• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I think he is a very good player. If he'd came in with a younger player or two as well then I'd be able to see a longer term strategy in play. I think he'll do well for them and potentially really add something to their CL campaign.

Having said that, meh, hopefully Everton will give us something more interesting than the rs having a blow up this season though I'd thoroughly enjoy both!

Been told by a few reds today that James is not in the same class as Thiago, and I’ve been scoffed at for even suggesting it.

Well, looking at the goal/assist stats it seems they’re right. Both players have played exactly the same professional club games, and James has more than double the goals and assists.

View attachment 101468

View attachment 101465
Yes, I know Thiago is a different type of player and he doesn’t play as far forward, but for the amount they are creaming their pants about him and dismissing James, you would expect a few more goals and assists than that while playing for two dominant teams in the division.

To be honest I actually really rate Thiago and think he’ll do well for them, but it does really wind me up the way that lot carry on. Let’s be honest, not many blues or reds have watched Thiago or James week in week out for the last few years, yet all of a sudden all the reds are experts about the pair of them
*red here* Any red who says Rodriguez is anything but a top player is just a weirdo, hes a class player and honestly I cant even think of anyone like him you've had in the premier league. a statement signing that would compete for a place at any top 6 club. If he can get back to his performances shown at the start of his Madrid career and at Bayern I think hes a similar level to Coutinho tbf.

Had to laugh at this take tho ffs
"Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football)."

Genuinely struggling to understand how the player who has struggled to find a place since 2015 is a cut above the player whose been vital to Bayern since arriving. The "debatable if hes better than Allan" the icing on the cake lol.

*red here* Any red who says Rodriguez is anything but a top player is just a weirdo, hes a class player and honestly I cant even think of anyone like him you've had in the premier league. a statement signing that would compete for a place at any top 6 club. If he can get back to his performances shown at the start of his Madrid career and at Bayern I think hes a similar level to Coutinho tbf.

"Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football)."

Genuinely struggling to understand how the player who has struggled to find a place since 2015 is a cut above the player whose been vital to Bayern since arriving. The "debatable if hes better than Allan" the icing on the cake lol.
James similar level to the one trIck pony lol behave lad

1st you compare James to Coutinho

A player Bayern wanted to sign who asked them not to activate the option. With Coutinho unwanted

2nd You believe Thiago is better than James without seeing him play in the premier league

3rd You laugh about Allan being considered superior to Thiago

Have you ever seen Thiago, Allan or James play in the last couple of years?

All of this really mate. He wasn't really first choice by the end either hence why they are happy to move him on. I think they will need to play him as a 10 in the PL, where he would excel. He will not be able to fillin for Fabinho, who is excellent in that role.

Thiago will not be able to play the No.6 role in their 4-3-3 system. He'd get over run. Think he could play one of the No.8 roles they play in midfield though again he needs to do a lot of running and adjust to pace and physicality of the league. Big ask.

Personally I think he's more suited 2 playing in a 2 man pivot in 4-2-3-1 alongside someone who sits with him and does the dirty work. Actually think Allan and Thiago would be a great 2 for 4-2-3-1. My one worry is that they switch to 4-2-3-1 and play him alongside Fabinho. That's the only possible place I can see him playing to his potential.

You have just proved my whole point about reds being biased about the two players.

James played for Bayern for 2 seasons between 2017-2019. He made 43 appearances, scored 14 goals and got 15 assists.

During the same 2 seasons, for the same club, Thiago made 49 appearances, scored 4 goals and got 8 assists.

Yet according to the red experts, one of them was a vital player and the other was a bit part player who could hardly get a game

Have u watched Bayern and thiago? I take it you haven't. He is brilliant. He makes about 10% difference not 1%.

How's he going to make them 10% better? 10% in terms of points?

You plonk a single World class player into an average team and if they performed brilliantly they make 10% difference in terms of points and quality of play.

Thiago may get into their 1st XI. He may add a bit of guile. But they'll lose the attributes of whoever they take out. If Thiago improves them by 10% then they'll walk the PL. Therefore I'm hoping I'm right and you're wrong otherwise it's going to be a shocker for us all.

good-luck-wish-you-great-success.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back