• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

1st you compare James to Coutinho

A player Bayern wanted to sign who asked them not to activate the option. With Coutinho unwanted

2nd You believe Thiago is better than James without seeing him play in the premier league

3rd You laugh about Allan being considered superior to Thiago

Have you ever seen Thiago, Allan or James play in the last couple of years?

Really couldn't care less about comparing Rodriguez to Coutinho, was just a random a point of measurement that I didnt think would even cause offence.

Why I need to see both play in the premier league to judge the quality of each player? Couldnt handle a cold wet night at Stoke etc zzz

Yes I obviously maintain Allan being considered superior to Thiago is laughable. About as laughable as comparing Mane to prime Messi. Allan is a great player as his excellent debut only further solidified but I think you'll be hard pressed finding people willing to argue Allan > Thiago lads. I wouldn't have even commented (and probs shouldnt have) just was blown away by this comment lol. For the record you's have had an excellent window and even including the Thiago transfer have probably had a stronger window than us considering you bought 2 good midfielders upgrading from clowns like Davies and Siggurdssson and ofc signing Rodriguez has been praised by pretty much everyone.

Thiago will not be able to play the No.6 role in their 4-3-3 system. He'd get over run. Think he could play one of the No.8 roles they play in midfield though again he needs to do a lot of running and adjust to pace and physicality of the league. Big ask.

Personally I think he's more suited 2 playing in a 2 man pivot in 4-2-3-1 alongside someone who sits with him and does the dirty work. Actually think Allan and Thiago would be a great 2 for 4-2-3-1. My one worry is that they switch to 4-2-3-1 and play him alongside Fabinho. That's the only possible place I can see him playing to his potential.

If they play 4231 then they have nobody to play in the 10 without making wholesale changes further up the field

You have just proved my whole point about reds being biased about the two players.

James played for Bayern for 2 seasons between 2017-2019. He made 43 appearances, scored 14 goals and got 15 assists.

During the same 2 seasons, for the same club, Thiago made 49 appearances, scored 4 goals and got 8 assists.

Yet according to the red experts, one of them was a vital player and the other was a bit part player who could hardly get a game
[/QUOTE
I didnt even say that Thiago was specifically better tho, just balked at Rodriguez being "a clear cut above."

You said one of them was a vital player and the other had hardly played since 2015. The stats show that’s obviously not true at all.

That’s the general perception of James amongst reds tho. Every red I’ve spoken too has made some sort of remark suggesting that James has hardly played since the World Cup and its just not true at all, he got 13 goals and 13 assists and was voted best midfielder in the league in his first season at Madrid. His goal and assists numbers at Bayern were good too, but everyone acts like he was a flop there and did nothing.

Im not saying he’s better than Thiago, but I don’t think there’s much in it and they’re different types of players. But every single red I’ve spoken too has been adamant that Thiago is a class above and that it’s not even a debate

EDIT: @Demise099 it won’t let me quote you cos you messed the original post up

Really couldn't care less about comparing Rodriguez to Coutinho, was just a random a point of measurement that I didnt think would even cause offence.

Why I need to see both play in the premier league to judge the quality of each player? Couldnt handle a cold wet night at Stoke etc zzz

Yes I obviously maintain Allan being considered superior to Thiago is laughable. About as laughable as comparing Mane to prime Messi. Allan is a great player as his excellent debut only further solidified but I think you'll be hard pressed finding people willing to argue Allan > Thiago lads. I wouldn't have even commented (and probs shouldnt have) just was blown away by this comment lol. For the record you's have had an excellent window and even including the Thiago transfer have probably had a stronger window than us considering you bought 2 good midfielders upgrading from clowns like Davies and Siggurdssson and ofc signing Rodriguez has been praised by pretty much everyone.

Well I said Allan was comparable and could be argued as better. It could be argued he is, I'm not saying I would argue it but a credible argument could be made.

As I've said Allan was described as the best in the world by Ancelotti. I'll take his judgement really, as he's forgotten more about football than all of us will ever know.

I will reitrate though, Thiago is a good player and good signing. However the hyperbole is a little ridiculous.

You said one of them was a vital player and the other had hardly played since 2015. The stats show that’s obviously not true at all.

That’s the general perception of James amongst reds tho. Every red I’ve spoken too has made some sort of remark suggesting that James has hardly played since the World Cup and its just not true at all, he got 13 goals and 13 assists and was voted best midfielder in the league in his first season at Madrid. His goal and assists numbers at Bayern were good too, but everyone acts like he was a flop there and did nothing.

Im not saying he’s better than Thiago, but I don’t think there’s much in it and they’re different types of players. But every single red I’ve spoken too has been adamant that Thiago is a class above and that it’s not even a debate

EDIT: @Demise099 it won’t let me quote you cos you messed the original post up

Yes I mean it was an idiotic comment when you actually look at what James has achieved, even at Bayern in that time. Thiago is a very good player, but he's levels below James.

*red here* Any red who says Rodriguez is anything but a top player is just a weirdo, hes a class player and honestly I cant even think of anyone like him you've had in the premier league. a statement signing that would compete for a place at any top 6 club. If he can get back to his performances shown at the start of his Madrid career and at Bayern I think hes a similar level to Coutinho tbf.

Had to laugh at this take tho ffs
"Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football)."

Genuinely struggling to understand how the player who has struggled to find a place since 2015 is a cut above the player whose been vital to Bayern since arriving. The "debatable if hes better than Allan" the icing on the cake lol.

Hello luv, not sure if you are aware but I think you've spelt your name wrong Denise. No worries though, pm the mods and they'll be able to fix it for you.

I think that is the entire point, thiago allows them so many options without having to play 433 (with salah, mane, firmino)

you will see alot more 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 diamonds and even 3-5-2 with fabinho in the 3

If they shoe horn Thiago into a 10 role they will be weaker elsewhere is what i am saying - but i don’t think klopp will venture too far from his 4321 long ball / volume crossing tactics tbf

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back