• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Really couldn't care less about comparing Rodriguez to Coutinho, was just a random a point of measurement that I didnt think would even cause offence.

Why I need to see both play in the premier league to judge the quality of each player? Couldnt handle a cold wet night at Stoke etc zzz

Yes I obviously maintain Allan being considered superior to Thiago is laughable. About as laughable as comparing Mane to prime Messi. Allan is a great player as his excellent debut only further solidified but I think you'll be hard pressed finding people willing to argue Allan > Thiago lads. I wouldn't have even commented (and probs shouldnt have) just was blown away by this comment lol. For the record you's have had an excellent window and even including the Thiago transfer have probably had a stronger window than us considering you bought 2 good midfielders upgrading from clowns like Davies and Siggurdssson and ofc signing Rodriguez has been praised by pretty much everyone.

Hello again Denise. I noticed how you said it was laughable to compare Mane to prime Messi. Does that mean you compare Mane to Messi now that he isn't in his prime?

I just wanted to double check when I could laugh at that one now or save it until tomorrow morning as I've got a day off work.

If they shoe horn Thiago into a 10 role they will be weaker elsewhere is what i am saying - but i don’t think klopp will venture too far from his 4321 long ball / volume crossing tactics tbf

yeah - fair point; I would see him as the 6 in all of those set-ups rather than a 10 though. I thought (and no expert) he has played far deeper through last 4/5 years

yeah - fair point; I would see him as the 6 in all of those set-ups rather than a 10 though. I thought (and no expert) he has played far deeper through last 4/5 years

As would I, and personally i think what he lacks in athleticism he more than makes up
for in ability - that being said it will definitely be a culture shock going from Fabinho or Wijnaldum to Thiago in the defensive midfielder role

I mean, it's astonishing to suggest James hasn't done anything from 2015 onwards. An astonishing level of ignorance.

To give a flavour, he has won the domestic title on 4 occasions (on all occasions making the same nunber of appearances Thiago did last season for Bayern, in most cases many more) as well as scoring and creating many more goals. Won the European cup twice as well as a host of other trophies (the same amount as Thiago has achieved in his entire career).

He's been named in the La Liga and Bundesliga team of the season, won the best midfielder in La Liga award, the top assister in the Spanish Cup etc. Last season he was named the Copa America Team of the tournament.

Thiago never made the La Liga Team of the season award. Nor has he ever won the midfielder of the award.

This is a comparison between James in the period of his career that Denise has claimed has done nothing, and he is still streets ahead of what Thiago has achieved in his entire career via a range of metrics. That sort of underpins why he is just a level or 2 above Thiago.

Sell to buy FC.

.....and even then they needed to pay in the drip.

FSG must be the luckiest owners in World football. Buy a club from the bank as they’re in *cough* administration for buttons.

Invest £0

Make one great appointment in Klopp.

Sell to buy despite winning the league.

I find it a bit odd at how they are giving stick to @arminisgod, we were saying for the last couple years that the only major reason we never were in real trouble was because the league was just so so so poor. You have the top6, even those aren't the top 6 any more. Arsenal, i don't care what people rave about, they really aren't all that. Spurs who the hell know. It's really the top 4 again and then a bunch of midtable teams with about 6-8 teams that could easily go down.

Back to Liverpool, yeah, don't know a thing about that guy. Just so weird how Bale and now this lad come and everyone is saying how AMAZING it is to have them in the Premier League yet we got James and the vast majority are saying "yeah, he'll probably flop".

Yes I mean it was an idiotic comment when you actually look at what James has achieved, even at Bayern in that time. Thiago is a very good player, but he's levels below James.

I wouldn’t even go as far as saying either of them is a level above the other tho.

They’re both different types of players, and both world class players in my opinion.

My gripe is with the arrogance of the reds who don’t even think it could be a debate and just peddle the myth that James has done nothing in the last few years

I mean, it's astonishing to suggest James hasn't done anything from 2015 onwards. An astonishing level of ignorance.

To give a flavour, he has won the domestic title on 4 occasions (on all occasions making the same nunber of appearances Thiago did last season for Bayern, in most cases many more) as well as scoring and creating many more goals. Won the European cup twice as well as a host of other trophies (the same amount as Thiago has achieved in his entire career).

He's been named in the La Liga and Bundesliga team of the season, won the best midfielder in La Liga award, the top assister in the Spanish Cup etc. Last season he was named the Copa America Team of the tournament.

Thiago never made the La Liga Team of the season award. Nor has he ever won the midfielder of the award.

This is a comparison between James in the period of his career that Denise has claimed has done nothing, and he is still streets ahead of what Thiago has achieved in his entire career via a range of metrics. That sort of underpins why he is just a level or 2 above Thiago.

I didn't remotely say that hes done nothing I said hes struggled to find a place which is obviously true. Why make things up? Genuinely quite worrying you're judging a deep playmaker off the goals and assists he gets as well.

I didn't remotely say that hes done nothing I said hes struggled to find a place which is obviously true. Why make things up? Genuinely quite worrying you're judging a deep playmaker off the goals and assists he gets as well.

Well James has played as a deep playmaker too, with far better output.

Ok, have it your way, while he "struggled to find a place" hes managed to wrack rather a lot of appearances, trophies and individuals awards hasnt he? Far more than Thiago has done across his whole career.

Have a think about what that tells you.

He played just 6 less games for Bayern than Thiago did over the same 2 seasons he was there. 49 vs 43.

How is that struggling to find a place in his case, but in Thiagos case, just 6 more appearances amounts to being a vital member of the squad?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back