• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Heehee. I honestly thought you were on the wind up.

DeBruyne gets more assists in most games than he does in a season.

In a much harder league.

There is no comparison between Thiago and DeBruyne, not Eden a conversation to be had.

Do me a favour. Much harder league? The prem is crap mate. Bayern won the CL whilst beating 2 English sides by an agg score of 17-4.

City and de bryne couldn't even beat a side that finished 7th in France. I thought this myth about the prem being the 'toughest league in the world' had gone.

James and Allan cane from the bloody beach to dominating one of England's top clubs on sun.

The prem is crap

Think you are in denial because they have signed them. He played 40 games last season. He's the best mid in the world.

I'll suited to the prem??? He will piss the league just like he has in Germany and Europe.

Not really mate, I've been saying it from well before they signed him. He's good, but even at this best illsuited to this league.

24 league games last season, 19 the season before that. Barely in Bayerns best midfield. Questionble whether he's better than Allan to be fair.

Do me a favour. Much harder league? The prem is crap mate. Bayern won the CL whilst beating 2 English sides by an agg score of 17-4.

City and de bryne couldn't even beat a side that finished 7th in France. I thought this myth about the prem being the 'toughest league in the world' had gone.

James and Allan cane from the bloody beach to dominating one of England's top clubs on sun.

The prem is crap

You’re wrong mate. I’m sure you believe it so theirs not much we can do but you’re wrong.

You can make yourself a few pound backing them if you believe that as City are currently favourites for next years CL with all 4 English clubs in the top 10 and only 1 German team. Monchengladbach are actually 100/1 if you think they’re that strong.

The same in the Europa, Arsenal favourites for it, Spurs 2nd favourites, Leicester in the top 8 and only 1 German club joining in the top 8.

Thiago doesn’t get to play against Bayern, he gets 4 toughish games again Leipzig and Dortmund and then 34 weeks when he could rest and recuperate which he won’t get here.

English teams never get a weak off even bottom of the league Norwich have proved they can beat City and Watford beating Liverpool.

Virtually all the bottom half teams in England would beat the teams who finished 4th in Germany, outside 3 teams it’s really that poor and a very easy league in comparison to the PL.

This years results mean nothing due to Covid, the interruptions and the 1 leg ties. Bayern deservedly won the competition and will go close again next year but so will the English clubs despite the tough schedule they have back home each week that no other country has to face.

You’re wrong mate. I’m sure you believe it so theirs not much we can do but you’re wrong.

You can make yourself a few pound backing them if you believe that as City are currently favourites for next years CL with all 4 English clubs in the top 10 and only 1 German team. Monchengladbach are actually 100/1 if you think they’re that strong.

The same in the Europa, Arsenal favourites for it, Spurs 2nd favourites, Leicester in the top 8 and only 1 German club joining in the top 8.

Thiago doesn’t get to play against Bayern, he gets 4 toughish games again Leipzig and Dortmund and then 34 weeks when he could rest and recuperate which he won’t get here.

English teams never get a weak off even bottom of the league Norwich have proved they can beat City and Watford beating Liverpool.

Virtually all the bottom half teams in England would beat the teams who finished 4th in Germany, outside 3 teams it’s really that poor and a very easy league in comparison to the PL.

This years results mean nothing due to Covid, the interruptions and the 1 leg ties. Bayern deservedly won the competition and will go close again next year but so will the English clubs despite the tough schedule they have back home each week that no other country has to face.

Deluded. Bookies? What do they know? English bookies make English sides faves. Shock horror.

The English arrogance really is something, like no other league in the world has the bottom sides beat the top teams. lol

What? Thiago was a star player for the best side in Europe.

He is by far the best cm in world footy.
He is what's known as a jack of all trades and master of none. If he was the player some think he would not have been spending 7 years in the Bundesliga.

In fact when Liverpool where first linked with him i had to google him to find out who he was.

He will win an Eden Hazard lookalike competition i will give you that.

But happy for them to pay him 200k a week.

He is what's known as a jack of all trades and master of none. If he was the player some think he would not have been spending 7 years in the Bundesliga.

In fact when Liverpool where first linked with him i had to google him to find out who he was.

Is this an alternative reality? Jack of all trades?

Not sure you can really knock a bloke for spending 7 years at one of the world's biggest clubs and living in one of the best cities in the world

Tbf Liverpool's midfielders tend to be jack of trades, not particularly stand out in any way but just have a good engine.

I think that says more about you than him - you have gone from having to find out who he is to having an understanding of his performance over the last 7 years hmmmm

Inappropriate Language
Not really mate, I've been saying it from well before they signed him. He's good, but even at this best illsuited to this league.

24 league games last season, 19 the season before that. Barely in Bayerns best midfield. Questionble whether he's better than Allan to be fair.
Allan is quality but [Poor language removed] hell

Been told by a few reds today that James is not in the same class as Thiago, and I’ve been scoffed at for even suggesting it.

Well, looking at the goal/assist stats it seems they’re right. Both players have played exactly the same professional club games, and James has more than double the goals and assists.

D53D5738-F7FE-401E-9976-69932BDF5C3E.webp

6F3EF116-F15F-4DD8-92FB-855EFEB728C1.webp
Yes, I know Thiago is a different type of player and he doesn’t play as far forward, but for the amount they are creaming their pants about him and dismissing James, you would expect a few more goals and assists than that while playing for two dominant teams in the division.

To be honest I actually really rate Thiago and think he’ll do well for them, but it does really wind me up the way that lot carry on. Let’s be honest, not many blues or reds have watched Thiago or James week in week out for the last few years, yet all of a sudden all the reds are experts about the pair of them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back