• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Best midfielder in the world by far. Perfect for them. Bastards

Is he?

He's definitely a very good player and brings something different to their midfield. I just don't buy the notion that he's the best midfielder in the World currently.

Top 15 midfielder? Definitely

Top 10? Maybe

Top 5? I don't think so

They were always going to be one of 2 or 3 teams that can win the league this season. Thiago probably increases their chances by 1%. Not that much of a difference maker for a 29 year old who'll have 2 or 3 years at his peak left.

Think it might help in the CL where again they'll be one of the 5 favourites. He'll be able to control the game for them better away from the pace of the PL.

But they are getting to the point where a number of key players are 29-30. Thiago just adds to this issue. They've probably got 3-4 more years of trying to win the PL and CL before a massive re-build is required (probably under a new manager). I think they are risking everything for short term success. They are probably rolling the dice on hoping they can get a few PL titles and a CL in the next 3-4 seasons before it falls apart and other teams take over.

Big, big risk given they won't have sales from these 30 odd year olds to finance a re-build.

Is he?

He's definitely a very good player and brings something different to their midfield. I just don't buy the notion that he's the best midfielder in the World currently.

Top 10? Maybe

Top 5? I don't think so

They were always going to be one of 2 or 3 teams that can win the league this season. Thiago probably increases their chances by 1%. Not that much of a difference maker for a 29 year old who'll have 2 or 3 years at his peak left.

Think it might help in the CL where again they'll be one of the 5 favourites. He'll be able to control the game for them better away from the pace of the PL.

But they are getting to the point where a number of key players are 29-30. Thiago just adds to this issue. They've probably got 3-4 more years of trying to win the PL and CL before a massive re-build is required (probably under a new manager). I think they are risking everything for short term success. They are probably rolling the dice on hoping they can get a few PL titles and a CL in the next 3-4 seasons before it falls apart and other teams take over.

Big, big risk given they won't have sales from these 30 odd year olds to finance a re-build.

It does beg a question why he can't get into his existing team on a regular basis if hes the best in the world?

He's a decent option, past his best but good. Similar to Allan.

It does beg a question why he can't get into his existing team on a regular basis if hes the best in the world?

He's a decent option, past his best but good. Similar to Allan.

Allan seems very robust and almost perfect for the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

Thiago is very good (and I think he was 1st choice at Bayern when fit) but got to think how he'll adjust to the pace and physicality of playing midfield in the Premier League. It's a different ball game and over the years we've seen really good players come over to the Premier league at 29/30 and struggle with it. Wouldn't be surprised to see games flash past him and him struggle a bit. Similar to Keita in that regards. Very highly rated in Bundesliga but a slight frame that doesn't look suited to English football and has only shown flashes at best.

It's why I think Thiago will suit CL football more. He'll be adjusted to the demands already.

Allan seems very robust and almost perfect for the pace and physicality of the Premier League.

Thiago is very good (and I think he was 1st choice at Bayern when fit) but got to think how he'll adjust to the pace and physicality of playing midfield in the Premier League. It's a different ball game and over the years we've seen really good players come over to the Premier league at 29/30 and struggle with it. Wouldn't be surprised to see games flash past him and him struggle a bit. Similar to Keita in that regards. Very highly rated in Bundesliga but a slight frame that doesn't look suited to English football and has only shown flashes at best.

It's why I think Thiago will suit CL football more. He'll be adjusted to the demands already.

All of this really mate. He wasn't really first choice by the end either hence why they are happy to move him on. I think they will need to play him as a 10 in the PL, where he would excel. He will not be able to fillin for Fabinho, who is excellent in that role.

Is he?

Top 10? Maybe

Top 5? I don't think so

Have u watched Bayern and thiago? I take it you haven't. He is brilliant. He makes about 10% difference not 1%.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back