• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Never watch them, but after that sending off knew it was a forgone conclusion so watched the second half. The only team that can stop them retaining the title is themselves.

One ‘weakness’ I always thought was the lack of a craftsman in midfield. They have that now. There ain’t a better central midfielder on the planet. Xavi is the greatest I have ever seen, and it’s clear as day as a youngster this fella has developed alongside him.

I appreciate class regardless of who they play for. I applauded Son when I was at Goodison the season before last when he was sensational. As a Celtic fan I also loved that Rangers team of 97-98 with Laudrup, Negri, Albertz and co (being at an Irish Catholic school I’d never have disclosed it but I preferred watching them, but glad Celtic won the league).

I won’t be watching them unless it’s forgone conclusions like today. At least when I do I can appreciate the master in midfield.

Honestly, you are a [Poor language removed], no other words.

Nobody cares about what happened last season. It's not a proper title as it was won months after the season finished. You won the first part of the season, Manchester City won the 2nd. It's a simple as that.

You're not viewed as legitimate champions because you dont deserve to be. No point getting your knickers in a twist about it.

Never watch them, but after that sending off knew it was a forgone conclusion so watched the second half. The only team that can stop them retaining the title is themselves.

One ‘weakness’ I always thought was the lack of a craftsman in midfield. They have that now. There ain’t a better central midfielder on the planet. Xavi is the greatest I have ever seen, and it’s clear as day as a youngster this fella has developed alongside him.

I appreciate class regardless of who they play for. I applauded Son when I was at Goodison the season before last when he was sensational. As a Celtic fan I also loved that Rangers team of 97-98 with Laudrup, Negri, Albertz and co (being at an Irish Catholic school I’d never have disclosed it but I preferred watching them, but glad Celtic won the league).

I won’t be watching them unless it’s forgone conclusions like today. At least when I do I can appreciate the master in midfield.

Hes a poor mans James Rodriguez.

The main achievement seems to be hes shouted "Robbo" a few times. Forgive not bot being massively overwhelmed.

Effing weirdos, every man jack of them.

EiYJh_MWsAEwMg1

To follow up a comment I made on the master.

People go on about Messi (and rightly so), but Xavi was the player I most enjoyed watching at Barca. Those 360 degree turns, rarely losing the ball, and always seeming to make the right decision. This fella isn’t Xavi, nobody is Xavi, but in terms of class he’s the closest thing to him playing the sport today.

He’s a RS, and that’s annoying, but appreciating class is easy for anyone who puts the love of the sport above blinkered rivalry.

Three signings so far. Thiago, James, and now Bale, its great for the league to have such quality in it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back