• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

That very website counts Thiago having won 28 trophies??? 31 if u include his u17 european championship and 2 u21 european championships ofc.

I think I say you can show me Thiagos which will be quality as well. I think in my next post I say I think Thiago has probably won more trophies.

Though if your counting Thiagos u17 trophies I'm pretty sure Rodriguez won 9 gold stars in his under 6's sports day at school which makes him the overall winner I'm afraid mate.

So you recon James was completely injury free for the full two seasons he was there?

And what has Thiago playing a few passes in the champions league final a few weeks ago got to do with Rodriguez 'struggling to find a place'?

My argument isn't about Thiago being a bad player, hes not, hes a world class player. But so is Rodriguez. Except one just signed for the RS and the other signed for little old Everton. So the cult have their party line and they're sticking to it, despite the facts proving it completely wrong.
You can’t speak to Liverpool fans about football. It’s impossible for them to have a normal rational conversation about it. They are all bad weirdos when it comes to talking about the beautiful game of togger.

thiago V James is a ridiculous arguement, akin to squabbling between Mila Kunis and Margot Robbie's husbands over whose wife is better looking.

They are both class rolls royce footballers, both have poor injury records but play a very different role for there teams. Both clubs have brokered amazing deals, with an element of risk.

If you ask me James will have the bigger impact because we need him more.

thiago V James is a ridiculous arguement, akin to squabbling between Mila Kunis and Margot Robbie's husbands over whose wife is better looking.

They are both class rolls royce footballers, both have poor injury records but play a very different role for there teams. Both clubs have brokered amazing deals, with an element of risk.

Yeah I agree. Rodriguez could transform u hes a great signing.

This is my point tho, the majority of blues are happy to admit that Thiago is a Rolls Royce of a footballer, because he is. IMO its a bit ridiculous to argue he's not.

But the grand majority of reds don't want to admit that James is world class. It's like if we have a world class player that somehow makes their world class player less important. So they're all just peddling the myth that he's done nothing since the world cup. And giving it the snidey 'good signing for Everton tho' to finish it off

*red here* Any red who says Rodriguez is anything but a top player is just a weirdo, hes a class player and honestly I cant even think of anyone like him you've had in the premier league. a statement signing that would compete for a place at any top 6 club. If he can get back to his performances shown at the start of his Madrid career and at Bayern I think hes a similar level to Coutinho tbf.

Had to laugh at this take tho ffs
"Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football)."

Genuinely struggling to understand how the player who has struggled to find a place since 2015 is a cut above the player whose been vital to Bayern since arriving. The "debatable if hes better than Allan" the icing on the cake lol.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam dot com mate, post lots.

And what has Thiago playing a few passes in the champions league final a few weeks ago got to do with Rodriguez 'struggling to find a place."

Obviously nothing but point is Thiago was more important to Bayern than Rodriguez was, a view shared by pretty much everyone. I'm also unaware as to why Thiago making more appearances despite having being injured for a longer period wouldn't also point to him being more important?

And what has Thiago playing a few passes in the champions league final a few weeks ago got to do with Rodriguez 'struggling to find a place."

Obviously nothing but point is Thiago was more important to Bayern than Rodriguez was, a view shared by pretty much everyone. I'm also unaware as to why Thiago making more appearances despite having being injured for a longer period wouldn't also point to him being more important?

When did I ever say James was more important to Bayern than Thiago?

I'm arguing that the difference between a 'vital player' and 'a player struggling to find a place' is a lot more than 6 appearances. Especially when the player supposedly struggling to find a place contributed more than double the assists and goals. I think that would be a view shared by pretty much everyone.

The majority of blues are happy to admit Thiago is a world class player but the reds are pulling out all the stops and excuses to deny the fact that James is. Its just weird

When did I ever say James was more important to Bayern than Thiago?

I'm arguing that the difference between a 'vital player' and 'a player struggling to find a place' is a lot more than 6 appearances. Especially when the player supposedly struggling to find a place contributed more than double the assists and goals. I think that would be a view shared by pretty much everyone.

The majority of blues are happy to admit Thiago is a world class player but the reds are pulling out all the stops and excuses to deny the fact that James is. Its just weird

The word "weird" really should be given to them exclusively in the dictionary tbf

And btw this is James injury history: https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-rodriguez/verletzungen/spieler/88103

Cant be arsed adding up all the 'days missed' while he was at Bayern, but its over 100.

So the bit about Thiago being injured for a longer period is a bit irrelevant.

EDIT: Just realised it shows 'games missed' and according to that he missed 25.

So out of 68 Bundesliga games over 2 seasons he played 43 and missed 25 through injury. By my calculations that means he played in 100% of the games he was fit for.

Checkmate.

Thanks for todays football education lesson m8. You sure put dem bitter bloos in their place.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back