominating a poor league against teams who are virtually all beaten before they even kick off. He’ll go exactly the same way as Keita once he gets over here and he has to step up each week.

I don't watch German football but i watched the champions league final and he was the best player on the pitch. He controlled the game.

Reds fan here. I think James will be the top assist maker in the league this season just ahead of De Bruyne.
Everton are sure to get top 3 this season. Everton are defensively solid now with midfield additions, and have great attack with James, Richarlison and CL.
Ancelloti is a great manager too. I think Everton will be ahead of Man United and Chelsea this season.

Reds fan here. I think James will be the top assist maker in the league this season just ahead of De Bruyne.
Everton are sure to get top 3 this season. Everton are defensively solid now with midfield additions, and have great attack with James, Richarlison and CL.
Ancelloti is a great manager too. I think Everton will be ahead of Man United and Chelsea this season.
Finally, a liverpool customer that understands football

Did you type this without sniggering?

If "cult propaganda" means actually properly reading the amount of trophies won by Thiago properly then yes its cult propaganda mate

Theyve won essentially the same senior trophies.

James has far more individuals honours, which I've shown you previously, haven't I?

So rather than lying, why dont you have the decency and respect to tell the truth? You are not amongst Kopites now, we treat each other with respect on here, and would appreciate it if you could try to do the same.

Who can ever forget the "Keita will have categorically proven he will be player of the season in September" of his first season. Its utter idiocy. Hes a very very poor mans Gana Gueye.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back