• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Is it just me who can’t understand why City are favourites for the title?
They were a million miles off them all season, nowhere near them last season, and have brought in two players, one an unknown, the other a not particularly great cb, and they’ve lost Silva and Sane, two class players.

Aguero is injured and they seem no nearer to getting a CB, Koulibaly rumoured to be going to PSG. They arguably need 2 CB’s and maybe a LB too. Obviously it’s just opinion, but I don’t see how City can be clear favourites, And reading Some City fans online and they are a bit worried too.

They were a million miles off them all season, nowhere near them last season, and have brought in two players, one an unknown, the other a not particularly great cb, and they’ve lost Silva and Sane, two class players.

Aguero is injured and they seem no nearer to getting a CB, Koulibaly rumoured to be going to PSG. They arguably need 2 CB’s and maybe a LB too. Obviously it’s just opinion, but I don’t see how City can be clear favourites, And reading Some City fans online and they are a bit worried too.

The bookies are going on Liverpool being unable to maintain their mad tempo and luck. They're discounting that they're on steroids.

Think it will be closer but they'll retain.

Their main problem is that any team who can beat their press have a very, very good chance of beating them. That isn't necessarily the case with other big teams who play a similar style. It's a Guardiola thing. I'd agree that City shouldn't be favourites based on that.

The bookies are going on Liverpool being unable to maintain their mad tempo and luck. They're discounting that they're on steroids.

Think it will be closer but they'll retain.

Chelsea game will be interesting after they scraped past Leeds. I think it has come too early for Chelsea though. They didn’t exactly look anything special vs Brighton. Saying that if they can get Werner in behind them it could be interesting.

These rats were pleading poverty the other month, going to their beloved Tory overlords with cap in hand, please Mr Boris, can we furlough our working class local staff... fast forward a few months and the neanderthals have forgotten all about that, as long as they get “that lad from Wolves in” who they know nothing about. They’re a stain of a football club.

Reds fan here. I think James will be the top assist maker in the league this season just ahead of De Bruyne.
Everton are sure to get top 3 this season. Everton are defensively solid now with midfield additions, and have great attack with James, Richarlison and CL.
Ancelloti is a great manager too. I think Everton will be ahead of Man United and Chelsea this season.
Nonsense the favourable var teams will be up there regardless of ability, vault me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back