• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

With the worry of the virus being about or people just not wanting to go to the game on their own if they are successful etc, the amount of 6,000 could mean that only 6,000 local season ticket holders applied to go into the ballot?

With the worry of the virus being about or people just not wanting to go to the game on their own if they are successful etc, the amount of 6,000 could mean that only 6,000 local season ticket holders applied to go into the ballot?

How many local season ticket holders do you think aren’t applying because they’re too worries, when it’s the first ever chance to watch their team play as PL champions in the flesh? No doubt the trophy will be wheeled out as well.

Their season ticket setup is putrid , I reckon about 1 in 4 are being sold on every week and the waiting list is massive, about 100-150 come up for grabs every year at absolute most and most of them are from all over the country.

The club aren’t bothered , quite the opposite - if I sell a ticket for anfield to someone from Sheffield, chances are he’s gonna make his way up, go the club shop, maybe do the tour etc etc.

If it’s a local there’s no money to be made out of it, they don’t want Dave from Bootle making his way down to the ground watching the match and then going home.

How many local season ticket holders do you think aren’t applying because they’re too worries, when it’s the first ever chance to watch their team play as PL champions in the flesh? No doubt the trophy will be wheeled out as well.

Their season ticket setup is putrid , I reckon about 1 in 4 are being sold on every week and the waiting list is massive, about 100-150 come up for grabs every year at absolute most and most of them are from all over the country.

The club aren’t bothered , quite the opposite - if I sell a ticket for anfield to someone from Sheffield, chances are he’s gonna make his way up, go the club shop, maybe do the tour etc etc.

If it’s a local there’s no money to be made out of it, they don’t want Dave from Bootle making his way down to the ground watching the match and then going home.
I have no idea how many locals haven't applied but for many various reasons there will be many.

In all honesty in these times, you reselling a ticket is probably the most beneficial way of bringing money into the local area. All that goes into the LFC coffers is syphoned off to FSG.

5832 STH with an L postcode vs 25,462 Everton

Crazy

I mean banter aside, there are issues for us too, in terms of broader growth, but that is an astonishing figure. It's actually STH & members as well, no idea how many members they have, but it is pitiful. Like forget Madrid, Bayern, United etc and how many fans they have in their locality, and even look at the likes of ourselves, Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa etc they are miles behind.

Tranmere average 6,500, they honestly won't be too far ahead of them when it comes to local support. It's absolutely pathetic. I'd honestly be surprised if any club had less local fans than them on those figures.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back